Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Black Monday

Default Black Monday

Any coaching changes yet? Any jobs open up outside the RMAC that might pull talent out of the conference? Safe to assume Western and Black Hills are sticking with their guys, if they're still on the staff directories at this point?

Default Re: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    Any coaching changes yet? Any jobs open up outside the RMAC that might pull talent out of the conference? Safe to assume Western and Black Hills are sticking with their guys, if they're still on the staff directories at this point?
    WOW!!! First victim, per Football Scoop:
    Dixie State (D-II – UT): Sources tell FootballScoop head coach Shay McClure and his staff have been let go following a 7-4 season including going 5-0 at home and beating the #6 team in the country two weeks ago. In three seasons as head coach McClure won 5, 6 and 7 games.

Dixie State (D-II – UT): Sources tell FootballScoop head coach Shay McClure and his staff have been let go following a 7-4 season including going 5-0 at home and beating the #6 team in the country two weeks ago. In three seasons as head coach McClure won 5, 6 and 7 games.
    WOW! The only way this makes any sense is they really are planning on bolting to FCS and Dixie doesn't feel as if this staff is adequate for that level. If I am Black Hills I clean house and hire every single one of these guys.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Man! What kind of expectations do they have there?

Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    WOW! The only way this makes any sense is they really are planning on bolting to FCS and Dixie doesn't feel as if this staff is adequate for that level. If I am Black Hills I clean house and hire every single one of these guys.
    Had the same exact thought re: FCS. The guy had the program headed in the right direction, without a doubt... On their website they allowed him a parting comment, so it doesn't appear to be based on any misconduct, at least on the surface.

I'm hoping Western parts way with the HC. 24 wins in 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    I'm hoping Western parts way with the HC. 24 wins in 8 years.
    Including several season with Austin Ekeler.

Including several season with Austin Ekeler.
    That 2016 team should've shared in the conference title with the others who tied that year. I guess now that I look at it, they were one game away.

Had the same exact thought re: FCS. The guy had the program headed in the right direction, without a doubt... On their website they allowed him a parting comment, so it doesn't appear to be based on any misconduct, at least on the surface.
    It sounds like it had more to do with things besides on field performance.
    https://dixiestateathletics.com/news...t-renewed.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco View Post
    It sounds like it had more to do with things besides on field performance.
    https://dixiestateathletics.com/news...t-renewed.aspx
    I wish some Dixie fans (insiders) participated on this board. I would love to know in what ways athlete well being was at risk and if there were significant academic issues. A ams, SD Mines, Black Hills, Highland , Fort Lewis and Western would all love to be at his level of on field results.

11. Default Re: Black Monday

Inside info from Dixie.... players are extremely upset with this. They loved the coaching staff and are as shocked as everyone. I would expect a lot of these players to transfer. Complete blindside is what I’ve heard. Believe that the player welfare is a cover up for the department not seeing eye to eye with the coaches. Very disappointing news, huge setback for this team after making big strides.

I wish some Dixie fans (insiders) participated on this board. I would love to know in what ways athlete well being was at risk and if there were significant academic issues. A ams, SD Mines, Black Hills, Highland , Fort Lewis and Western would all love to be at his level of on field results.
    Ask and you shall receive! Welcome to the board blazerfan. Western would gladly take a coach like McClure. No palm trees in Gunni though:(

Quote Originally Posted by Blazerfan1026 View Post
    Inside info from Dixie.... players are extremely upset with this. They loved the coaching staff and are as shocked as everyone. I would expect a lot of these players to transfer. Complete blindside is what I’ve heard. Believe that the player welfare is a cover up for the department not seeing eye to eye with the coaches. Very disappointing news, huge setback for this team after making big strides.
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    Ask and you shall receive! Welcome to the board blazerfan. Western would gladly take a coach like McClure. No palm trees in Gunni though:(
    Damn, I should have asked to win the next billion dollar lottery. Welcome Blazerfan1026.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Thanks for the post. Please keep us informed.

If I was an AD at a school in the west, and I had a football HC opening, I would contact one Rob Smith.

16. Default Re: Black Monday

Thanks everyone... been following along for the last half of season and finally decided it was time to get involved. The players held a team meeting just a bit a go hopefully I can get some more info on what took place.

Thanks everyone... been following along for the last half of season and finally decided it was time to get involved. The players held a team meeting just a bit a go hopefully I can get some more info on what took place.
    Welcome to the forum, sorry not under ideal circumstances! I know everything is Pueblo dominated here but really only due to a lack of members from other schools so tell anyone else interested in Dixie football to sign on up. The only reason I didn't think more seriously about blogging on the RMAC is due to lack of schools represented here. The conference is improving and deserves more attention.

I don't anticipate any additional changes to the BHSU Coaching staff. But then Coach Eastburn is still listed as OC on the staff directory. And he's been gone for 3 weeks. So who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU Jacket Fan View Post
    I don't anticipate any additional changes to the BHSU Coaching staff. But then Coach Eastburn is still listed as OC on the staff directory. And he's been gone for 3 weeks. So who knows...
    7-4? Unacceptable, you're fired! 3-8? This is fine. Everything's fine.

I retired to StG a couple years ago but haven't attended any games. I keep up with the team either on the 'net or in the local newspaper. Facilities have been upgraded, new building started on campus - a beautiful place, btw - and the town and whole area is nice. Lacks a few amenities but pretty certain those will be addressed as the area grows - and it's growin' like crazy!

Secondly, it seems to me the firings were premeditated. The AD must have someone already in mind and ready to take over. If not, how the h*** are they supposed to recruit? There's a former BIG name coach who lives here now and I wonder if he may be the guy. HS ball is very good and one is headed to the finals this weekend...again. Maybe their coach is the guy.

Just throwin' out some thoughts.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast