Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Northwest Missouri State vs Ferris State

Contribute to D2

Default Northwest Missouri State vs Ferris State

With the tradition and history NWMS Ferris would probably be a 7 point underdog. We need to play well all game long.

The Harding week does help the preparation for the run by NWMS or at least they can throw well. Tough matchup.

Default Re: Northwest Missouri State vs Ferris State

Quote Originally Posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
    With the tradition and history NWMS Ferris would probably be a 7 point underdog. We need to play well all game long.

The Harding week does help the preparation for the run by NWMS or at least they can throw well. Tough matchup.
    My understanding is that only this year's players are allowed to take the field. History and tradition will be on display in Maryville in the trophy case.

Your undefeated team is hosting for a reason.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat N Mav View Post
    My understanding is that only this year's players are allowed to take the field. History and tradition will be on display in Maryville in the trophy case.

You never know what tricks TA may try.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat N Mav View Post

Apparently Ferris is allotted one of next years players though.

5. Default Re: Northwest Missouri State vs Ferris State

I can’t wait to see this game. I’ve thought all year that Ferris is the favorite to win it all with their explosive offense. Yesterday surprised me, though, after they barely held on for the victory and their offense stalled after jumping out to the 21 point lead. Ferris fans- how is the health of Jayru Campbell, and the offense as a whole? How has the team been progressing? I’ve paid attention to scores but haven’t watched at all but I’ll be watching this matchup now that my Lakers are out

6. Default Re: Northwest Missouri State vs Ferris State

I posted this in the MIAA thread as well, but I think it is pretty appropriate for this thread. I can't wait to witness another great D2 College Playoff Atmosphere. We who are true D2 fans and......... get no non-conference games........... relish all opportunities to see different venues and communities.

For those thinking about the trip I would tell you that the drive was really not bad. There is not a ton of road construction and the traffic didn't seem to be too bad. That being said, we did have pretty good timing each time we passed through the Chicago area. As for the game, I haven't had time to look into Ferris very much. No matter the opponent this time of year the challenge will be great. I have no doubt that the Bearcat preparation will be great as well.
    This team is such a throw back to the great teams in the early era of Bearcat Football greatness. (I'm talking pre-national championships!) We are not world beaters at any phase of the game, nor do we really have a position group that would wow anyone. What we do have is a great deal of grit, and relentlessness in effort. We have a group of Sr. Leaders, though small in number, that have been to and performed in championship games. They have provided all they can in leadership to a rapidly improving young cast of future stars on both sides of the ball. None of them want to be done! They seem to just now be hitting their stride! That could be scary........
    This time of year to me is about the journey! Enjoying it with your teammates! Enjoying the travel with your family! Making more and more memories! We Bearcat Fans are incredibly blessed! I am so happy to get to travel to another game, and proud that I get to be a fan of these great kids and coaches! #OABAAB Hope to see you all in Big Rapids! The kids deserve it and so do you!

Computers have NW going into Big Rapids and leaving with the W. Computers also say they will be in Ar' kansas the following weekend.

What is the best tailgating areas for this weekend?

Thinking about heading down to BR for the game since it's only an hour and 25 minutes away from home and I'll be up that way for Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    You never know what tricks TA may try.
    Heard Sieler had on a Ferris Jersey after his game today. Keep an eye on the D-line rush on passing downs.

Quote Originally Posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
    I can’t wait to see this game. I’ve thought all year that Ferris is the favorite to win it all with their explosive offense. Yesterday surprised me, though, after they barely held on for the victory and their offense stalled after jumping out to the 21 point lead. Ferris fans- how is the health of Jayru Campbell, and the offense as a whole? How has the team been progressing? I’ve paid attention to scores but haven’t watched at all but I’ll be watching this matchup now that my Lakers are out
    Hard to tell on Jayru. Seen him clutching his knee after one his touchdowns, and it seemed they went away from him running after that. Not sure if that's why they changed the offense in the 2nd half or what. Oline is banged up with top lineman down and don't know status of starting MLB and DE. TA does have a history of moving away from the run game when its working, so hard to put a finger on that 2nd half vs Harding.

Blog Entries

Running QB's usually do well against NW D's. I still don't think you are usually going to run over a NW D though. If you are going to beat NW you will want to do it through the air. Ferris will be the favorite for this game, if they can do a better job sealing the edge against the NW O and then get to freshman QB they will give the NW offense struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    Running QB's usually do well against NW D's. I still don't think you are usually going to run over a NW D though. If you are going to beat NW you will want to do it through the air. Ferris will be the favorite for this game, if they can do a better job sealing the edge against the NW O and then get to freshman QB they will give the NW offense struggles.
    This is true for NW too. Get Jayru to the edge and we gone.

Oh my gosh do you people ever get sick of this? Or no?

This is like Alabama fans going in to every game telling everyone they know that they're going to lose.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    Oh my gosh do you people ever get sick of this? Or no?

This is like Alabama fans going in to every game telling everyone they know that they're going to lose.
    No one is sandbagging this year. We weren't sandbagging last year when NW lost to Ashland. It's not the 2009,2013,2015,2016 team overall level wise. NW fans have sandbagged in the past, but honestly they aren't this year. NW is just a good team this year, not a great team. This isn't a year where a few games into the year people are going, you know what.. they may be a NC team.

Ferris is undefeated, in the GLIAC which isn't a complete push over of a conference. The MIAA is down the last 2 years, so I don't think it's much of sandbagging. 2015 and 2016 there were teams that had a chance to give NW a game but most people knew NW was one of a small handful of teams that would likely end up in the NC. They were just kicking people's teeth in. This NW team isn't like that.
    Last edited by JR Chaney; 11-19-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Good Luck to the Bulldogs!

Go NWMS

No one is sandbagging this year. We weren't sandbagging last year when NW lost to Ashland. It's not the 2009,2013,2015,2016 team overall level wise. NW fans have sandbagged in the past, but honestly they aren't this year. NW is just a good team this year, not a great team. This isn't a year where a few games into the year people are going, you know what.. they may be a NC team.

Ferris is undefeated, in the GLIAC which isn't a complete push over of a conference. The MIAA is down the last 2 years, so I don't think it's much of sandbagging. 2015 and 2016 there were teams that had a chance to give NW a game but most people knew NW was one of a small handful of teams that would likely end up in the NC. They were just kicking people's teeth in. This NW team isn't like that.
    Almost every NW fan on here said they were going to lose to GV, and they "kicked GV's teeth in"...soooo. Haha

Blog Entries

Almost every NW fan on here said they were going to lose to GV, and they "kicked GV's teeth in"...soooo. Haha
    Everyone thought they would. Either GLIAC is down along with the MIAA or it was a match up issue.

19. Default Re: Northwest Missouri State vs Ferris State

compughterratings.com simulator:

NWMS 31 Ferris 26
    Indy 18 OBU 25
    Hillsdale 26 ND 22

and almost all of us have expressed surprise at the outcome. i thought nw COULD win, didn't know if they WOULD win, and certainly never dreamed it would be what it was. but c'mon, 6 seed going to the de facto 1 seed but somehow ferris is the underdog?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast