Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic Region

Default Re: Atlantic Region

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    But if you have the "human element" thrown in, you really don't have a fair system. I agree there is no perfect formula but at least if you have a set formula that doesn't differ year to year and that is applied equally to all teams with out regard for intentional or unintentional prejudice or opinion, you at least level the playing field for all AND you give coaches a set standard to shoot at.

The same day you guys figure this out you can also tell me why concrete still cracks and if Oswald actually acted alone.

I can live the 8 selected. Ship had a case but they did lose 2 out of 3 head-to-head against West Chester. That is undeniable and sure is a good tie-breaker.

Eye-test wise, Ship lost to Lock Haven down the stretch and then beat them by a point in the PSAC Tournament. Not a good look.

Metrics-wise, Ship and Fairmont were nearly a dead heat (and, Ship had one less loss).

The FSU seeding is still the mystery. How they are above ND is baffling. ND won the MEC title and also beat FSU 2 of 3 (including a recent blowout). The FSU seeding didn't do WL any favors, either, as a potential rematch with Will Vorhees awaits in Round 2.

I know a couple of you IUP 'out of towners' are coming this weekend. Any of you other jabronies making the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The same day you guys figure this out you can also tell me why concrete still cracks and if Oswald actually acted alone.

I can live the 8 selected. Ship had a case but they did lose 2 out of 3 head-to-head against West Chester. That is undeniable and sure is a good tie-breaker.

Eye-test wise, Ship lost to Lock Haven down the stretch and then beat them by a point in the PSAC Tournament. Not a good look.

Metrics-wise, Ship and Fairmont were nearly a dead heat (and, Ship had one less loss).

The FSU seeding is still the mystery. How they are above ND is baffling. ND won the MEC title and also beat FSU 2 of 3 (including a recent blowout). The FSU seeding didn't do WL any favors, either, as a potential rematch with Will Vorhees awaits in Round 2.
    Shrinkage and yes.

Think you unintentionally confirmed what I'm saying about the current selection process. There are enough criteria that look at the same things in different ways that they allow the selectors to chose almost any combination of approximately 12 teams that they care. It is that ability to be subjective in their selections that is the problem.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 03-14-2019 at 12:36 PM.

I know a couple of you IUP 'out of towners' are coming this weekend. Any of you other jabronies making the trip?
    Who’s buying the first round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post

I'm in!

I’m so stoked to be making the trip back. Missing St. Patrick’s Day in Columbus this weekend.

I got it arranged today. A guy named Boat Capt called in and dropped an AMX Black. All message board members are on that tab all weekend.

I got it arranged today. A guy named Boat Capt called in and dropped an AMX Black. All message board members are on that tab all weekend.
    Figured Boat Capt would have that Magnesis card.

NOTE... You would have no clue what I'm talking about until you watched the Fyre documentary on Netflix. If you haven't, go watch. Incredible. So many stupid people.

At $8 a pop, he better bring Trump's debit card. I'll be thirsty!

Figured Boat Capt would have that Magnesis card.

NOTE... You would have no clue what I'm talking about until you watched the Fyre documentary on Netflix. If you haven't, go watch. Incredible. So many stupid people.
    Black card is so low rent. Coutts Silk for me. I could run a tab for every person at the game...if I wanted to.

Black card is so low rent. Coutts Silk for me. I could run a tab for every person at the game...if I wanted to.
    Well ... get your a$$ up here.

Well ... get your a$$ up here.
    Hahaha!! I have much better things to do than spend the weekend in Indiana PA!!

Hahaha!! I have much better things to do than spend the weekend in Indiana PA!!
    Talks all that trash but won't show up. SHOCKING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Talks all that trash but won't show up. SHOCKING!!!
    Why on earth would I want to go to dark, dank, cold Western PA?? I lived there for a number of years...No thanks, not going back even for a visit! But hey, enjoy yourself there!

Why on earth would I want to go to dark, dank, cold Western PA?? I lived there for a number of years...No thanks, not going back even for a visit! But hey, enjoy yourself there!

You enjoy that IUP broadcast tomorrow. You may not understand this comment now. But, you will tomorrow. LOL.

You enjoy that IUP broadcast tomorrow. You may not understand this comment now. But, you will tomorrow. LOL.
    He'll keep hiding behind that computer screen instead of coming and watching the action live!

He'll keep hiding behind that computer screen instead of coming and watching the action live!
    I'm very thankful for those live feeds but, man, there is nothing like being there live. You get caught up in the emotion there in person. I feel like I miss so much on the computer, too.

I'm very thankful for those live feeds but, man, there is nothing like being there live. You get caught up in the emotion there in person. I feel like I miss so much on the computer, too.
    Especially playoff do or die live action!

Although, I do yell at my tv when I'm watching the live feeds at home!

Ben Howlett quotes on ESU game (Wheeling newspaper):

“It’s kind of funny, it’s kind of like a mirror image of ourselves when watching them on films,” Howlett said of the Warriors.

“They do play extremely up tempo, they press after makes and misses and they’ve got a lot of interchangeable players that can play multiple positions on offense. I think it will be a fun game, especially for the crowd because I think it will be an up and down type of game. I think a lot of points could be scored.”

“Obviously they present a little bit of a challenge because they do have two bigger guys on their roster,” Howlett said. “One in 6-(foot)-10 Ryan Smith who was PSAC East Freshman of the Year and Josh Williams who was a Division I transfer at 6-7. Those two guys really present a challenge for us.”

“I think our guys and myself included would rather play someone we haven’t played against,” Howlett said. “I think that’s what makes the NCAA Tournament fun. Other than playing a team in the first round you have played twice already or maybe even three times in the regular season. You kind of want to matchup with somebody in a different league and kind of see what they’re about.

“Hopefully they’re not used to someone playing as fast as they do. We can kind of shock them a little bit.”

“That was kind of the message this week,” Howlett said. “Just because we have a sour taste in our mouth, a lot of programs don’t have a chance to go out and play another game after a loss in the conference tournament. Fortunately for us, we do. I think it’s something our seniors really want to get. They want to win this regional title and they’ve done that here before in the past.

“I think once you get to this point in the season in the NCAA Tournament, every team you play is good. You’re not going to play any game where you can play an average game and expect to win. In order for us to win or any other team to win, you have to play well.

“I think the week of preparation we had after Notre Dame, has been really good. We went really hard in practice on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday will obviously be a lighter day and (Friday) will be game prep for Saturday. I think this week has been really good for us. I think it kind of gave us a chance to rest a little bit . I think that was one of the most important things was for our guys to rest a little bit because a lot of them played a lot of minutes in the Mountain East Conference Tournament. I think this rest gave us a chance to heal up, so I think this week has been great for us.”

Huuummmm...

Option 1. A weekend riding with my friends at Daytona Bike Week, or

Option 2. Fly to Pittsburg, renting a car, drive to Indiana PA, staying at a road side motel, go to a big cavern of a half full basketball arena on a cold, gray, windy Saturday, drink stale beer and eat over cooked hotdogs at $8 a pop to watch one game I care about...then drag myself back to the motel, eat dinner the local Eat n'Park...Get up the next morning, drag myself through the cold, windy, gray day back to the arena to again pay way too much for beer and a hotdog to watch the one game I care about. Then drive back to Pittsburgh "International" and fly home.

I'm torn on which option I should pursue!!

EDIT: We'll not really torn. You guys have fun in Indiana!! I'm headed out to Daytona in about 30 minutes with a bunch of my club brothers!!