Thread: Cheyney

Contribute to D2

Default Cheyney

Cheyney has both men's and women's basketball this season. And they're both playing several PSAC and CIAA opponents. Are these countable D2 games for their opponents?

Default Re: Cheyney

I don't believe so because Cheyney is not an NCAA team. I imagine it would count the same as playing an NAIA school.

They just won't go away.

Memory serves I think the IUP ladies are playing them twice.

Tom is doing the polar opposite of Joe with the non-conference.

It looks like the only sports are men's and women's basketball as well as women's volleyball.

Fairmont State lists their game against Cheyney on Dec. 30 as an exhibition. The recap on East Stroudsburg's site from their game on Wednesday doesn't make it sound like an exhibition, but a regular game.

I believe that since FS is D2 and Cheyney is not, it can count as an exhibition for one and a regular season game for the other. I might not be accurate there, but I think that is allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by PSAC76 View Post
    I believe that since FS is D2 and Cheyney is not, it can count as an exhibition for one and a regular season game for the other. I might not be accurate there, but I think that is allowed.
    Cheyney is not listed on the NCAA's official list of non-countable opponents, for what that's worth:

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/ForSID...Definition.pdf

IIRC, Cheyney is part of the USCAA or something like that, so that's probably why the NCAA considers them a countable opponent.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Cheyney is not listed on the NCAA's official list of non-countable opponents, for what that's worth:

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/ForSID...Definition.pdf

IIRC, Cheyney is part of the USCAA or something like that, so that's probably why the NCAA considers them a countable opponent.
    Randomly looked up a school on this list ... University of God's Chosen ... The Disciples! Not sure if this is even a real school or a real athletic program.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    Randomly looked up a school on this list ... University of God's Chosen ... The Disciples! Not sure if this is even a real school or a real athletic program.
    Oh, you missed quite the controversy over "University of God's Chosen", the various "College of Faith" campuses, etc. a couple of years ago. They were basically sham schools with a glorified unpaid-semipro football team.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014