Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McDonough Resigns as WT Offensive Coordinator!

Default Re: McDonough Resigns as WT Offensive Coordinator!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I hope Hughes makes a better hire this time around.
    CU just released Mike McIntyre from his head coaching position in Boulder. Wonder if he might be interested in the OC job at WT A&M? His CU Buffs did win the PAC-12 South in 2016. Would moving to Canyon Texas be on his Bucket List?

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
    McCarty will be gone if he has a chance at all to be. Wristen is a nightmare to work for. For the guys that actually have to endure it, the winning doesn't overshadow the constant misery.
    If he's leaving it's not a lateral move to a school with less success is my point. Hughes is a nightmare as well but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Whitfield View Post
    CU just released Mike McIntyre from his head coaching position in Boulder. Wonder if he might be interested in the OC job at WT A&M? His CU Buffs did win the PAC-12 South in 2016. Would moving to Canyon Texas be on his Bucket List?
    I'd be counting my money after my HC years at Colorado instead of seeking a $60,000 job at WT. McIntyre will earn more off of his investment accounts than Hughes makes as WT HC.

I'd be counting my money after my HC years at Colorado instead of seeking a $60,000 job at WT. McIntyre will earn more off of his investment accounts than Hughes makes as WT HC.
    Kind of makes you wonder how guy morris ended up at commerce? Baylor paid him 1.6 million a year for 5 years before firing him.

Probably a dream job to land at WT. I bet he is waiting by the phone now as i type this, just hoping WT calls

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Kind of makes you wonder how guy morris ended up at commerce? Baylor paid him 1.6 million a year for 5 years before firing him.
    It sure does make you wonder. $8M gross / $5M after taxes minus $1M in living expenses, leaves you $4M to invest. Invest $4M for 5 years at 8% and you wind up with nearly $6M. You could take your $6M and invest it in the Simon Group Real Estate Investment Trust and get a 4.5% cash dividend plus stock growth. That would yield you $270,000 a year in cash income. Makes you wonder.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-20-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Probably a dream job to land at WT. I bet he is waiting by the phone now as i type this, just hoping WT calls
    Hahahahaha your killing me. That was funny

It sure does make you wonder. $8M gross / $5M after taxes minus $1M in living expenses, leaves you $4M to invest. Invest $4M for 5 years at 8% and you wind up with nearly $6M. You could take your $6M and invest it in the Simon Group Real Estate Investment Trust and get a 4.5% cash dividend plus stock growth. That would yield you $270,000 a year in cash income. Makes you wonder.
    Heck, $4 million just setting in a savings account earning 2% would net you $80k a year.

I would not suggest this as there are more lucrative ways to invest, but it gives you an idea.

Guy Moriss never coached in Commerce. That entire sequence was revealed as a dystopic dream in the last episode of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Guy Moriss never coached in Commerce. That entire sequence was revealed as a dystopic dream in the last episode of the series.
    I dont think he "coached" either.

11. Default Re: McDonough Resigns as WT Offensive Coordinator!

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    I think those are two serious contenders. You throw in the uncertainty surrounding the GNAC, Fisk may come, especially when we throw a lot more money and I'm assuming cheaper cost of living at him.
    Valid point. Cheaper to live in Canyon, TX compared to Ellensburg WA, but obviously more scenic in the Apple State.

12. Default Re: McDonough Resigns as WT Offensive Coordinator!

You're probably right on that. Just a thought. Don't suppose Kliff Kingsbury would be interested in an OC position in a Div II school like WT. He is above average offensive Coordinator I have heard. Being a HC was not his forte apparently.
    Last edited by Michael Whitfield; 11-26-2018 at 08:40 PM.

13. Default Re: McDonough Resigns as WT Offensive Coordinator!

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Can't afford Hays, and like you said, doesn't fit scheme.

Maybe it's just me, but I was never a Stephen Lee fan. Plus, he's got a pretty sweet gig at UMHB right now.
    You are right. UMBH is in the Div III playoffs again this year. Might win it all.

14. Default Re: McDonough Resigns as WT Offensive Coordinator!

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Hahahahaha your killing me. That was funny
    I thought so as well. However, Since the TT just job opened up, going to Lubbock might be a more lucrative offer. Moving to the pleasure spot on the South Plains might take some adjustment after residing in the Peoples Republic of Boulder for the past few years.

You are right. UMBH is in the Div III playoffs again this year. Might win it all.
    In terms of percentages, MHB is the winningest college football program of all time, at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    In terms of percentages, MHB is the winningest college football program [B]of all time, at any level[\B].
    Hmmmm. I believe Notre Dame holds that record from back in the late 1920’s .881 win percentage.

But MHB has an outstanding program. And a great w/l percentage (although it may only be <250 total games)

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Hmmmm. I believe Notre Dame holds that record from back in the late 1920’s .881 win percentage.

But MHB has an outstanding program. And a great w/l percentage (although it may only be <250 total games)
    210-39 is a pretty impressive record for a program just 20 years old and all with 1 coach. I dont think there is a coach that comes close in record.

210-39 is a pretty impressive record for a program just 20 years old and all with 1 coach. I dont think there is a coach that comes close in record.
    Larry Kehres, from Mt Union, (1986-2012) was 332-24-3 for a winning percentage of .929 - he is your leader.

Frdenburg is 11th all time. Also behind Urban Meyer and the coach at Trinity (both also active coaches).

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post

MHB is number one in winning percentage, at .843.

ND is a few spots back at .725.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_football_teams_by_wins

Granted, apples and oranges on several levels, but a fun trivia question for your in-laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    MHB is number one in winning percentage, at .843.

ND is a few spots back at .725.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._teams_by_wins

Granted, apples and oranges on several levels, but a fun trivia question for your in-laws.
    Yes....NOW MHB is #1. You said "of all time". Back in the day, Notre Dame was .881. Giving them the highest winning percentage of all times.
    MHB is .843

Official records only count teams with 200+ games played. If MHB keeps it up, they may surpass ND.

And yes, a great trivia question.

Thanks for sharing. Now....back to changing your bong water. ;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast