Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NWMSU

Contribute to D2

Default Re: NWMSU

Starzyl is hurt but should suit up fo ESU.

Final NWMSU 79 ESU 59. ESU has pulled within 6 with about 9 min left and Hawk was out with 4 fouls. I was getting a little nervous at that point but Joey came through again. Hawk wasn’t at 100% yet after his bout with food poising ...hope he’s fine Sat. Starzyl suited up but didn’t play.
    Joey had 32 pts
    Tough game Sat at home vs WU

Bearcats 35 Ichadogs 29 @ 1/2
    Joey hit a half court shot at the buzzer. NW struggling with treys and rebounds but have several steals. This one could go down to the wire. WU is quick.

These refs are pathetic

Final Bearcats 83 Ichadogs 75
    And this crew is still pathetic!

6. Default Re: NWMSU

Here's a little tip for those who haven't figured this out: the MIAA no longer has more than about 3 decent refs. I'd guess the NSIC feels the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Final Bearcats 83 Ichadogs 75
    And this crew is still pathetic!
    The officiating was as bad in this particular game as I can remember in some time.

6'1 freshman Diego Bernard showing why his nickname in high school was Baby Westbrook.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bearcatsp...17006734356481

9. Default Re: NWMSU

Just got back from Maryville. I agree the officiating was very poor, however I was very impressed with the Bearcats. I never felt like we were in the game. We fought and hung in but NW controlled the game from start to finish. They controlled the tempo and played very well defensively. I thought the Ichabods seemed out a sync all day. I credit NW with that. They did not let Washburn do the things that they like to do. Very impressed with NW. They are going to be really tough to beat.

Pretty disappointed . . . not quite 700 fans inside Lamkin Bearcat Arena for this game of the undefeateds in the MIAA. I get the road conditions, but holy cow, I mean, what else are 7000 NW students snowed in for the weekend going to do with gameday just a leisurely stroll away?

Quote Originally Posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    Pretty disappointed . . . not quite 700 fans inside Lamkin Bearcat Arena for this game of the undefeateds in the MIAA. I get the road conditions, but holy cow, I mean, what else are 7000 NW students snowed in for the weekend going to do with gameday just a leisurely stroll away?
    Break isn’t over. Classes start Monday.

Chiefs game took some away too.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    These refs are pathetic
    If they were as bad or worse than the clowns who did the K-State/Iowa St. game yesterday then they S-U-C-K-E-D. Time for TO to come back to the Big 12 as an official.

Quote Originally Posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    That's what happens when school not in session, rivalry game on snowy day and the Chiefs playing PO game. Nobody's fault, just priorities. I've often felt the MIAA should put more thought into their scheduling for basketball though.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Here's a little tip for those who haven't figured this out: the MIAA no longer has more than about 3 decent refs. I'd guess the NSIC feels the same way.
    Overall I can’t say I’m too bothered by the refs on most nights. There are definitely a few crews who think the fans are there to watch them and they can make a game tough to watch. When a game has no flow it can be brutal. It’s a thankless job and you couldn’t pay me enough to do it.

Joey,Hawk & Trevor all made the Bevo Francis top100 watch list

16. Default Re: NWMSU

Looking at Wayne, Augie, St Cloud and Mankato all going down tonight, it seems once again Northwest has separated themselves from everyone else in the region.

Looking at Wayne, Augie, St Cloud and Mankato all going down tonight, it seems once again Northwest has separated themselves from everyone else in the region.
    Cough, cough...

What if the rest of the Region sucks?

Coming from a fan whose team has lost the last 3 road games. Thanks MisterWizard!

20. Default Re: NWMSU

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Coming from a fan whose team has lost the last 3 road games. Thanks MisterWizard!
    Checking the MIAA overall records, it was already obvious to me that you guys were leaving the MIAA teams behind.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast