Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Changes at IUP

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Changes at IUP

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    So one recruiting class has a value of 3-4 wins?
    I think Coach Lustig hit a homerun with that first recruiting class. For as late to the party as he was.....he really did quite well. I think there are other factors too....but I see a drop off. One guy's opinion is all.

Quote Originally Posted by BoroBacker View Post
    I think Coach Lustig hit a homerun with that first recruiting class. For as late to the party as he was.....he really did quite well. I think there are other factors too....but I see a drop off. One guy's opinion is all.
    I might agree with you if the QB situation doesn't improve. You can't win 7 games in this division with mediocre QB play.

I might agree with you if the QB situation doesn't improve. You can't win 7 games in this division with mediocre QB play.
    Replacing Fletcher will be a pretty big mountain to climb as well.

4. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Grand Valley also takes Lake Erie's place on the schedule next year. That could start the year off in a different mindset than a 69-0 win like this year. The Lustig class will be R-so and true Juniors. Depending on the Offense and the play right away guys they can find this year...next year is a possible 3-4 win season that your talking about. Losing 18 sr's and a lot of youth in the psac west on this years rosters and starting at GVSU. Atleast, Fletcher and Gregory can make up for some inconsistencies at QB again.

The offense has a lot back but not sure if anyone on the roster is ready to replace Staunch at RT....or Clark at WR. The DL needs mostly rebuilt...I think most or all the "Lustig class" D-lineman left...causing a big hole there. CB seemed to get thin this year with a few injuries and graduates Hendrick. LB loses a starter and all the depth. I think those spots needing a handful of guys to play right away is why the juco push is on. This recruiting class will probably be pretty big...and it will probably run up to camp like last year. Should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    Grand Valley also takes Lake Erie's place on the schedule next year. That could start the year off in a different mindset than a 69-0 win like this year. The Lustig class will be R-so and true Juniors. Depending on the Offense and the play right away guys they can find this year...next year is a possible 3-4 win season that your talking about. Losing 18 sr's and a lot of youth in the psac west on this years rosters and starting at GVSU. Atleast, Fletcher and Gregory can make up for some inconsistencies at QB again.

The offense has a lot back but not sure if anyone on the roster is ready to replace Staunch at RT....or Clark at WR. The DL needs mostly rebuilt...I think most or all the "Lustig class" D-lineman left...causing a big hole there. CB seemed to get thin this year with a few injuries and graduates Hendrick. LB loses a starter and all the depth. I think those spots needing a handful of guys to play right away is why the juco push is on. This recruiting class will probably be pretty big...and it will probably run up to camp like last year. Should be interesting.
    I have heard that Fletcher is leaving. Have you heard any truth to that rumor?

Lustig's two big DL recruits both transferred out. Eubank to Nassau and Fisher to Lackawanna. Those hurt but its the risk you take getting the guys who believe they were underrecruited, which is about 70% of DII players.

He has to sit if he goes up.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    He has to sit if he goes up.
    If he graduated, he could do a grad year right away somewhere I think. He was a RS Junior.

9. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Edinboro talk hijacking an IUP thread? Outrageous!

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    If he graduated, he could do a grad year right away somewhere I think. He was a RS Junior.
    That could make things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    That could make things interesting.
    He is graduating.

Hate to see them leave but it is becoming all too common.

13. Default Re: Changes at IUP

I havent heard anything about Fletcher leaving. That would be a huge blow to 2019. But I can understand why he would want to with the success he has had.
    Last edited by EdinboroFB; 12-06-2018 at 08:41 PM.

14. Default Re: Changes at IUP

I havent heard anything about Fletcher leaving. That would be a huge blow to 2019. But I can understand why he would want to with the success he has had.
    Hopefully they don’t watch any of his games against Cal during his career

Why would he do that? He's only 500 yards shy of Edinboro's all-time rushing record.

Why would he do that? He's only 500 yards shy of Edinboro's all-time rushing record.
    His stock is high right now. He could play up a level for a season. Or, transfer to a D2 power program in the GLIAC or somewhere.

D2 basketball saw a lot of guys in similar spots leave last season and move up to D1 for this season.

17. Default Re: Changes at IUP

He is not a D1 caliber player. If he tries to transfer up to the FBS level he will get lost in the sauce. He is okay at the D2 level but I wouldn’t say he is the most physical RB I’ve ever seen

Maybe that is not important to him. I know you bleed plaid blood...and your love for the University is admirable...but to some people it's just a cold, snowy college that offered the best situation. I'm not sure if his stock can get any higher than it is currently.

If he's graduating....and wants to play Professional Football (CFL, NFL, whatever new leagues are starting...there's like 4 of them) I would think a Pro Day now would generate more attention than any other time. Not worth the risk long term if that is his goal. Just a thought!!!

Also.... if he were to transfer....I would love to see him transfer to Cal just to see what Homer would have to say!!! LOL Just playing around Homer!!

19. Default Re: Changes at IUP

Maybe that is not important to him. I know you bleed plaid blood...and your love for the University is admirable...but to some people it's just a cold, snowy college that offered the best situation. I'm not sure if his stock can get any higher than it is currently.

If he's graduating....and wants to play Professional Football (CFL, NFL, whatever new leagues are starting...there's like 4 of them) I would think a Pro Day now would generate more attention than any other time. Not worth the risk long term if that is his goal. Just a thought!!!

Also.... if he were to transfer....I would love to see him transfer to Cal just to see what Homer would have to say!!! LOL Just playing around Homer!!
    Lmaaao Cal already has a better RB in my opinion! He has had a great career but I’m biased about him I’ve only personally seen him play against Cal and he has never been a factor not even once

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    He is not a D1 caliber player. If he tries to transfer up to the FBS level he will get lost in the sauce. He is okay at the D2 level but I wouldn’t say he is the most physical RB I’ve ever seen
    Always follow your dreams. Better to know than to not know and spend your life wondering "What If?".

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast