Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Missouri Southern

Default Re: Missouri Southern

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Noon start. Very unusual, especially on a weekday. I've heard some 300 elementary school kids will be there probably as a reward for good attendance or something similar.

Will definitely be a different environment compared to most MSSU home games. Personally I'm taking a long lunch break from work to be there.
    Saw some nice shooting at halftime. Very nice 3-pointer!

2. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Quote Originally Posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Saw some nice shooting at halftime. Very nice 3-pointer!
    I wasn't sure that guy was going to make it back to half court for the final shot. A little feeble or maybe just winded after all those missed free throws.

3. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Congratulations to Chelsey Henry for joining the 1,000 point club for the Lady Lions today. Great player and even better person!

4. Default Re: Missouri Southern

After our 0-2 road trip this week, we now are one place out of getting a first round bye in the MIAA tourney, but just one loss away from missing the tourney. Okay, it's only four games into the conf season but it shows we are middle of the pack right now.

Serious concerns with team depth. Only four players scored Thursday at Lindenwood, and with 14 minutes to play at Lincoln we had no guards left on the bench and just two bigs, one of whom only played one minute.

After our 0-2 road trip this week, we now are one place out of getting a first round bye in the MIAA tourney, but just one loss away from missing the tourney. Okay, it's only four games into the conf season but it shows we are middle of the pack right now.

Serious concerns with team depth. Only four players scored Thursday at Lindenwood, and with 14 minutes to play at Lincoln we had no guards left on the bench and just two bigs, one of whom only played one minute.
    Did you go through all the tiebreakers to figure that out? This year you could say the top six seeds get a bye as 7 plays 10 and 8 plays 9 on the first day in KC.

6. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan View Post
    Did you go through all the tiebreakers to figure that out? This year you could say the top six seeds get a bye as 7 plays 10 and 8 plays 9 on the first day in KC.
    Yes

That is a lot of work for four games into the season.

8. Default Re: Missouri Southern

After a 1-1 start in Mankato, I felt the Lions could reach 11-1 and in fact they did. What I didn't envision was a 3-3 mark over the next six games. 14-4 is nothing to sneeze at, but 5-3 has us sitting in sixth place right now in the MIAA.

And now we have second place Washburn tonight, with league-leader Northwest Missouri waiting for us in about 10 days. Those games are sandwiched around duels with Emporia and Western. A 3-1 run or better would put us in good position as we pass the midway point of the conference season. A win tonight against the 'Bods would be an excellent next step.

-Will the refs let them play or call it tight?
    -Will this be the high scoring game it is expected to be? (these two are #1 and 3 in MIAA points per game)
    -Will a cold-shooting night from long-range by one team turn this into a double-digit loss?

I'm going with Lions 87, Washburn 83

After a 1-1 start in Mankato, I felt the Lions could reach 11-1 and in fact they did. What I didn't envision was a 3-3 mark over the next six games. 14-4 is nothing to sneeze at, but 5-3 has us sitting in sixth place right now in the MIAA.

And now we have second place Washburn tonight, with league-leader Northwest Missouri waiting for us in about 10 days. Those games are sandwiched around duels with Emporia and Western. A 3-1 run or better would put us in good position as we pass the midway point of the conference season. A win tonight against the 'Bods would be an excellent next step.

-Will the refs let them play or call it tight?
    -Will this be the high scoring game it is expected to be? (these two are #1 and 3 in MIAA points per game)
    -Will a cold-shooting night from long-range by one team turn this into a double-digit loss?

I'm going with Lions 87, Washburn 83
    I think this will be a good one MisterWizard. I agree with you. I think Mo. Southern has the edge tonight. They are at home and they are kind of "wounded" coming of 3-3 in their last 6. I think the Bods will get the Lions best shot. I think it will be a high scoring affair. I expect the Bods to play well. We have been a good road team but this will be a tall task tonight to take down you guys at home. Let hope it is a great game and everyone stays healthy. Being the road team, it is always a concern to get a fair whistle. Let's hope for that too and good luck to you guys. I have always like the style that you guys play. Boschee's teams love to play up and down and they always shoot the ball well. Good luck!

I’ll have to stream this game. I anticipate a good game to watch as a neutral fan. I haven’t seen much of Southern this year; so will be curious to see how they perform against s solid Washburn squad. I expect Southern to grind out a win, but who knows?

11. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Btech, will you be in the house tonight (Joplin)?

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    I’ll have to stream this game. I anticipate a good game to watch as a neutral fan. I haven’t seen much of Southern this year; so will be curious to see how they perform against s solid Washburn squad. I expect Southern to grind out a win, but who knows?
    I will be doing the same as well as checking on Pitt and Emporia game as well.

Yes I will.

I think this will be a very good basketball game. Looking forward to watching it. I would think MSSU is the favorite only because they are the home team. Good luck to both teams tonight.

12-2 MOSO at 1st media. Bods look rattled.

16. Default Re: Missouri Southern

45-41 bods at the break. Geiman and Lewis combined 9 of 10 from long range for WU.

45-41 bods at the break. Geiman and Lewis combined 9 of 10 from long range for WU.
    And none of those nine touched the rim.

Lions need to pound it to Martin. Bods can’t stop him.

1st team to show an interest in playing defense will win.

Bods up 63-50. 13:38 left.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast