Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

Contribute to D2

Default Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

Hillsdale at 5 in the SR1 rankings
    Tiffin at 8 and ODU at 9.

Big week on tap. Findlay at Tiffin with a lot at stake. I don't think Hillsdale would drop out with a loss but this is a pretty tough region.

AB host KWC. I took KWC on pickem. I was impressed with KWC athleticism on defense and felt they could match up with our skill set. KWC has a pretty good QB too which has hurt us this year. We have had several close games the last several weeks. Which team gets up for this? KWC hasn't won this matchup yet and I feel they come in ready to go. I could see AB winning if we don't try to get too cute out there. Let's see what happens.

Feel free to post any comments or updates here.

2. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

ODU up 41-0 still 8 mins to play in first half

Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

ABU up 23-0 at the half over KWC.

4. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

Findlay’s opening drive was derailed by a holding call. Oilers punt the ball, and the Findlay defense looks completely outmatched, as Tiffin I don’t think faced one third down, 7-0 Dragons. This will be a long one for the Oilers if this defense cannot play with at least a pulse.

5. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

3 and out by the Oilers offense on their second drive, then Tiffin once again just gets whatever they want, it is now 13-0 Dragons (Tiffin actually missed their first extra point). This one could get ugly quick. I really hope that this coaching staff figures something out defensively in the offseason.

Little over 5 to play in the 3rd Q: Alderson Broaddus up 37-0 over KWC.

7. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

Findlay’s first score may have woke up the team, the Oilers put up 14 unanswered, and have taken the lead 14-13 part way through the 2nd.

I’m not sure what the issue is, but it appears that Benson may be injured, as he has not played any snaps since the Oiler’s first possession.

Alderson Broaddus up 44-0 at start of 4th quarter. It looks like the Founder's Cup will stay in Philippi for the 4th consecutive year.

9. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

Oilers force a punt after the Dragons have issues with their snaps, however the Oilers turn it over on the punt. The dragons drive down, but the Oilers defense stands tall to force a FG. The Oilers offense then closes out the half with a nice drive of their own, and have the lead 21-16 at the half.

Final from Philippi, WV in the G-MAC Founders Cup Game: Alderson Broaddus 51 Kentucky Wesleyan 7

I was wrong in the pickem. I am not surprised at all that AB won, just totally surprised by the margin. Both teams came in playing some of the similar opponents about the same. Didn't think KWC played with much steam. Alderson Broaddus, to Coach Dewalt's credit and the players, were very much ready for this one.

ABU loses few seniors. 19 starters return next year. ABU finishes 4-7 but had a far better season than last year. We still need to recruit some players and add depth.

11. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

Tiffin received the ball coming out of half, and the Oilers forced a punt. The offense took the ball down the field, inside the red zone, and the Dragons defense stiffened up, forcing a field goal. Oilers up 24-16 early in the 3rd. The Oilers were lucky to come away with the 3 after Burtke nearly, and should have thrown a pick in the end zone. However the defender dropped it thankfully.

SR1 game: #7 in the rankings Slippery Rock currently losing 33-10 to West Chester.

#6 Kutztown is in OT with Edinboro

Kutztown pulls it out in OT.

14. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

Huge play to end the 3rd, the Dragons are near the redzone, but on the last play of the quarter Tiffin’s QB throws his 7th INT of the year. The Oilers hold the lead 24-16, with the ball to start the 4th.

HC and Indy are tied at 14 at the half.
    Hillsdale ‘94

16. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

Oilers bust a 55/60 yard run for a touchdown, and the Oilers are now ahead 31-16.

The Oilers run game has still been a huge part of the game, even with Benson on the sidelines. If this is the D2 showcase, where is Erin Andrews with the sideline injury update? Get it together NCAA D2!

17. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

Oilers pick Watson off for the 2nd time deep inside the Oilers territory. Blanks rips off another long run of 47 yards, to set the Oilers up in scoring position. The Oilers end up adding another touchdown, 38-16 Oilers. Blanks is closing in on a 200 yard game, and the upset is brewing!

18. Default Re: Week 11 Game Thread and Commentary

After a suspicious start by this defense, they turned it on, holding a talented Dragon’s offense to 16 points. It’s tough to think about what might have been, had the Oilers has Moore all year, rather than just the last four games, but a nice season overall for these young men. Great job Oilers, ending the season with a 38-16 victory over the 24th ranked team in the country.

17-17 Hillsdale and UIndy 2:00 (3)
    Hillsdale ‘94

Great game Oilers!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast