Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Atlantic Region

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Atlantic Region

Not a whole lot of movement this week Region-wise ... but a little.

Contenders' List

PSAC

IUP (7-0, 14-0) -- Two more tough ones (SRU & ESU) and schedule finally lightens up
    Shippensburg (7-1, 13-3) Suddenly-hot Kutztown visits tomorrow
    East Stroudsburg (7-1, 10-4) - IUP visits Wednesday
    West Chester (6-2, 9-5) - Won 4 straight. Upcoming schedule weak until ESU Jan 23
    Slippery Rock (6-1, 9-5) - Winners of 7 straight. Hosts IUP tomorrow.
    Kutztown (4-4, 10-6) - Bears were on life support. Must-win trip to Ship tomorrow.
    Mercyhurst (3-4, 8-4 - Dropped 3 straight tight games
    UPJ (4-3, 9-5) - Buzz may be wearing off on Mountain Cats

MEC

Fairmont State (7-0, 10-3) - Giant game at Concord tomorrow. Notre Dame next Saturday.
    West Liberty (6-1, 10-2) - Tough trip to Charleston tomorrow
    Concord (5-2, 9-3) - Two of next three are tough. Fairmont at home and at West Liberty.
    Notre Dame (5-2, 9-4) Tough stretch coming up: WVW, at Shep, at Fairmont
    Charleston (4-3, 9-4) - Chance tomorrow to show they belong
    Shepherd (4-3, 8-5) - With schedule ahead, room for error is shrinking.

CIAA

Virginia State (3-0, 11-3) - Red-hot team. Five points from being undefeated.
    Lincoln (4-1, 11-5) - Surprise team of season
    Chowan (3-1, 10-2) - Has played awful schedule. Time to shine (or sink) is coming.

* And, of course, Bowie (8-8), Virginia Union (6-5) or Shaw (5-8) will get hot and win the conference tournament -- thus, as usual, tossing all projections in to chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Why wouldn't they?
    The EAST is loaded. Times have changed from a couple years ago. That division dominated the Regional last year. Shepherd will just add to the cannibalism.

All those teams playing each other twice a year ... brutal.

Well said. The top of the East seems to hang on home-and-home advantages these days, and I certainly don't see Shepherd changing that dynamic.

I could see them being dominant in football a whole lot quicker than in basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The EAST is loaded. Times have changed from a couple years ago. That division dominated the Regional last year. Shepherd will just add to the cannibalism.

All those teams playing each other twice a year ... brutal.
    Yes but they will be at the top of that heap.

We'll see soon enough. Even big WL is 1-2 in its last three games against the PSAC East -- including a home loss and a beating.

We'll see soon enough. Even big WL is 1-2 in its last three games against the PSAC East -- including a home loss and a beating.
    You can't say that Indian, you'll be labeled a hater. To quote the the movie Remember the Titans, "honesty isn't real high on his people priority list".

Quote Originally Posted by PSAC76 View Post
    You can't say that Indian, you'll be labeled a hater. To quote the the movie Remember the Titans, "honesty isn't real high on his people priority list".
    Boat's called me that for years. It won't hurt my feelings. If Boat and I weren't arguing it wouldn't be basketball season. Lol.

Hahahaha...Love how people limit what they look at to a very narrow window to try and prove a point!

Number that is truly indicative of WLU's dominance over the PSAC...9-3 over the last five years vs PSAC teams (6-2 v East and 3-1 v West) .750 winning %. If IUP had a .750 winning % last year, they might have been selected to the dance!!

Youre not a hater...you just want sooooooo veeeerrrryyy badly for WLU to be bad that you fail to see their true greatness!!! More a character flaw that hater!!!

Hahahaha...Love how people limit what they look at to a very narrow window to try and prove a point!

Number that is truly indicative of WLU's dominance over the PSAC...9-3 over the last five years vs PSAC teams (6-2 v East and 3-1 v West) .750 winning %. If IUP had a .750 winning % last year, they might have been selected to the dance!!

Youre not a hater...you just want sooooooo veeeerrrryyy badly for WLU to be bad that you fail to see their true greatness!!! More a character flaw that hater!!!
    And they may not be able to avoid the team from Indiana this year. If they can get passports in to PA, of course.

I don't hate them. You're just fun to argue with. Hopefully we get to play this year. Been too long.

I don't hate them. You're just fun to argue with. Hopefully we get to play this year. Been too long.
    Been too long since IUP made the tourney? I agree!!

Been too long since IUP made the tourney? I agree!!
    IUP has the last NCAA win of the two. Not saying much for either.

Yeah, okay. All of us PSAC East teams are quaking in our boots at a team that hasn't had a season with single-digit losses in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    Yeah, okay. All of us PSAC East teams are quaking in our boots at a team that hasn't had a season with single-digit losses in decades.
    Hard for Sheep to keep their L total below 10 when they had to pencil in six losses before the season even began!!

Over the last four years, Shep has gone 2-19 (.095) against WLU, Fairmont and WJU while against PSAC East foes they have gone 4-1 (.800).

They are a very good team but having to play the MEC Murder's Row has been oppressive on them. Now that they don't have to play against those three (well...two now!), their prospects will be MUCH better. It will be interesting indeed to see how a MEC second tier team stacks up against what PSAC posters have said is the "Best Conference In the Region." I put the over/under at 3 in conference losses next year!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 01-11-2019 at 04:52 PM.

IUP has the last NCAA win of the two. Not saying much for either.
    As grandpa used to say...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!!!

As grandpa used to say...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!!!
    Lol

Lol ... this guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Default Re: Atlantic Region

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    From what I’ve seen of Shepherd, which admittedly isn’t much, I think the PSAC is a better stylistic fit for them. I think they’ll be a good add to a crowded East and could be in the mix right at the top.

The whole class of the division comment was just a (successful) attempt to stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    From what I’ve seen of Shepherd, which admittedly isn’t much, I think the PSAC is a better stylistic fit for them. I think they’ll be a good add to a crowded East and could be in the mix right at the top.

The whole class of the division comment was just a (successful) attempt to stir the pot.
    Fairmont is also much more PSAC than MEC. They'd fit right in. We should steal them next.

Fairmont is also much more PSAC than MEC. They'd fit right in. We should steal them next.
    The MEC is like the Big East. Hanging onto the success of one or two programs. Not relevant in the grand scheme of the whole equation. And when the chips ultimately fall, they'll be on the outside looking in.

@Chuck Norris ... How did I do?