Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NWMSU

Contribute to D2

Default NWMSU

Northwest over Upper Iowa, 76 - 59 in St. Joseph. Northwest goes to 3-0 on the young season.

Default Re: NWMSU

Northwest Missouri over Winona State 84-59. Red shirt Fr. Trevor Hudgins out of Manhatten, KS with 25 pts. and 11 assists. I think we have found Pitts replacement!

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Northwest Missouri over Winona State 84-59. Red shirt Fr. Trevor Hudgins out of Manhatten, KS with 25 pts. and 11 assists. I think we have found Pitts replacement!
    Yes! He's been superb, great handles, gets to the basket whenever he wants, draws a lot of fouls. Through four games, he's averaging 23.5 pts and 6.5 assists... 4 years of that and he'll shatter all of Pitts records! lol. I like that he's a solidly built kid too... I think he'll be a better switch defender at times in that he's not going to be an automatic post up opportunity. Not that Pitts was in any way a liability. Those are really, really BIG shoes to feel and he's been remarkable thus far.

#2 Northwest beats up on former MIAA rival Truman St. 87-60 and moves to 5-0 on season. Hudgins stays hot scoring 28.

Hawkins has stepped up his game too this year. He had great court awareness. Witthus had a career high 26 last night. Looking forward to playing the Prairie Stars @ the old Muni Mon nite.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Hawkins has stepped up his game too this year. He had great court awareness. Witthus had a career high 26 last night. Looking forward to playing the Prairie Stars @ the old Muni Mon nite.
    NW vs UIS means a couple of former Mavs, Cole Harper and Joey Witthus, dancing for old time's sake.

If you go early you'll see one of the NSIC's best shots at a regional berth in USF vs Central Mo and their beloved Coach K.

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    NW vs UIS means a couple of former Mavs, Cole Harper and Joey Witthus, dancing for old time's sake.

If you go early you'll see one of the NSIC's best shots at a regional berth in USF vs Central Mo and their beloved Coach K.
    Is that game at 5:00 pm?

Is that game at 5:00 pm?
    USF website says 4

MWMSU easily beat UIS 85-66. MIAA went 3-1 in the Tourney as Lincoln beat Rolla, Pitt beat Maryville and USF beat UCM.

NWMSU easily beat UIS 85-66. MIAA went 3-1 in the Tourney as Lincoln beat Rolla, Pitt beat Maryville and USF beat UCM.
    Fixed it for you!

Good catch...autocorrect got me

12. Default Re: NWMSU

Autocorrect has obviously never watched Northwest play basketball.

As expected NWMSU destroyed Tabor College(NAIA?) 93-43. Welty had an off night only hitting 7 of 10 threes.
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-23-2018 at 04:05 PM.

NW men improve to 8-0 after beating Midland College. MIAA slate starts at home Thurs vs Lincoln

NW wins 85-78. Not sure about the Silent Night promotion. Telling crowd to make no noise until team scored 10 points seemed to take away home court advantage from the start. Credit Lincoln for hitting tough shots all night.

It was a stupid idea. Did they think the opposing teams bench and fans would be quiet? Too much pressure on NW to get to 10 quick. Women lost a tough one to undefeated LU 69-66 after missing a trey at the buzzer.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    NW wins 85-78. Not sure about the Silent Night promotion. Telling crowd to make no noise until team scored 10 points seemed to take away home court advantage from the start. Credit Lincoln for hitting tough shots all night.

That’s ... different.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    That’s ... different.
    It would have been fine against an NAIA school but to do it for the conference opener was an interesting decision for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    It would have been fine against an NAIA school but to do it for the conference opener was an interesting decision for sure.
    I feel like it's one of those things that the fans really have to buy in to as well. Tough to pull off on a moderately crowded Thursday night game.

I think Lincoln is talented and is better than they were last year. Not surprised that they gave NW a tough game. Looking forward to getting deeper into the conference season to see how things shake out. I think everyone is chasing NW and Mo. Southern at this point but I think there is some quality right behind those two.

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast