Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes at IUP

Default Re: Changes at IUP

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    maybe he had more interceptions this year, because they were in 3rd and long alot more and had more pass rushers in his face - look at the film, a missed block caused the pick six at Cal.

Truth is, he kept pulling them out of desperate situations, caused by the bad line play. QBs get too much credit and too much blame.
    Couldn’t stay comfortable and panicked in the pocket.... that is where IUP ran into issues in the passing game. What film are you watching? A missed block was the not the reason for the pick 6 at Cal. A lot of blame in the wrong areas for this years season... and the biggest factor was not on Lenny’s side of the ball.

2. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    AWFUL ball skills when given a chance, embarrassed by Millersville and was on field for fourth and 7 against Rock and ran into own guy.....good riddance
    One word for him.... BUM

3. Default Re: Changes at IUP

maybe he had more interceptions this year, because they were in 3rd and long alot more and had more pass rushers in his face - look at the film, a missed block caused the pick six at Cal.

Truth is, he kept pulling them out of desperate situations, caused by the bad line play. QBs get too much credit and too much blame.
    Bad line play? Go check the stat in line for the cal game, IUP Front 5 was straight up dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeSackHero View Post
    Couldn’t stay comfortable and panicked in the pocket.... that is where IUP ran into issues in the passing game. What film are you watching? A missed block was the not the reason for the pick 6 at Cal. A lot of blame in the wrong areas for this years season... and the biggest factor was not on Lenny’s side of the ball.
    Here's the pick 6 at Cal. No reason for the linebacker to come through unblocked, which screwed up the timing. No LB in his face, no pick six. Both the RG and the RB missed the guy coming through look between 1:14 and 1:17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0U8T0VuxWE

5. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Here's the pick 6 at Cal. No reason for the linebacker to come through unblocked, which screwed up the timing. No LB in his face, no pick six. Both the RG and the RB missed the guy coming through look between 1:14 and 1:17 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0U8T0VuxWE
    Your film source is on YouTube.... this conversations over!
    If you knew football and what happened and what was called ... OL isn’t the issue that play

[QUOTE=PeeSackHero;2316970]

Regardless of losing the TE’s, there wasn’t a comepletely drastic change from last year. A lot more factors in then just the front 5, and teams caught up to what IUP was going to do every week. There was more than they could block and as a fan you could spot out what they were doing before the ball was snapped. The group had 4 All Psac linemen... obviously the COACHES in the west who know football did not see them as awful as they are portrayed.
    I don't disagree with this. Sure some teams were selling out on the run, and could guess where IUP was going - almost like they knew the IUP signals. it was the Ship game that made everyone question the O-Line most.

7. Default Re: Changes at IUP

[QUOTE=ironmaniup;2317005]

I don't disagree with this. Sure some teams were selling out on the run, and could guess where IUP was going - almost like they knew the IUP signals. it was the Ship game that made everyone question the O-Line most.
    Stop looking for scapegoats. Win as a team, lose as a team. Blaming O-line play for every mishap this year is just foolish, 4 ALL CONFERENCE O-LINEMAN. that group is well respected and thought highly of in this conference.

Your film source is on YouTube.... this conversations over!
    If you knew football and what happened and what was called ... OL isn’t the issue that play
    LOL ok Homer - not what tort said - look at 6:44 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Xr3HeCxbA
    Last edited by ironmaniup; 11-18-2018 at 09:18 AM.

9. Default Re: Changes at IUP

LOL ok Homer
    Do you know football?????? Do you know there’s only 5 OL and maybe u didn’t know that’s a designed run play that was a pass....

Do you know football?????? Do you know there’s only 5 OL and maybe u didn’t know that’s a designed run play that was a pass....
    End of the day ... doesn't much matter. Still lost.

11. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    End of the day ... doesn't much matter. Still lost.
    That Oline was good enough to easily repeat as regional champs, JUST SAYIN’

Good to see we have two new Homer clones posting all of a sudden.

13. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Good to see we have two new Homer clones posting all of a sudden.
    Homer clones... but you’re the one coming at IUP and their team? Makes sense

Default Changes at IUP

This thread is about changes, what went wrong, and needed changes, etc. Per Matt’s article, here’s what the offensive line produced:

IUP’s 2,044 yards on the ground in 11 games this season is 1,547 fewer than it had in 14 games last season. The Crimson Hawks averaged 185.8 rushing yards per game in 2018 after averaging 275.9 yards per game during the previous three seasons. IUP’s leading rusher was Justice Evans, who gained 741 yards, which was the fewest yardage by an IUP leader since 1997.

Almost 100 yards less on the ground per game, not to mention poor pass protection. The entire issue wasn’t the O-line, but is sure as hell was a giant part of it. Get your head out of the sand and stop trying to put lipstick on a pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer to this riddle lies in the locker room.

That problem then just carried on to the field.

Watch the Ashland game. Then watch the last 4-5 games.

Two different teams. Not sure what happened between late August and October ... but it wasn't pretty.

16. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    This thread is about changes, what went wrong, and needed changes, etc. Per Matt’s article, here’s what the offensive line produced:

IUP’s 2,044 yards on the ground in 11 games this season is 1,547 fewer than it had in 14 games last season. The Crimson Hawks averaged 185.8 rushing yards per game in 2018 after averaging 275.9 yards per game during the previous three seasons. IUP’s leading rusher was Justice Evans, who gained 741 yards, which was the fewest yardage by an IUP leader since 1997.

Almost 100 yards less on the ground per game, not to mention poor pass protection. The entire issue wasn’t the O-line, but is sure as hell was a giant part of it. Get your head out of the sand and stop trying to put lipstick on a pig.

Poor pass protection, go check out some film in all the games and watch the pockets, don’t get confused by seeing a QB jumping around in the pocket as poor pass protection. When it comes to rushing the ball how do you want 5 oline man to block an 8 man box.

Quote Originally Posted by PSAC_FanBoy View Post
    Poor pass protection, go check out some film in all the games and watch the pockets, don’t get confused by seeing a QB jumping around in the pocket as poor pass protection. When it comes to rushing the ball how do you want 5 oline man to block an 8 man box.
    Keep squawking. The numbers don’t lie. Sometimes the truth hurts. Might I also point out that in my initial post I said it wasn’t necessarily just a player problem. If they’re outnumbered up front consistently and not adjusting to it, that’s a coaching problem.

Still, I saw numerous occasions where they were just whipped one-on-one. You want to talk about film, watch the Ship game. That’s an average defense at best, yet they played on IUP’s side of the line of scrimmage most of the day.

18. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofthehawk View Post
    keep squawking. The numbers don’t lie. Sometimes the truth hurts. Might i also point out that in my initial post i said it wasn’t necessarily just a player problem. If they’re outnumbered up front consistently and not adjusting to it, that’s a coaching problem.

Still, i saw numerous occasions where they were just whipped one-on-one. You want to talk about film, watch the ship game. That’s an average defense at best, yet they played on iup’s side of the line of scrimmage most of the day.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    you keep squawking! Im keeping it real, ship front 4 and backers was best iup seen all year. That ship team was a play or two away from being in the playoffs

I am??? I haven't said a word. You might want to check who is writing what. Go back to your hole.

A misread by Lenny was was the reason for that pick 6, he never saw McPhatter loop around .... personally I thought the play call was horrible but if not for a great play by the DB that was going to be a TD. Agree that lots of blame to go around but the offense put the defense in a lot of bad situations and the defense didn't do enough to bail them out. Lots of knuckleheads on the defensive side, hopefully Tort cleans that up. jus sayin

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast