Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,260
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    69256

    Default Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

    After giving it some thought - Curt has to be 60 years old +/- 3 years. He's a great coach but why would a program bring in someone at that age?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    92,955
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    After giving it some thought - Curt has to be 60 years old +/- 3 years. He's a great coach but why would a program bring in someone at that age?

    Mack Brown is pushing 70 and farting dust and North Carolina retreaded him.

    Just sayin...

  3. #63

    Default Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    After giving it some thought - Curt has to be 60 years old +/- 3 years. He's a great coach but why would a program bring in someone at that age?
    Denny Douds coached until he was 77 and he was effective into his late 60's. Jus' sayin'.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,260
    Rep Power
    69256

    Default Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Mack Brown is pushing 70 and farting dust and North Carolina retreaded him.

    Just sayin...
    Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Denny Douds coached until he was 77 and he was effective into his late 60's. Jus' sayin'.
    Different situations, I'd say.

    Mack Brown is a huge national name. He won a BCS national championship and is a College Football HOF member. Dads of recruits have watched Mack Brown teams on TV. They watched him coach Ricky Williams, Vince Young, and Colt McCoy.

    ESU was obviously illogical in having a 77 year old head coach. He wasn't Eddie Robinson.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    92,955
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Different situations, I'd say.

    Mack Brown is a huge national name. He won a BCS national championship and is a College Football HOF member. Dads of recruits have watched Mack Brown teams on TV. They watched him coach Ricky Williams, Vince Young, and Colt McCoy.

    ESU was obviously illogical in having a 77 year old head coach. He wasn't Eddie Robinson.

    But they had that magical year in 2005 that still shines brightly in the Poconos!

  6. #66

    Default Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Denny Douds coached until he was 77 and he was effective into his late 60's. Jus' sayin'.
    So IUP almost hung denny's age on him the last time they played? wow. jus sayin

  7. Default Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
    The Temple job just came open with Geoff Collins going to Georgia Tech. As a Temple fan, Cignetti is actually one of my top choices, possibly my #2 choice. With his head coaching record at Elon and IUP and his experience as an assistant and recruiting coordinator at Alabama and NC State (and assistant prior to that at Pitt and Temple), Cignetti IMO has a very strong resume. (My top choice is former Temple assistant coach/current Baylor associate head coach Fran Brown.)
    Reports today are that Miami (Fla) DC, Manny Diaz, is negotiating a deal to become the Temple head coach ...... if it happens, would be a good hire IMO.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,113
    Rep Power
    20695

    Default Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

    Heard Cignetti was hired by James Madison

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,590
    Rep Power
    55606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Heard Cignetti was hired by James Madison

    You are on the wrong thread, partner.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,113
    Rep Power
    20695

    Default Re: OT: Curt Cignetti on the move?

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    You are on the wrong thread, partner.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah, this is the Curt Cignetti on the move thread that's been around for a while.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •