Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlantic Region

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Atlantic Region

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    East Stroudsburg was a bigger stage than IUP. IUP was cross-division. You guys are the only ones who think the PSAC begins and ends at your door. :)

(Lombardi? LOL. Even you guys knock him.)

He's been knocked on here for years but nobody is knocking him this year. You may want to take a closer look at his statistics. There's nothing 'LOL' about his numbers and his teams record.

2. Default Re: Atlantic Region

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    He's been knocked on here for years but nobody is knocking him this year. You may want to take a closer look at his statistics. There's nothing 'LOL' about his numbers and his teams record.
    The West POY most likely comes down to Till vs Cobo, but Dante could still have a say. He’s come out of the gate in 2019 with his 2 worst shooting games of the season, offset somewhat by 12 assists on Saturday, but I suspect he’ll shoot his way out of it soon. Of course with the way Malik has started the new year maybe he becomes the third horse in the POY race.

Here is today's D2SIDA Atlantic Region Poll:

1. IUP
    2. West Liberty
    3. Fairmont State
    4. Concord
    5. Shippensburg
    6. Virginia State
    7. East Stroudsburg
    8. Lincoln
    9. UPJ
    (tie) 10. Chowan
    (tie) 10. Mercyhurst

Receiving votes: Notre Dame, Slippery Rock, West Chester

Here is today's D2SIDA Atlantic Region Poll:

1. IUP
    2. West Liberty
    3. Fairmont State
    4. Concord
    5. Shippensburg
    6. Virginia State
    7. East Stroudsburg
    8. Lincoln
    9. UPJ
    (tie) 10. Chowan
    (tie) 10. Mercyhurst

Receiving votes: Notre Dame, Slippery Rock, West Chester
    Ah, look at West Lib sitting at #2. Must be that high quality SOS. Maybe the coach knows more than their fans do

Quote Originally Posted by PSAC76 View Post
    Ah, look at West Lib sitting at #2. Must be that high quality SOS. Maybe the coach knows more than their fans do
    WLU's SOS is not #2...They were #10 last week...#3 in PI and in a three way tie (I think) for #5 in W/L %. Blufield was actually #1 in SOS at .575 but I would bet the voters held them down due to their 5-9 record...Losses do have consequences after all. Maybe the voters know more than people on an internet message board. ORRRRRR...Perhaps SID's don't follow any set of criteria and just vote how ever they feel like voting??
    Last edited by boatcapt; 01-08-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    WLU's SOS is not #2...They were #10 last week...#3 in PI and in a three way tie (I think) for #5 in W/L %. Blufield was actually #1 in SOS at .575 but I would bet the voters held them down due to their 5-9 record...Losses do have consequences after all. Maybe the voters know more than people on an internet message board. ORRRRRR...Perhaps SID's don't follow any set of criteria and just vote how ever they feel like voting??
    One-loss Chowan appears to be getting penalized for playing a weak schedule.

I'd say it's pretty accurate minus Lincoln cracjking the Top 8. They have four losses.

One-loss Chowan appears to be getting penalized for playing a weak schedule.

I'd say it's pretty accurate minus Lincoln cracjking the Top 8. They have four losses.
    Notre Dame is "way low" also.

We're also talking about ratings from back before Christmas!

The latest NABC poll from today has it:

1. IUP
    2. WLU
    3. Ship
    4. Chowan
    5. Concord
    6. Fairmont

Notre Dame is "way low" also.

We're also talking about ratings from back before Christmas!

The latest NABC poll from today has it:

1. IUP
    2. WLU
    3. Ship
    4. Chowan
    5. Concord
    6. Fairmont

The SIDA one just came out. Different polls.

Of course, none of them mean a damn thing other than being conversation pieces.

The SIDA one just came out. Different polls.

Of course, none of them mean a damn thing other than being conversation pieces.
    Think the coaches poll is the one that came out today...At least that's what was posted on the WLU site.

Think the coaches poll is the one that came out today...At least that's what was posted on the WLU site.
    Yep. That SIDA came out yesterday.

The D2SIDA and NABC Coaches poll are two different polls. The Coaches poll that was on the WLU site today was what I was siting.

But youre right, neither poll means much beyond somthing for fans to talk about. Don't think either uses the NCAA criteria for their rankings so to say WLU is benefiting from a stronger SOS or that Chowan is being spanked by a lower SOS is purely an opinion.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 01-08-2019 at 07:33 PM.

The D2SIDA and NABC Coaches poll are two different polls. The Coaches poll that was on the WLU site today was what I was siting.

But youre right, neither poll means much beyond somthing for fans to talk about. Don't think either uses the NCAA criteria for their rankings so to say WLU is benefiting from a stronger SOS or that Chowan is being spanked by a lower SOS is purely an opinion.
    At one loss they are being looked down upon for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    The West POY most likely comes down to Till vs Cobo, but Dante could still have a say. He’s come out of the gate in 2019 with his 2 worst shooting games of the season, offset somewhat by 12 assists on Saturday, but I suspect he’ll shoot his way out of it soon. Of course with the way Malik has started the new year maybe he becomes the third horse in the POY race.

Till was a non-factor at ESU earlier this year. I guess he's entitled to an off day, but I've seen several guys who impressed me more than Till...

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Till was a non-factor at ESU earlier this year. I guess he's entitled to an off day, but I've seen several guys who impressed me more than Till...
    That's it. It's a 'body of work' award. Not a player around is going to have 30 straight 'A' games. SRU was also, understandably, a mess earlier this year. Credit to them for sticking together and getting through it. Grady has done a remarkable job. It's not easy to handle a decade-long head coach being tossed in fall camp. He's making a case to keep the job.

Pick the Top 8 candidates and we could easily already find their 1-2 'off' games.

At one loss they are being looked down upon for something.
    As these are opinion polls, I would chalk it up to reputation.

16. Default Re: Atlantic Region

Shepherd coming on strong of late. Just blew out Concord last night in a big game. Bolte got his 42, but Shepherd took away every other option (only one other bench player reaching double figures with 10), and secured a 16-point victory. Impressive work from the Rams who may, in fact, join their Ram brethren at the top of the PSAC East next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    Shepherd coming on strong of late. Just blew out Concord last night in a big game. Bolte got his 42, but Shepherd took away every other option (only one other bench player reaching double figures with 10), and secured a 16-point victory. Impressive work from the Rams who may, in fact, join their Ram brethren at the top of the PSAC East next year.
    They win at Ship and hammer Concord ... yet got blown out of the building by Lincoln last week. Interesting 3-game stretch. Makes you wonder if Lincoln is becoming a serious threat.

Nonetheless, Shepherd is certainly climbing. I'll update the Region records later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrub View Post
    Yea...Once they are out from under WLU/Fairmont/WJU (except this year), they have a pretty good chance of becoming the class of the PSAC East for years to come.

But one thing that could hold them back is Frostburg. Shepherd generally pulls a lot of their recruits from Maryland. Their only in-MD DII "competition" was Bowie and Bowie kind of restricts it's recruiting to PG and Baltimore City/County. Now with Frostburg in the mix their will be an in-state option for a lot of the players Shepherd has traditionally gotten almost by default. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Yea...Once they are out from under WLU/Fairmont/WJU (except this year), they have a pretty good chance of becoming the class of the PSAC East for years to come.

But one thing that could hold them back is Frostburg. Shepherd generally pulls a lot of their recruits from Maryland. Their only in-MD DII "competition" was Bowie and Bowie kind of restricts it's recruiting to PG and Baltimore City/County. Now with Frostburg in the mix their will be an in-state option for a lot of the players Shepherd has traditionally gotten almost by default. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.
    That's funny.

The class of the same divison with West Chester, Shippensburg, Kutztown and East Stroudsburg.

Good luck.

That's funny.

The class of the same divison with West Chester, Shippensburg, Kutztown and East Stroudsburg.

Good luck.
    Why wouldn't they?