Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 755

Thread: Atlantic Region

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    1,267
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    60999

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    I apologize, but what does your blanket analogy even mean? Are you saying that they are all the same team and nobody is better than the other?

    I’ve not once ever heard that analogy.
    No offense taken. But yeah, I've heard it used quite often. And yes, I'm pretty much saying they're an even quartet. Play a round-robin with those four teams at a neutral site, and nobody gets out unscathed.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    198879

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    The East is going to be awesome to watch. Five good teams that will all play each other twice (and beat each other up).

    They just can't cannibalize each other too much. I don't think we will get four in the dance this year. Likely only three. The MEC will get three and the CIAA should have two.

    It's all about losses. Every team in the league has at least two except IUP (zero). That won't last forever, obviously, but as of right now they are the clear top team in the league -- and have played an incredibly difficult schedule (one of highest opponents winning percentages in the nation).
    It ain't about losses, its about SOS. Or at least that's what I was told!!

    We'll be MUCH stronger come tourney time!!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 12-31-2018 at 07:47 PM.

  3. #203

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    It ain't about losses, its about SOS. Or at least that's what I was told!!

    We'll be MUCH stronger come tourney time!!
    Lol

    Behave tonight you SOS studying dorks !

    Happy NYE

  4. #204

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    BTW, ... WL not covering that spread yesterday cost the whole pick 'em.

  5. Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    BTW, ... WL not covering that spread yesterday cost the whole pick 'em.
    Lol.
    Wlu also set basketball back years with one of their worst halves ever! It’s like they forgot how to play basketball over break! Ugly to watch.
    On the bright side they somehow managed to win despite 16% shooting from three, more turnovers and few assists.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    198879

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbuseer View Post
    Lol.
    Wlu also set basketball back years with one of their worst halves ever! It’s like they forgot how to play basketball over break! Ugly to watch.
    On the bright side they somehow managed to win despite 16% shooting from three, more turnovers and few assists.
    Well...It is a down year for us because of our second year HC! Also WLU runs a gadget offense and can't possibly sustain greatness...They don't have athletes so they will be schooled when they play a team that's made up of athletically gifted players...Don't have a traditional big man...Will faultier because they have to replace "insert graduated All-American's name here"...Were only good because of Crutch and now that he's gone WLU will falter...They can only win at home...They don't play tough games to start the year so that proves they are no good...Only recruit "farm boys" from small school's in Ohio.

    Oh, almost forgot, and we play NO defense!!!

    Think I've hit the big recurring themes fans from other schools always site in an attempt to down play WLU's success and try to pump up their programs.

    Boy...With those problems it's a wonder we can win ANY games!!!!

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,760
    Rep Power
    55738

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Well...It is a down year for us because of our second year HC! Also WLU runs a gadget offense and can't possibly sustain greatness...They don't have athletes so they will be schooled when they play a team that's made up of athletically gifted players...Don't have a traditional big man...Will faultier because they have to replace "insert graduated All-American's name here"...Were only good because of Crutch and now that he's gone WLU will falter...They can only win at home...They don't play tough games to start the year so that proves they are no good...Only recruit "farm boys" from small school's in Ohio.

    Oh, almost forgot, and we play NO defense!!!

    Think I've hit the big recurring themes fans from other schools always site in an attempt to down play WLU's success and try to pump up their programs.

    Boy...With those problems it's a wonder we can win ANY games!!!!
    Spot on. Couldn't have said it better. West Liberty basketball is a train wreck. Atrocious basketball display.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    198879

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Spot on. Couldn't have said it better. West Liberty basketball is a train wreck. Atrocious basketball display.
    Yep...been hearing about how bad they are from forum "experts" for over 10 years now!!

  9. #209

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Could Crutch old team beat his new team in a 7-game series ?

  10. #210
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    198879

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Could Crutch old team beat his new team in a 7-game series ?
    Probably. Could Joe's team beat Crutch's current team?

  11. #211

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    No doubt. Joe would destroy him under the basket.

  12. Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    No doubt. Joe would destroy him under the basket.
    I need to watch nova versus Florida southern. They had two guys score 39 and 36 respectively in crushing #7 team. These guys are 6-6.

    Based on his style, I suspect outcome with iup would probably depend on how well nova shoots the three to counteract iup inside scores.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    198879

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by Columbuseer View Post
    I need to watch nova versus Florida southern. They had two guys score 39 and 36 respectively in crushing #7 team. These guys are 6-6.

    Based on his style, I suspect outcome with iup would probably depend on how well nova shoots the three to counteract iup inside scores.
    Probably right. IUP in the past, and almost everyone else for that matter with any semblance of an "inside" game, has claimed they will "crush" Crutch lead teams. You can probably count the number of times it has actually happened on less than one hand. What typically happens is the big get's his average, WLU limits down the rest of the opponents players and then shoots 45% from 3 which limits the bigs impact on the glass. When Crutch lead teams are shooting the 3 like they typically do, they really don't mind giving up a 2 in return to ANYONE from the other team...They will do it all night long and cruise to a double digit W.

  14. #214

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    If you guys are talking 'specifically' about this year's IUP team, their strength is actually the guards.

    You add to it the All-American, do-everthing, 6'9" Cobo Diaz and the 6'9" Willem, along with the 6'10" Marko off the bench, and they pose a lot of problems to deal with on both ends.

    IUP can slash, pound and launch -- and shut teams down on defense. Holding Fairmont once to their season low is one thing. Two straight years isn't a coincidence (including in their building).

    Hopefully they get to play Crutch. That means both are in at least the E8.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    198879

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    If you guys are talking 'specifically' about this year's IUP team, their strength is actually the guards.

    You add to it the All-American, do-everthing, 6'9" Cobo Diaz and the 6'9" Willem, along with the 6'10" Marko off the bench, and they pose a lot of problems to deal with on both ends.

    IUP can slash, pound and launch -- and shut teams down on defense. Holding Fairmont once to their season low is one thing. Two straight years isn't a coincidence (including in their building).

    Hopefully they get to play Crutch. That means both are in at least the E8.
    Naw...WLU is going to the E8 again because they played two games against strong teams to open the season. That will make them unbeatable come tourney time!!! Hahahahaha!!!

    Interesting "statoid" between IUP and WLU so far this year:

    Number of shots - WLU 802 IUP 644
    Shooting % - WLU 52.9% IUP 48.9%
    3 Pt shots - WLU 309 IUP 253
    3 Pt % - WLU 43% IUP 40.3%
    Inside shots - WLU 493 IUP 391
    Inside shooting % - WLU 59% IUP 54.4%
    Freethrow shots - WLU 247 IUP 241
    Free throw % - WLU 76.1% IUP 68.5%
    Last edited by boatcapt; 01-02-2019 at 08:24 AM.

  16. #216

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Naw...WLU is going to the E8 again because they played two games against strong teams to open the season. That will make them unbeatable come tourney time!!! Hahahahaha!!!

    I don't know ... Kutztown may be under .500 soon the way they are playing lately.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    198879

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I don't know ... Kutztown may be under .500 soon the way they are playing lately.
    Then by the PI metric and the expert assessment on this board, they MUST be a bad team! Meanwhile back in the real world they beat the team that is considered the second best in SR1 at this point in the season AND took the team considered to be the best in the region thus far to OT.

  18. #218

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Then by the PI metric and the expert assessment on this board, they MUST be a bad team! Meanwhile back in the real world they beat the team that is considered the second best in SR1 at this point in the season AND took the team considered to be the best in the region thus far to OT.

    They are an odd bunch at 7-6. KU also lost to WVW, Lincoln, got smoked by UPJ and blown out of the building at Mercyhurst. Most recently, West Chester dropped a beating on them. The Bears also barely escaped a struggling U-Sciences team.

    I agree they are a solid team -- when they want to be. A visit from Dr. Phil could be in order.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,773
    Rep Power
    198879

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    They are an odd bunch at 7-6. KU also lost to WVW, Lincoln, got smoked by UPJ and blown out of the building at Mercyhurst. Most recently, West Chester dropped a beating on them. The Bears also barely escaped a struggling U-Sciences team.

    I agree they are a solid team -- when they want to be. A visit from Dr. Phil could be in order.
    Yep...But according to the PI, a sub 500 team is a sub 500 team. I've always considered that a pretty simplistic view. Just because a team may have a "bad" record doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad team.

    But hey, we LOVE us some PI...when it's ranking our team high!!!

  20. #220

    Default Re: Atlantic Region

    End of the day you are what your record says. That SOS strength did Joe no favors 2 of the past 3 years.

    So long as that human factor still exists .....

    That said those Performance Indicators he outs together are typically very accurate when it comes to which 8 get invited to dance.

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •