Thread: Playoff Pick'Em - Week 1

Contribute to D2

Default Playoff Pick'Em - Week 1

I'll have a wrap-up for the regular season Pick'Em later, but it was budman who won going away. Congrats on the win!

Now we head to the playoffs, and we'll pick all the region's games until a regional champion is crowned. This year the NE10 is represented by league champs LIU-Post, who finished the season with a 10-0 record, and New Haven, who finished with an 8-2 record and whose only conference loss was to LIU-Post by one yard.

This week's playoff schedule is (all games will be on Saturday, November 17 at 1:00 PM):
    1. #5 Hillsdale (GMAC, 9-2) at #4 Kutztown (PSAC, 9-1) - The GMAC champs come to PA for their first-ever meeting against Kutztown, whose only loss was to West Chester.
    2. #7 Slippery Rock (PSAC, 9-2) at #2 LIU-Post (NE10, 10-0) - The NE10 champs host the PSAC's runners-up. Post leads the series 2-1 with their most recent meeting in 2010. Prior to that were meetings in 1976 (a Post win) and 1977 (a Slippery Rock win).
    3. #6 New Haven (NE10, 8-2) at #3 West Chester (PSAC, 10-0) - The PSAC champs host the NE10 runners-up. These two have a long history, with West Chester being New Haven's most frequent non-NE10 opponent. The teams have met 15 times with New Haven having a 9-5-1 lead in the series. Their most recent meetings were in 2010 (a New Haven win) and 2013 and 2014 (West Chester wins).

The #1 seed in the region is MEC champ Notre Dame College (11-0).

Picks are due at 1:00 PM on Saturday, November 17. Good luck!
    Last edited by cwfenn; 11-14-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Default Re: Playoff Pick'Em - Week 1

Hillsdale
    Last edited by Champ; 11-14-2018 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Change of heart

Kutz
    Rock
    WCU
    Last edited by Rams Fan; 11-15-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Kutztown: Though I have my doubts. Hillsdale may be a GMAC team, but they're well coached. It'll be a good one.
    LIU Post: I'm convinced Slippy Rock will have a tougher time with Post's D than getting through New York's notoriously bad traffic.
    West Chester: I also remember that 2011 overtime classic on the blue turf, won by New Haven (I also remember that trip for less than thrilling personal reasons and we'll leave it at that). An underrated out-of-conference rivalry renewed.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Hillsdale
    LIU
    West Chester

. #5 Hillsdale (GMAC, 9-2) at #4 Kutztown (PSAC, 9-2)
    2. #7 Slippery Rock (PSAC, 9-2) at #2 LIU-Post
    3. #6 New Haven (NE10, 8-2) at #3 West Chester

Hillsdale
    Rock
    WCU

Hillsdale - Kutztown is a good team and the game will be close, but I think Hillsdale is a hair better.

LIU Post - Pioneers will bring the pain on D and win a close one late.

West Chester - I think New Haven will give West Chester’s D problems with their receiving depth (especially Ju’An Williams), but Ajee Patterson throws ill-advised balls under pressure and I think that will be the difference in the game. I think New Haven’s D, coached by an IUP grad, can keep them in it for three quarters.

(Would love to see Chargers vs. Chargers, though)

Wouldn't that be a hoot! Me too. I don't think the two schools have ever played, at least not in my memory. Did you folks have a terrific running back a few years ago named Roger something. I think he won the "D2 Heisman."

Quote Originally Posted by DaleDude View Post

Wouldn't that be a hoot! Me too. I don't think the two schools have ever played, at least not in my memory. Did you folks have a terrific running back a few years ago named Roger something. I think he won the "D2 Heisman."
    That was Roger Graham, a converted linebacker who could hit the hole and would already be 10-15 yards downfield before anyone could hit him. The amazing thing about those early 90’s teams was that they had two 1000-yard backs.

New Haven didn’t really schedule GLIAC teams all that much - they played Ferris a couple times in the playoffs a while back though.

Blog Entries

Kutztown

Kutztown vs Hillsdale: I have seen Kutztown play opening day the last 3 years. A solid team. Don't know anything about Hinsdale. On paper it seems to be a pretty even matchup.
    Hinsdale, record setting QB and WR combo spells big plays for "The other Chargers". Andre Reed will be rockin.
    Hinsdale in a close one. IUP fans say "See, told ya".

LIU Post vs Slippery Rock: I picture the scores at the bottom of my 15" b/w TV. ABC Game of the Week from Lincoln Nebraska, Keith Jackson calls the "Sof-a-more"
    I.M. Hipp off tackle for 16 yards. The score flashes Slippery Rock 19 - C.W. Post 27. Post has the horseshoe this year.
    Post, IUP fans dance, resembles a jig.

West Chester vs New Haven: "The Chargers" run defense good enough to take away one of the QB's dual threats and makes him throw. Hold on to the damn ball and you win.
    New Haven in an wild upset. IUP fans need sun screen as they leave their mom's basements to gloat.

GO 10's

Hopefully not Klutztown (Typo intended)
    LIU post
    New Haven (Once a homer always a homer lol)

#5 Hillsdale (GMAC, 9-2) at #4 Kutztown (PSAC, 9-2)
    2. #7 Slippery Rock (PSAC, 9-2) at #2 LIU-Post
    3. #6 New Haven (NE10, 8-2) at #3 West Chester