Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes at IUP

Contribute to D2

Default Changes at IUP

Not sure if the coach is looking for a new group, but at least one player for IUP is leaving. John McDonald-Horner announced on Twitter that he is leaving IUP. Are more players to follow? Is this an anomaly, or is sweeping change on the horizon? This could be an interesting off season.

Default Re: Changes at IUP

I bet he tries to make a D1 team again.

He didn't dress the final two games.

What in the world position would he play at D1?

Good athlete but no D1 player. Not even close.

May want to check if he's leaving or was told he's leaving. Big difference. Just sayin'

4. Default Re: Changes at IUP

How about some uniform changes. Get rid of those awful trousers and go back to the ones that had the stripe running down the leg. They looked much better. Maybe add a stripe down the center of the helmet. Jerseys are okay.

I wonder if there will be any changes in regards to the coaching staff?

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

May want to check if he's leaving or was told he's leaving. Big difference. Just sayin'

I think this was a “told he was leaving” scenario. Coincides with the timeline of guys cleaning out their lockers and having exit interviews with coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I bet he tries to make a D1 team again.
    Or the young man could just transfer to Cal U or Slippery Rock...even Edinboro.

His name is already off the roster......

He was a DB last time he was with a D1 team. Could play safety or kick off team.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    He was a DB last time he was with a D1 team. Could play safety or kick off team.

He couldn't start at IUP. He wouldn't have next year, either. If it was his choice to leave (doesn't sound like it), he probably wants to go somewhere so he can play more than just the kickoff team. Could he get on the team at some bush league D1 school in the NEC ... probably. But, nothing above that level.

He was a healthy scratch the last two games. Buyer beware.

He couldn't start at IUP. He wouldn't have next year, either. If it was his choice to leave (doesn't sound like it), he probably wants to go somewhere so he can play more than just the kickoff team. Could he get on the team at some bush league D1 school in the NEC ... probably. But, nothing above that level.

I'm wondering if this is the front end of the locker room problem we are all speculating about. The DBs went through a bunch of changes after the Rock game. AD and JR Stevens Sat, AD played some safety.

All one had to do was watch the sidelines this year -- certain groups in particular. It was a mess. I was fully expecting some major house cleaning.

One big issue they had last off-season as a result of the academic debacle was they were scrambling for bodies very late in the recruiting cycle. When you start buying transfers in late July and August ... those are the leftovers. Not all but most have baggage at that point.

If there's one positive to this year ending early is it gives them a jump on next season. Figure out who is being invited to stay and who is on the first bus out of town. McDonald-Horner won't be the only one leaving. Every program has turnover. That's just the world of the NCAA nowadays.

Just a guess but this won't be a big high school class. They have enough coming back to make noise next year. Tort will need to fill a few key spots with some stud transfers (and not the type you sign in mid-August).

All one had to do was watch the sidelines this year -- certain groups in particular. It was a mess. I was fully expecting some major house cleaning.
    One big issue they had last off-season as a result of the academic debacle was they were scrambling for bodies very late in the recruiting cycle. When you start buying transfers in late July and August ... those are the leftovers. Not all but most have baggage at that point.
    If there's one positive to this year ending early is it gives them a jump on next season. Figure out who is being invited to stay and who is on the first bus out of town. McDonald-Horner won't be the only one leaving. Every program has turnover. That's just the world of the NCAA nowadays.
    Just a guess but this won't be a big high school class. They have enough coming back to make noise next year. Tort will need to fill a few key spots with some stud transfers (and not the type you sign in mid-August).
    I think you are correct on all points. That being said, team discipline is something that has to be managed. You can't let it overtake the season. Also, you have to recruit players who are likely to succeed academically and then manage their classroom performance. Even after subtracting academic casualties they still had the talent level but it didn't happen.

At the D2 Level the head coaches ego has WAY more say so with who plays and doesn’t. I recall a few players on Cal’s old roster who didn’t start because of the coach and went on to start in the CFL and get shots at camps. I wouldn’t necessarily hold too much weight to the saying “ he couldn’t even start at IUP” jus sayin

I am not sure why he "wouldn't" have started next year. Free Safety and the Star positions are open. The young man made plays when given the opportunity to play. He probably voiced his desire to play more ESPECIALLY when the team was struggling, which probably hurt someone feelings, probably leading to the "healthy scratch" and with him ultimately deciding (according to his Twitter) that he is taking his talents elsewhere. I am sure some team, perhaps a D-II school will be happy to pick him up. I most definitely wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    I am not sure why he "wouldn't" have started next year. Free Safety and the Star positions are open. The young man made plays when given the opportunity to play. He probably voiced his desire to play more ESPECIALLY when the team was struggling, which probably hurt someone feelings, probably leading to the "healthy scratch" and with him ultimately deciding (according to his Twitter) that he is taking his talents elsewhere. I am sure some team, perhaps a D-II school will be happy to pick him up. I most definitely wish him well.
    you know, I was wondering the same thing, why wasn't he playing more when our starting Free Safety was struggling. I could see someone shooting his mouth off, and making someone mad.

Then again, the DC was the OC when we had Bo Napoleon. . . . Just sayin

16. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    How about some uniform changes. Get rid of those awful trousers and go back to the ones that had the stripe running down the leg. They looked much better. Maybe add a stripe down the center of the helmet. Jerseys are okay.

-
    Agree 100%, the pants are horrific. The Classics are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by IUsuallyPonder View Post
    Not sure if the coach is looking for a new group, but at least one player for IUP is leaving. John McDonald-Horner announced on Twitter that he is leaving IUP. Are more players to follow? Is this an anomaly, or is sweeping change on the horizon? This could be an interesting off season.
    McDonald-Horner abandoned his teammates with 2 weeks left in the season .... shows the type of character he has. Whoever gets him gets a pretty good athlete but a bigger pain in the rear end. jus sayin

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
    Without a doubt .... my guess is at least 2 most likely more. jus sayin

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    At the D2 Level the head coaches ego has WAY more say so with who plays and doesn’t. I recall a few players on Cal’s old roster who didn’t start because of the coach and went on to start in the CFL and get shots at camps. I wouldn’t necessarily hold too much weight to the saying “ he couldn’t even start at IUP” jus sayin
    My take is he had the athleticism to play but he did not have the wherewithal to play mentally for whatever reason. Perhaps this was also his problem at ISU and it will most likely be his issue where ever he ends up. jus sayin

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    McDonald-Horner abandoned his teammates with 2 weeks left in the season .... shows the type of character he has. Whoever gets him gets a pretty good athlete but a bigger pain in the rear end. jus sayin
    I am betting he was baited into abandoning his teammates. But its over now. With the secondary struggling with players ahead of him he probably wanted a chance to play. Probably went about it the wrong way, but I bet it was that he just wanted to play.....just sayin YO.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast