I’ve heard he’s a garbage human being

Default Re: MSSU hires Jeff Simms from Garden City

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post

Then he must be related to you.

Yeah I mean if Coach Brown from Last Chance U doesn't like him then... (insert insult with at least 7 F-Bombs)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulas View Post
    Then he must be related to you.
    Why are u here, your season ended yesterday but your team quit 11weeks ago

Not sure what about those make him a garbage human being?

I guess I don't see how this makes him a garbage human. Do you have other examples? This story makes me like the guy and I know nothing of his actual coaching.

He left fort Scott in ruins because of sanctions, which he caused. Also many HS in Kansas wouldn’t let GCCC in to see kids cause of his used car salesman reputation. Basically everything I’ve been told he is second in sleazy coach in the Jayhawk conf behind the last chance U coach.

I guess you’d have to be more in tune with the KS juco scene to understand his reputation.
    Last edited by HookemHerd; 11-12-2018 at 10:59 AM.

He claims everything was on the up and up on his end at fort Scott. I have teammate that played for him the year they lost to Cam Newton in the championship, he never spoke ill of the guy.

I’m not sure how they keep a guy from seeing an athlete with all the hudl highlights now and public sporting events...

11. Default Re: MSSU hires Jeff Simms from Garden City

As I have stated before, the Kansas high school coaches as a whole hate the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    He claims everything was on the up and up on his end at fort Scott. I have teammate that played for him the year they lost to Cam Newton in the championship, he never spoke ill of the guy.

I’m not sure how they keep a guy from seeing an athlete with all the hudl highlights now and public sporting events...
    On campus visits. I don’t believe they are allowed to talk to athletes at sporting events.

But I think Southern is going to be more of a risk, at best a three win team. They’ll have a roster with some athletes but it will be Jekyll and Hyde performances to the extreme.

No matter what you think of his reputation, Missouri Southern needs help and I'm sure there were not a lot of over qualified candidates knocking on the door. I am very impressed with the hire. I hope he kicks tail down there and brings some good teams to make our conference stronger. Good Hire.

Quote Originally Posted by BartonTiger View Post
    As I have stated before, the Kansas high school coaches as a whole hate the guy.
    Because of the scholarship deal ... because he wanted to be competitive ...

I think HookemHerd either 1) wanted the job and didn't get it or 2) wanted someone else to get the job that would hire him as an assistant ... Just my 2 cents ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I think HookemHerd either 1) wanted the job and didn't get it or 2) wanted someone else to get the job that would hire him as an assistant ... Just my 2 cents ...
    Lol even Hookem couldn’t turn that program around.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Because of the scholarship deal ... because he wanted to be competitive ...
    He campaigned for the rule change. I think that's what rubbed people the wrong way.

https://newmanandduquesne.wordpress....ootball-coach/

Here is my write up on his introduction Sunday.

As far as KS high school coaches not being a fan (I don't know this to be true but, I will take the word of people here) I can understand their animosity toward the guy who helped spearhead an effort resulting in Kansas JUCOs no longer being required to fill their rosters with in-state talent. College football scholarships are hard to come by and if HS coaches can't just funnel their kids into Hutch, FSCC, Butler, Indy, etc. then it makes them, frankly, have to work harder to get their college-caliber kids names and film in front of college coaches.

But, let's be clear: They SHOULD work hard to get kids film in the hands of college coaches. They shouldn't just be allowed send a numerical roster with the seniors' names highlighted and call it good. Part of the job of high school coaches in any sports should be helping their kids who have the talent get to the next level.

I don't have a specific example because I don't follow KS high school ball all that closely; but ask yourself honestly: How many KS standouts ended up at a place like Coffeyville CC when they may have been good enough to go somewhere bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
    As far as KS high school coaches not being a fan (I don't know this to be true but, I will take the word of people here) I can understand their animosity toward the guy who helped spearhead an effort resulting in Kansas JUCOs no longer being required to fill their rosters with in-state talent. College football scholarships are hard to come by and if HS coaches can't just funnel their kids into Hutch, FSCC, Butler, Indy, etc. then it makes them, frankly, have to work harder to get their college-caliber kids names and film in front of college coaches.

But, let's be clear: They SHOULD work hard to get kids film in the hands of college coaches. They shouldn't just be allowed send a numerical roster with the seniors' names highlighted and call it good. Part of the job of high school coaches in any sports should be helping their kids who have the talent get to the next level.

I don't have a specific example because I don't follow KS high school ball all that closely; but ask yourself honestly: How many KS standouts ended up at a place like Coffeyville CC when they may have been good enough to go somewhere bigger?
    I remember Kent Shorten in the early 90's coming to Mssu from Pittsburg HS and being good - have there been any OTHER Kansas HS players make an impact at MSSU?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast