Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 From the PeeSack

Contribute to D2

Default 3 From the PeeSack

Rock gets in as the 7

Default Re: 3 From the PeeSack

Congrats to the Rock, as well as Kutztown and Da Champs West Chester.

Reid Amos said on the selection show that our win vs. IUP was the deciding factor in us getting in over (I believe) Ohio Dominican, Tiffin and Fairmont State.

I'm happy we made it. Now we have a chance to wash that bad taste from Saturday out of our mouths.

Ohio Dominican gets disrespected again. No way that at least 2 GMAC teams should not have made it. ODU had a better SOS. The Rock barely beat an 0-10 Kentucky team and gets rewarded. The chairperson said that the Rock was selected because they beat 8-3 IUP, 7-4 Cal PA and 6-5 Edinboro-all conf games by the way. ODU beat 8-3 Findlay, 7-4 Cal Pa and 6-4 Ashland and 2 of those were out of conf. The Rock had one less in region win than ODU. They were both 3-2 against .500 teams.

Also New Haven gets in playing one less game with less region wins and a worse strength of schedule than ODU. Also they played nobody out of conference. Last year the committee held that against ODU and this year they reward New Haven with a playoff birth. D2 selection is too subjective.

Congrats to the teams representing the PSAC . Make us proud........

Quote Originally Posted by Caspy View Post
    Ohio Dominican gets disrespected again. No way that at least 2 GMAC teams should not have made it. ODU had a better SOS. The Rock barely beat an 0-10 Kentucky team and gets rewarded. The chairperson said that the Rock was selected because they beat 8-3 IUP, 7-4 Cal PA and 6-5 Edinboro-all conf games by the way. ODU beat 8-3 Findlay, 7-4 Cal Pa and 6-4 Ashland and 2 of those were out of conf. The Rock had one less in region win than ODU. They were both 3-2 against .500 teams.

Also New Haven gets in playing one less game with less region wins and a worse strength of schedule than ODU. Also they played nobody out of conference. Last year the committee held that against ODU and this year they reward New Haven with a playoff birth. D2 selection is too subjective.
    I would have picked Ohio Dominican over New Haven. I think the GMAC is a better conference than the NE10.

D2 selection is too subjective.
    Pretty sure if selection is based on a formula, that would be the opposite of subjective. Arguing that the formula itself should be different, perhaps incorporating margin of victory more, is a separate story.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    Pretty sure if selection is based on a formula, that would be the opposite of subjective. Arguing that the formula itself should be different, perhaps incorporating margin of victory more, is a separate story.
    The process is supposed to be based on a so called formula and be objective but the last two years the formula was manipulated to make sure the teams the committee wanted to make it, made it and in my book that is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    Reid Amos said on the selection show that our win vs. IUP was the deciding factor in us getting in over (I believe) Ohio Dominican, Tiffin and Fairmont State.

I'm happy we made it. Now we have a chance to wash that bad taste from Saturday out of our mouths.

Amazing wins over IUP helps other teams but IUP would be penalized for the crappy crossover schedule handed to them had they not choked two games away. That’s why the process is lame.

I didn’t think the Peesack would get 3.

The process is supposed to be based on a so called formula and be objective but the last two years the formula was manipulated to make sure the teams the committee wanted to make it, made it and in my book that is subjective.
    Seems pretty tin-foil-hat-y to me. Maybe ODU shouldn't have lost 2 games and they wouldn't have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Amazing wins over IUP helps other teams but IUP would be penalized for the crappy crossover schedule handed to them had they not choked two games away. That’s why the process is lame.

I didn’t think the Peesack would get 3.
    I assume that's what kept West Chester from being 1 or 2. Gannon and Seton Hill didn't help their SOS.

12. Default Re: 3 From the PeeSack

It will be an interesting weekend with the PSAC teams getting split up and all playing non-psac teams. I think since there are games this weekend anyway just make it 8 from each region and 4 games instead of 3.

I was completely surprised, and frankly, I was thinking only one.

And ODU might have itself a legitimate gripe.

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    I was completely surprised, and frankly, I was thinking only one.

And ODU might have itself a legitimate gripe.

Their resume was pretty good.

I don’t disagree that it would have been hard to keep ODU out if they were undefeated or had one loss. However I also have the right to discuss the facts as I see them and try to understand why the decision was made to put in New Haven and the Rock and keep ODU at home especially after what the committee said the reasons were last year to keep them out. If you think that is tin foil hat-y then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    It will be an interesting weekend with the PSAC teams getting split up and all playing non-psac teams. I think since there are games this weekend anyway just make it 8 from each region and 4 games instead of 3.
    Agreed.

I would have picked Ohio Dominican over New Haven. I think the GMAC is a better conference than the NE10.
    I have to agree with you on that.

All 0-0 now.

This year is no different. Once you lose that second game ... you know you're at risk and likely you no longer control anything. Only safe path is going undefeated or losing once. Lose twice and, well, you may get to have conversations like this one.

Fairmont can make a case, too. They just have no voice on this board.

Basketball is no different in D2. Eight losses is the magic number. Most years at Loss 9 you are done.

19. Default Re: 3 From the PeeSack

The New Haven and Rock AD’s are SR1 Regional Advisory Committee Members.

20. Default Re: 3 From the PeeSack

Also from what I have gathered, anytime they tried to put ODU ahead of the Rock, someone would say "Tiffin beat ODU head to head and they have the same record, that wont work." Theres always going to be drama. ODU is a good team, theres always going to be a good team left out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast