Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Missouri Southern

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Missouri Southern

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    137-50 win for the Lions tonight against a Baptist Bible College team with only 7 players and none much over 6 feet tall. Everybody played fairly equal playing time, this was a small tuneup for our team after returning from the Thanksgiving week trip to Puerto Rico and before 3 big D2 games next week.

Two disappointments tonight.
    1). The game day staff should've made sure the nice turnout was made aware of the change in tipoff for next Tuesday's game to 5:30pm instead of 7.
    2). After spending several thousand dollars on new lights that can be dimmed and turned back up, there was no special lighting effects during starting lineup intros like we saw in Mankato earlier this month.
    Write that check and I'll bet they have it soon ;) Lights are pricey ...

2. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Write that check and I'll bet they have it soon ;) Lights are pricey ...
    They've already installed them. They just need to start using them to their full potential to improve the atmosphere.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

2). After spending several thousand dollars on new lights that can be dimmed and turned back up, there was no special lighting effects during starting lineup intros like we saw in Mankato earlier this month.
    That was actually pretty cool!

137-50 win for the Lions tonight against a Baptist Bible College team with only 7 players and none much over 6 feet tall. Everybody played fairly equal playing time, this was a small tuneup for our team after returning from the Thanksgiving week trip to Puerto Rico and before 3 big D2 games next week.

1). The game day staff should've made sure the nice turnout was made aware of the change in tipoff for next Tuesday's game to 5:30pm instead of 7.
    There was a note in the pre-game story in the Joplin Globe, a mention of it on social media, the schedule online was updated and several mentions over the PA system during the game, including at halftime and directly after the game when they always state the next home game and time. Not sure how much more you need.

I,for one, am not a big fan of the turn off the lights for introduction of the home team deal. Too contrived for this level of ball and with the typical number of fans in the seats. Maybe for big, high tension games with big fan turnout but not for the run of the mill affairs. Forget the hype and just go out and show us if you can play.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    That was actually pretty cool!
    You forgot to mention that at most Mankato games there’s hardly anyone there to see it.

I’m sure the great Don Riley would have described your opponent as the Little Sister’s of the Poor.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    You forgot to mention that at most Mankato games there’s hardly anyone there to see it.
    You're right. That means he's not allowed to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    You're right. That means he's not allowed to enjoy it.
    No, it means when nobody’s watching it’s stupid.

No, it means when nobody’s watching it’s stupid.
    Thanks for your input. Maybe the players enjoy it. Is that allowed in your set of rules?

Thanks for your input. Maybe the players enjoy it. Is that allowed in your set of rules?
    Sorry if I offended you. It’s my opinion that it is often over the top for the circumstances but not my decision. Minor deal. If it excites the players have at it. You are entitled to your opinion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mosoman View Post
    There was a note in the pre-game story in the Joplin Globe, a mention of it on social media, the schedule online was updated and several mentions over the PA system during the game, including at halftime and directly after the game when they always state the next home game and time. Not sure how much more you need.

Maybe they could have written the game time in permanent ink on each fan’s hand as they entered the game.

Sorry if I offended you. It’s my opinion that it is often over the top for the circumstances but not my decision. Minor deal. If it excites the players have at it. You are entitled to your opinion as well.
    No offense on this end. Seemed more as though you were offended by the light dimming based on your responses.

All good. Carry on.

14. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Looking forward to this week of basketball. The Lions have three home games starting with Truman State on Tuesday and then two conference games. Truman has won 4 in a row including victories over Northern State and Sioux Falls.

Central Oklahoma and Northeastern State invade Joplin on Thursday and Saturday, respectively. Both are 5-2 heading into this week, good starts for each, heading into league play.

Hopefully we have a healthy club and get Kinzer back from his thumb injury. The Lions are 6-1 and are looking good since that overtime victory in Mankato jump-started this winning streak.

15. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Hopefully we have a healthy club and get Kinzer back from his thumb injury. The Lions are 6-1 and are looking good since that overtime victory in Mankato jump-started this winning streak.
    Word I've heard is that Kinzer will be back, and that he could have played last week if they needed him. Looking forward to the 3 games this week.

16. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Lions dismantle the Truman State Bulldogs tonight 106-77 in Joplin. Six Lions in double figure scoring. MSSU wins their 7th straight to move to 7-1.

Great Lakes Valley member and former in-state rival Truman State sees their four-game winning streak end and falls to 4-5.

League play begins Thursday.

Lions dismantle the Truman State Bulldogs tonight 106-77 in Joplin. Six Lions in double figure scoring. MSSU wins their 7th straight to move to 7-1.

Great Lakes Valley member and former in-state rival Truman State sees their four-game winning streak end and falls to 4-5.

League play begins Thursday.
    I knew they changed the name and their conference, but didn't realize they moved out of Missouri too. :)

I knew they changed the name and their conference, but didn't realize they moved out of Missouri too. :)
    Now, those two things didn't happen at the same time. It's been Truman State since the mid 90s ... only GLVC members since 2013!

But yes, last I checked, Truman is still in Missouri :)

19. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Well, I wouldn't call them an in-state rival anymore since we don't play each other every year now. But I get where you are coming from. Sort of like the old reminder of the importance of the comma:

Let's eat, Grandma
    Let's eat Grandma

20. Default Re: Missouri Southern

Missouri Southern moves to 8-1 with a 96-68 thumping of Central Oklahoma. UCO has some athletes but they were no match for the Lions with five in double figure scoring, including Elyjah Clark with 26 and Cam Martin with 23.

Clark moved into second place in the Lions record book for career three-pointers, hitting five tonight including a 28-footer from the mouth of the midcourt Lions logo.

I'm biased, but these guys are really really good.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast