Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

I saw ACU’s DC Jackson has left for Texas State. Good luck to him! He has them playing really well.

If Girsch wouldn’t have been named head coach I have a hunch he would have been highly considered for the job knowing his connection with Dorrel.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFamAlum View Post
    I saw ACU’s DC Jackson has left for Texas State. Good luck to him! He has them playing really well.

If Girsch wouldn’t have been named head coach I have a hunch he would have been highly considered for the job knowing his connection with Dorrel.
    I was excited about him for WT a couple years ago. He was the one that didn't like the way WT only offered annual contracts with no guarantees. I think he was offered before Hughes if i remember correctly

I wonder if Will would move into that position knowing his extensive history with Dorrel

Quote Originally Posted by LSCfan1 View Post
    This contradicts multiple reports I’ve heard of his personal life while in Lubbock.
    a different girlfriend?

5. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    I wonder if Will would move into that position knowing his extensive history with Dorrel
    Doubtful. Will has never coordinated and was not very hands on with game planning. I could see him doing a different role. I don’t think he is in a hurry though because he is in a multi year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    a different girlfriend?
    Girlfriend isn’t the word I would use.

So Kapn Krunchberry hires fired Denver Broncos HC to run the defense. Hmmmm....some fools never learn. So, basically KK is once again going to try to just run the Cardinal Offense and let others have free reign. Two fired HCs are going to be in charge. I couldn't be more excited about the prospects of the upcoming season if I was an Arizona Cardinal fan. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I will be shocked if this venture is successful. But, stranger things have happened!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    So Kapn Krunchberry hires fired Denver Broncos HC to run the defense. Hmmmm....some fools never learn. So, basically KK is once again going to try to just run the Cardinal Offense and let others have free reign. Two fired HCs are going to be in charge. I couldn't be more excited about the prospects of the upcoming season if I was an Arizona Cardinal fan. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I will be shocked if this venture is successful. But, stranger things have happened!!!
    Did Kingsbury spurn your advances? I don’t understand your fascination with him?

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Did Kingsbury spurn your advances? I don’t understand your fascination with him?
    Nope, thought he could learn from past mistakes. Do what he needs to do to captain the whole ship. But I was wrong.

He has done a great deal to torment me in the past with his inept HC duties at Tech. Mercifully that is over.

Didn’t think the guy was gay though. You do great job with keeping up with STDs in Lubbock so I’m sure you are more keen about his sexuality than I am!

10. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

No way! Coaches moving divisions never works... Lol
    I bet not many posters saw this one coming. The Kliffmeister ousted at TT, agree to USC OC position for a month & then get named HC of the Phoenix, AZ NFL Cardinals. Wish him success out in AZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    I bet not many posters saw this one coming. The Kliffmeister ousted at TT, agree to USC OC position for a month & then get named HC of the Phoenix, AZ NFL Cardinals. Wish him success out in AZ!
    Did you see KK going from fired at Tech to the NFL as a HC???? If you truly did, I am taking you to Vegas!!!! 707

12. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Unbelievable, U of Houston aka Cougar High fires Applewhite after Army debacle. Contrary to popular belief this is NOT a top tier HC job. The school is in a rough part of Houston so you have to be as positive as Joel Osteen to recruit there. Crime is high in the area as well as homeless folks wandering around.

My guess is they believe there is another Tom Herman up and coming Coach who will make the stop over before moving on to a better job.
    I thought the Major did an admirable job coaching the Cougs. Hope he finds another good coaching gig in the State. Perhaps the UTSA & Texas State - San Marcos HC positions will open up in a couple of years.

13. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Did you see KK going from fired at Tech to the NFL as a HC???? If you truly did, I am taking you to Vegas!!!! 707
    I thought this was an unusual & extraordinary hire. Getting terminated from TTU, initially sign with USC for 1 month, and then be hired as HC of the Cards! Does the Cardinal management in AZ see something we don't?

I thought this was an unusual & extraordinary hire. Getting terminated from TTU, initially sign with USC for 1 month, and then be hired as HC of the Cards! Does the Cardinal management in AZ see something we don't?
    I agree. Steve Keim has made some crazy moves that produced well. But this one has me scratching my head. It's either going to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history or completely genius.

15. Default Re: Coaching Vacancies and Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    I agree. Steve Keim has made some crazy moves that produced well. But this one has me scratching my head. It's either going to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history or completely genius.
    The Cards are probably just some improved QB play (Josh Rosen) from making the playoffs next season & the Kliffmeister himself is the spark they need to make the next step, maybe.

Big game Bob Stoops and his visor are back.

Bob Stoops returns to coaching with Dallas in relaunched XFL

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...relaunched-xfl

I thought the Major did an admirable job coaching the Cougs. Hope he finds another good coaching gig in the State. Perhaps the UTSA & Texas State - San Marcos HC positions will open up in a couple of years.
    Not according to their new coach, said Applewhite was not doing Head Coaching 101 simple things that was gioing to send the program spiraling downward.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122