Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 87

Thread: APU at Tarleton

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    24,100
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default APU at Tarleton

    If APU's offense can make as many circus catches as they did against CWU on Saturday, I think they might have a chance. I will be rooting for them. Hopefully they get Carr back on the field a bit more. What's his deal, anyway? He didn't look like he was hurting when he was on the field...

    Game is at 1pm
    Video: https://tarletonsports.com/showcase?Live=1274
    Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=240602

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    90 miles outside Wildcat Country
    Posts
    18,850
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    If APU's offense can make as many circus catches as they did against CWU on Saturday, I think they might have a chance. I will be rooting for them. Hopefully they get Carr back on the field a bit more. What's his deal, anyway? He didn't look like he was hurting when he was on the field...

    Game is at 1pm
    Video: https://tarletonsports.com/showcase?Live=1274
    Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=240602
    Likely easing Carr back I hope, similar to the way Colorado was with their top receiver after his injury. Now I can say this for two teams, go Cougs!

  3. #3

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    The only chance AP has in this game is if Tarleton has 150 yards of penalties. Which isn't our of the realm of possibility has it has happened several times this year. Tarleton is crazy talented this year.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    12,266
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by DIIguru View Post
    The only chance AP has in this game is if Tarleton has 150 yards of penalties. Which isn't our of the realm of possibility has it has happened several times this year. Tarleton is crazy talented this year.
    I would fully expect this from TSU.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    28168

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    From my own selfish perspective, APU, if you guys beat Tarleton, please beat Duluth. (Stephenville, TX being much easier for a Pueblo, CO guy to get to than Duluth, MN.)

  6. Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    From my own selfish perspective, APU, if you guys beat Tarleton, please beat Duluth. (Stephenville, TX being much easier for a Pueblo, CO guy to get to than Duluth, MN.)
    ...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Apple Valley, MN
    Posts
    596
    Rep Power
    57686

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    From my own selfish perspective, APU, if you guys beat Tarleton, please beat Duluth. (Stephenville, TX being much easier for a Pueblo, CO guy to get to than Duluth, MN.)
    Huh?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    28168

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Comment deleted.
    Last edited by MinnequaFats; 11-12-2018 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Error

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    28168

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Huh?
    Yes I know this assumes that Pueblo beats both Mines and Minnesota State, and I know that both of those certainly are not a given. I am really hoping for a rubber match between the Thunderwolves and the Mavericks. Sadly, I don't think there is any way I can make it to Manakato.
    Last edited by MinnequaFats; 11-12-2018 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Adding quote

  10. Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    I am a sore loser. Screw Azusa I hope they get blown out.
    Follow my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CWUCrimsonCommitted

  11. Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    I am a sore loser. Screw Azusa I hope they get blown out.
    That’s a safe assumption of what will happen!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    24,100
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
    That’s a safe assumption of what will happen!
    Let us hope that the Tarleton players all think the same and are looking ahead to the next game.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    3000

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by DIIguru View Post
    The only chance AP has in this game is if Tarleton has 150 yards of penalties. Which isn't our of the realm of possibility has it has happened several times this year. Tarleton is crazy talented this year.
    Maybe you will get Referee (White Hat) Ford's crew from the RMAC! They throw lots of flags! Just ask Commerce when they played CWU in the playoffs last year.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    3000

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    Let us hope that the Tarleton players all think the same and are looking ahead to the next game.
    Yes, I believe that they are looking past AP to Duluth. From what I have read, I know the Tarleton fans are looking past AP.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,452
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    Maybe you will get Referee (White Hat) Ford's crew from the RMAC! They throw lots of flags! Just ask Commerce when they played CWU in the playoffs last year.
    Commerce had ten penalties in that game for 95 yards. CWU had 14 for 133.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pueblo, CO
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    3000

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Commerce had ten penalties in that game for 95 yards. CWU had 14 for 133.
    Talk about zebras that can change the course of a game. They are the ones!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    24,100
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    I am a sore loser. Screw Azusa I hope they get blown out.
    Personally, I'm going to support any GNAC team. Go APU.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,872
    Rep Power
    172231

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    If APU's offense can make as many circus catches as they did against CWU on Saturday, I think they might have a chance. I will be rooting for them. Hopefully they get Carr back on the field a bit more. What's his deal, anyway? He didn't look like he was hurting when he was on the field...

    Game is at 1pm
    Video: https://tarletonsports.com/showcase?Live=1274
    Stats: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=240602
    Just to clarify for those on the West Coast, that's 1:00 p.m. Central time, so that's 11:00 a.m. Pacific time.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

  19. #19

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by Packfootball View Post
    Yes, I believe that they are looking past AP to Duluth. From what I have read, I know the Tarleton fans are looking past AP.
    No, that’s where you are wrong. The Texans do not change their game plan for anyone. They simply line up and try to cram the ball down your throat. They are big might I say massive across the O Line probably average around 6’ 5” and 330 to 350lbs. They have 4 RBs that could start for anyone in the LSC. WRs and Slots are athletic and fast. The QB compliments what they are trying to do. That is why they average more than 5 TDS a game.

    Defense is no slouch either.

    They hired an O Line coach from the FCS and a D Line coach who was HC at WNM over the off season. Controlling the LOS is why they are undefeated.

    They are very predictable. But no one has been able to slow them down except Midwestern. And really Tarleton was slowing themselves down with turnovers and penalties.

    They were too physical for TAMUC Defense. Being a Lion fan that wasn’t easy to watch. Not many would put 47 on that D if anyone else in D2.

    Good Luck to AP and if any Californians are going to the game I would highly recommend Hard 8 BBQ. Some really exceptional Texas Bbq.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,390
    Rep Power
    177111

    Default Re: APU at Tarleton

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    No, that’s where you are wrong. The Texans do not change their game plan for anyone. They simply line up and try to cram the ball down your throat. They are big might I say massive across the O Line probably average around 6’ 5” and 330 to 350lbs. They have 4 RBs that could start for anyone in the LSC. WRs and Slots are athletic and fast. The QB compliments what they are trying to do. That is why they average more than 5 TDS a game.

    Defense is no slouch either.

    They hired an O Line coach from the FCS and a D Line coach who was HC at WNM over the off season. Controlling the LOS is why they are undefeated.

    They are very predictable. But no one has been able to slow them down except Midwestern. And really Tarleton was slowing themselves down with turnovers and penalties.

    They were too physical for TAMUC Defense. Being a Lion fan that wasn’t easy to watch. Not many would put 47 on that D if anyone else in D2.

    Good Luck to AP and if any Californians are going to the game I would highly recommend Hard 8 BBQ. Some really exceptional Texas Bbq.
    No one said they are changing their game plan, simply that no one is respecting AP at all. That's blatantly obvious on the forum.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •