Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coaches on the Hot Seat

Contribute to D2

Default Coaches on the Hot Seat

So....the season is over for most teams. Do we have any predictions on coaching changes?

Most Likely:
    Maybe:
    Shocking:

Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

Quote Originally Posted by BoroBacker View Post
    So....the season is over for most teams. Do we have any predictions on coaching changes?

Most Likely:
    Maybe:
    Shocking:
    Seton Hill
    Gannon (Lit AF)

Is the seat in Clarion starting to warm up? I know he's loved there but the results aren't following. That home loss to ESU was embarrassing.

I know its not DII, but St Vincent's coach is out. Lake Erie also showed their coach the door.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Seton Hill
    Gannon (Lit AF)

Is the seat in Clarion starting to warm up? I know he's loved there but the results aren't following. That home loss to ESU was embarrassing.
    I don't think Clarion's coach deserves any speculation. The guy has far less to work with than most in his division, is making the least of any PSAC head coach, and is one of the more successful coaches convincing WPIAL big school kids to play DII ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I don't think Clarion's coach deserves any speculation. The guy has far less to work with than most in his division, is making the least of any PSAC head coach, and is one of the more successful coaches convincing WPIAL big school kids to play DII ball.
    His last three years are also:

4-7
    1-10
    4-7

(9-24)

Most Likely:
    Maybe:
    Shocking:
    I have no intel on anything...and no even less about the East. However.....I happened to be thinking the same with the picks i did.

MOST LIKELY: Gannon and Seton Hill

MAYBE: Clarion

SHOCKING: I feel there really isn't one....but if I am going to fill in a response to a question that I myself proposed....I'll go with Mercyhurst.
    Last edited by BoroBacker; 11-13-2018 at 09:11 AM.

7. Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

I have no intel on anything...and no even less about the East. However.....I happened to be thinking the same with the picks i did.

MOST LIKELY: Gannon and Seton Hill

MAYBE: Clarion

SHOCKING: I feel there really isn't one....but if I am going to fill in a response to a question that I myself proposed....I'll go with Mercyhurst.
    I have heard that Seton Hill is keeping Collins. How you can go 1-21 the last 2 seasons and keep your job is a disgrace to the Team and shows the University doesn’t care about the Football Program. SHU should have won 4-5 games this season and last and the only reason they did not is because of Collins. They should be thrown out of the PSAC if Collins isn’t fired. He is the worst Head Coach I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by jcjs2118 View Post
    I have heard that Seton Hill is keeping Collins. How you can go 1-21 the last 2 seasons and keep your job is a disgrace to the Team and shows the University doesn’t care about the Football Program. SHU should have won 4-5 games this season and last and the only reason they did not is because of Collins. They should be thrown out of the PSAC if Collins isn’t fired. He is the worst Head Coach I have ever seen.

That is funny

9. Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

I agree SH was an offensive night mare this year - JUST FYI - SHIP maybe the BEST OFFENSIVE team in 2019 - Mussina -those 2 wide outs (Gontarek/Eubanks) and now a running game with that #6 dude - where was he all season ??

Seton Hill
    Gannon (Lit AF)

It's unfortunate but I think LIT AF is safe. For some reason the AD loves that idiot but she breaks Reilly's balls. If you look at her past coaching records, she doesn't know what it takes to win so he's probably safe. How she ever got an AD job still blows my mind!

putting money towards baseball.

His last three years are also:

4-7
    1-10
    4-7

(9-24)
    and those 9 wins are against Lincoln, Seton hill, Lock Haven, etc.

but still seat is probably luke warm not hot yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GOd2now View Post
    I agree SH was an offensive night mare this year - JUST FYI - SHIP maybe the BEST OFFENSIVE team in 2019 - Mussina -those 2 wide outs (Gontarek/Eubanks) and now a running game with that #6 dude - where was he all season ??
    Sharing time, as he should have been. Very pedestrian. As I've said before, Shippensburg High's senior RB is better right now than any of the three who split time for the college this year.

You can lay Sirb's 140 yards on Saturday squarely on the shoulders of a veteran offensive line.

It makes me wonder about his contract and if they can't afford to pay him off. I doubt he's an at-will employee otherwise he probably would have been gone by now. I'm convinced that SHU views football as an enrollment driver and little else. So no need to make a major transaction to make a coaching change when win/loss the program is bringing 80-90 men to campus each year.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    It's unfortunate but I think LIT AF is safe. For some reason the AD loves that idiot but she breaks Reilly's balls. If you look at her past coaching records, she doesn't know what it takes to win so he's probably safe. How she ever got an AD job still blows my mind!
    Six years as an AD prior to coming to Gannon.

Collins' contract is up. This was his last year.

So ... if he is staying they are actually re-signing him.

Six years as an AD prior to coming to Gannon.[/QUOTE]

6 years of SUCK!!!

17. Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

Collins' contract is up. This was his last year.

So ... if he is staying they are actually re-signing him.
    His contract is up and SHU does not support FB like their other sports. They can resign him on the cheap and he probably will take it, since there isn’t a school that could possibly consider hiring him to lead their program.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post

6 years of SUCK!!!
    "McGuirk has 20 years of extensive experience in sports administration, including nine years as a director of athletics."

"McGuirk was named Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) NCAA Division II Administrator of the Year in 2016."

"McGuirk was in the process of aiding a mini-capital campaign for Athletics at Cedar Crest that included construction of a new turf field and significant upgrades to existing outdoor facilities at the time of her hiring at Gannon. The Falcons increased sport sponsorship and quadrupled athletic recruitment endeavors during McGuirk's tenure."

"She led an effort to gain membership into both the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) and ECAC. In addition, McGuirk spearheaded construction efforts of a $1.2 million complex for softball and tennis, and extensive renovation projects of the aquatic center and gymnasium. As she did at Cedar Crest, she was able to increase sport sponsorship and student-athlete participation while quadrupling student-athlete recruitment."

https://gannonsports.com/staff.aspx?staff=175

19. Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

"McGuirk has 20 years of extensive experience in sports administration, including nine years as a director of athletics."

"McGuirk was named Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) NCAA Division II Administrator of the Year in 2016."

"McGuirk was in the process of aiding a mini-capital campaign for Athletics at Cedar Crest that included construction of a new turf field and significant upgrades to existing outdoor facilities at the time of her hiring at Gannon. The Falcons increased sport sponsorship and quadrupled athletic recruitment endeavors during McGuirk's tenure."

"She led an effort to gain membership into both the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) and ECAC. In addition, McGuirk spearheaded construction efforts of a $1.2 million complex for softball and tennis, and extensive renovation projects of the aquatic center and gymnasium. As she did at Cedar Crest, she was able to increase sport sponsorship and student-athlete participation while quadrupling student-athlete recruitment."

She’s not respected by fans or coaches. Second sport at Gannon to be run into the toilet under her. Just clueless on how to fix it.

I seriously question how much of a resume-builder it was for a future PSAC athletic director to have led a single-gender athletic program in the past. It has some connection, but it's like going from high school to college.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast