Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSAC--EAST vs WEST

Contribute to D2

Default PSAC--EAST vs WEST

This certainly wasn't the year for the usual West bragging. Top 3 vs top 3 wasn't even close. CALU, IUP SRU were 5-4 in their crossovers while WCU, KU, SHIP came close to a sweep at 8-1. As noted on another thread this could be the truly rare year that the PSAC WEST may not be represented in the SR1 PO. Ouch. Pride cometh before the fall.

Default Re: PSAC--EAST vs WEST

Everything is cyclical.

The West had won te last 4 PSAC Championships; before yesterday. The only team to win back to back is from the West.

A true representation on the final crossover would be 1 playing 1 2 playing 2; 3 playing 3 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    Everything is cyclical.

The West had won te last 4 PSAC Championships; before yesterday. The only team to win back to back is from the West.

A true representation on the final crossover would be 1 playing 1 2 playing 2; 3 playing 3 etc.
    As you say these things are cyclical. But as you also say the WEST had won the last 4 PSAC FB and as I think back to July/August, there were not many posts that felt the trend would change in '18.
    You realize that the perfect crossover you describe cannot happen so the comparison stands as the next best possibility. And EAST was much better. This year.

As recently as two years ago, the PSAC West was way, WAY better than the PSAC East. Now the PSAC East was probably a little stronger this year. Good to see the PSAC East collectively show improvement.

Granted, the East won the State Game and had a good final weekend. However, across the PSAC this year most teams were so inconsistent from week to week that it's hard to give the East an advantage. Plus, it's just one year. One day, actually.

WCU was consistent throughout the season. You could say that about Kutztown, too. For the rest of the teams it was almost impossible to predict their performance from week to week.

Ship snapped IUP’s 11 game win streak against the East.

A near .500 team from the East beat the top 2 teams from the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    A near .500 team from the East beat the top 2 teams from the West.
    That's a good point (downgraded to good now that I follow your logic). On the other hand they lost to #3 Cal and they lost to Bloom. Inconsistent. They also almost beat Post
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 11-11-2018 at 12:59 PM.

It was a weird year in the West. Other than Slippery Rock being the best team, the rest of it was hard to predict.

Seton Hill beat Mercyhurst; Mercyhurst beat Edinboro; Edinboro beat Clarion; Clarion beat Gannon; Gannon beat California; California beat IUP; IUP beat Seton Hill.

I've stated my bias toward the West previously, but this year, I give the nod to the East.

Both ESU wins came against the mighty West...Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Both ESU wins came against the mighty West...Just sayin'
    OUCH, that's just mean !!!

You can't draw conclusions from one year, but it was encouraging to see the East not be outclassed against the West this year, especially with Shepherd coming in. Per Massey ratings Shepherd was approximately equal in strength to Bloomsburg this year, in a down year for them. The battle for divisional superiority sure should be fascinating to watch in the coming years.

I'm still trying to figure out how the West was so much better than the East...I heard it all season long, but perhaps it was just talk, especially considering the results Saturday...

I'm still trying to figure out how the West was so much better than the East...I heard it all season long, but perhaps it was just talk, especially considering the results Saturday...

Maybe you should spend more time figuring out why ESU foosball is now the New Cheyney.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Maybe you should spend more time figuring out why ESU foosball is now the New Cheyney.
    Maybe you should stop blaming refs when you lose...

Not to say that ESU football is great, but when was the last time Cheyney had two conference wins? And this was the worst year in the 21st century for ESU football. There doesn't have to be a "New Cheyney" in the conference; ask the GMAC how they feel about Lake Erie. It's better for the conference if there's cycling, both at the top and the bottom.

If any team is the "New Cheyney", it's the team out West that has 1 win the last two seasons combined.

Maybe we should scroll messages across our scoreboard when we lose. Seems like the thing to do..

I've got to say, I didn't hear any ref-blaming Saturday. They readily admitted they got their butts kicked soundly.

20. Default Re: PSAC--EAST vs WEST

Maybe we should scroll messages across our scoreboard when we lose. Seems like the thing to do..
    I knew it was a matter of time....loser!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast