Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 94 of 94

Thread: Coaches on the Hot Seat

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    253
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    21883

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    But not as OC; qb coach and passing game coordinator. But I'm sure he got a nice bump in pay.
    He was making 800k at Oklahoma State but got a $150k raise to $950k at OSU while moving back home as he's from Ohio which is great for him and his family. Prior to this week it was rumored he was interviewing for the Tennessee OC job. I'm sure Coach Day has incentives for his assistants if they win a national title as well as for Big 10 championships and NY6 game wins. So it's quite possible he'll be making $1 million per year while at TOSU.

  2. Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Morgantown is a tough place to get kids to attend. It makes some of the other Big 12 college towns in the middle of nowhere seem idyllic. They really have to want the Big 12 brand or proximity to home to want to attend.

    Holgerson spent the first six years of his coaching career at the DII level but never coached against a PSAC team.

    UH is a good school in a good place. Houston is probably the most underestimated city in terms of perceived size. When Sumlin was there I think they realized the city would support a winning program and that led to some great revenue. Its just UH and Rice and we know Rice isn't going to prioritize football over academics anytime soon.
    Houston is ranked as the fastest growing big city in the U.S.A. They are also ranked as one of the best places to raise a family. Cost of living is really cheap as well. Doesn’t hurt that you have Major League Baseball/Basketball/Football.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,486
    Rep Power
    70212

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by every1ftballfan View Post
    Houston is ranked as the fastest growing big city in the U.S.A. They are also ranked as one of the best places to raise a family. Cost of living is really cheap as well. Doesn’t hurt that you have Major League Baseball/Basketball/Football.
    Plus no income tax in Texas.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,911
    Rep Power
    172233

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    Rice is FCS Level Football. They are in Conference USA, with teams like UAB and Florida Atlantic.
    Rice and Conference USA are actually FBS "Group of Five" football.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,911
    Rep Power
    172233

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    If one G5 school should get a promotion to P5, I've thought for awhile it should be Houston. They would be a good addition to the Big 12, IMO.

    Along these same lines, the most interesting proposal I've heard regarding conference realignment is this: Arizona and Arizona State to the Big 12. I forget where I read that (it was at least a year ago) and what the reasoning was behind it. But it's definitely a different scenario. I'll try to see if I can find the link.
    Not unless the Big X(II) convinces UT-Austin to let Houston into the mix while offering WVU to either the ACC or SEC. If you thought Hillbilly High had the travel schedule from hell now, could you imagine if you added trips to Phoenix and Tucson as well as the trips to Texas and Oklahoma?
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    7313

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Plus no income tax in Texas.
    As one who lives here in Ft Worth I can add Mild winters + "cabin fever" in summer bec its so fr'kn hot. A sales tax of 6% and add to that a county sales tax 2.5% to 3.25% (varies by county). There's also a Tarrant Cnty Hospital tax (John Petersmith Hosp) assessed yearly along with city real estate. School tax very high and finally a Tarrant Cnty Comm Coll Tax. Chap Gas ( $1.73 W Euless BLVD). Higer auto reg fee (dble Pa). Excellent road ways that everyone thinks so at about the same time as your using them. And if you're a hunter you'll have to pay a lease for hunting on that land.
    But it is football heaven and a Republican state so it might not be so bad after all. I guess that's why so many jobs are coming in.
    Tax the people not the business. Factories move from the NE to avoid high taxation states, people follow jobs moving from RTW Democratic states.
    Its not all about snow & cold vs tornadoes, hurricanes & heat.
    Its about heat, high taxes and having a job vs cold, high taxes and lucky to have a job or looking for one.
    Last edited by Sec10-A-14; 01-07-2019 at 08:37 AM.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,486
    Rep Power
    70212

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Not unless the Big X(II) convinces UT-Austin to let Houston into the mix while offering WVU to either the ACC or SEC. If you thought Hillbilly High had the travel schedule from hell now, could you imagine if you added trips to Phoenix and Tucson as well as the trips to Texas and Oklahoma?
    By profile, WVU fits better with the Big 12 than the ACC. Texas fits better with the Big Ten than Nebraska but the B1G likes to limit their thinking to the 40th through 45th parallels.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,911
    Rep Power
    172233

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    As one who lives here in Ft Worth I can add Mild winters + "cabin fever" in summer bec its so fr'kn hot. A sales tax of 6% and add to that a county sales tax 2.5% to 3.25% (varies by county). There's also a Tarrant Cnty Hospital tax (John Petersmith Hosp) assessed yearly along with city real estate. School tax very high and finally a Tarrant Cnty Comm Coll Tax. Chap Gas ( $1.73 W Euless BLVD). Higer auto reg fee (dble Pa). Excellent road ways that everyone thinks so at about the same time as your using them. And if you're a hunter you'll have to pay a lease for hunting on that land.
    But it is football heaven and a Republican state so it might not be so bad after all. I guess that's why so many jobs are coming in.
    Tax the people not the business. Factories move from the NE to avoid high taxation states, people follow jobs moving from RTW Democratic states.
    Its not all about snow & cold vs tornadoes, hurricanes & heat.
    Its about heat, high taxes and having a job vs cold, high taxes and lucky to have a job or looking for one.
    Texas sales taxes are capped at 8.25 percent by state law (we have the same 8.25 percent sales tax rate in Denton County); the 6.25 percent is the base, but cities/counties/special use districts (such as transit authorities such as DART and Trinity Metro) can impose up to a combined two percent in local use sales taxes.

    Yes, property taxes tend to be a little higher than in most states, but that probably offsets the lack of a state-wide income tax; I often joke that I got a six percent raise the second I became a Texas resident (no three-plus percent to Pennsylvania and no three percent tax to the city of Pittsburgh).

    And, for that matter, the roadways are much better in Texas than they are in Pennsylvania, with a few exceptions (East Lancaster Ave/SH 180 through Fort Worth is a notable exception).
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

  9. #89

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Kliff Kingsbury was hired by USC 38 days ago.

    He's about to take the Arizona Cardinals job.


    Iron-clad contracts.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,486
    Rep Power
    70212

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Looks like Drew Folmar is staying at Elon.

    Lehigh (FCS – PA): Sources tell FootballScoop former Holy Cross head coach Tom Gilmore will be the new head coach at Lehigh. Gilmore, who served as defensive coordinator at Lehigh before becoming head coach at Holy Cross for 14 seasons, was currently on staff at Wake Forest.

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ft Worth, TX
    Posts
    795
    Rep Power
    7313

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Hey CTrabs,
    I'm near 121 & Airport Freeway, Euless. Maybe see you at a MEAN GREEN Eagles game

  12. #92
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,486
    Rep Power
    70212

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Isaac Collins lands at Bucknell.

    Bucknell (FCS – PA): Per source, former Seton Hill (D-II – PA) head coach Isaac Collins will be the new special teams coordinator / defensive backs coach at Bucknell.

  13. #93
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    21883

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Isaac Collins lands at Bucknell.

    Bucknell (FCS – PA): Per source, former Seton Hill (D-II – PA) head coach Isaac Collins will be the new special teams coordinator / defensive backs coach at Bucknell.
    Interesting landing spot for Collins. Will be interesting to see how much Bucknell can improve under the new staff seeing as though they tend to put less resources into their FB program than all the other PL schools besides Georgetown.

  14. #94
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    2,463
    Rep Power
    31538

    Default Re: Coaches on the Hot Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

    Its about heat, high taxes and having a job vs cold, high taxes and lucky to have a job or looking for one.
    Sorry but end of 2019 stats for both states is 3.9% unemployment. Give me 4 seasons variety versus 8 months of baking heat and 4 of something else.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •