Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: NWMSU

Default Re: NWMSU

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Regardless of how well he did/didn't play in the National Championship game, it shouldn't be particularly hard to acknowledge that Hommes deserves to be on that final list of 8 for that award. Even if his coach is on the committee.
    Oh, I totally agree that Hommes is deserving to be a finalist. Just a poke on his coach being one of the 13 committee members who will be in a position to cast his final Bevo Francis vote for his own player.
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 04-07-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    Oh, I totally agree that Hommes is deserving to be a finalist. Just a poke on his coach being one of the 13 committee members who will be in a position to cast his final Bevo Francis vote for his own player.
    Honestly, if I had to choose between the two, I would take Witthus! After watching Hommes play in the championship game, didn't appear he likes to play defense. I think Witthus is more of an all around player who can drive the bucket when needed. I also didn't see Hommes set many ball screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Honestly, if I had to choose between the two, I would take Witthus! After watching Hommes play in the championship game, didn't appear he likes to play defense. I think Witthus is more of an all around player who can drive the bucket when needed. I also didn't see Hommes set many ball screens.
    If you're basing it on a sample size of one game, sure. But I'm willing to bet Hommes has played games where he looks fully like the potential NBA player the scouts have apparently been coming to see and Witthus probably had at least one or two games where he didn't look fully like the MIAA Player of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    If you're basing it on a sample size of one game, sure. But I'm willing to bet Hommes has played games where he looks fully like the potential NBA player the scouts have apparently been coming to see and Witthus probably had at least one or two games where he didn't look fully like the MIAA Player of the Year.
    This is one of the biggest problems with analyzing teams. What you saw was their "reality" in your mind but their team is really an average of an entire season. Same thing goes for a single player.

Quote Originally Posted by NWMOBearcat23 View Post
    Don’t know if anyone has heard, Xavier Rhodes is leaving Northwest
    This is disappointing. As a true freshman he got some minutes which says a lot to me about what kind of talent he has. He showed some flashes of that ability through the year. My guess would be that with the other 2 small guard spots also being filled by freshman, playing time was a factor, especially if he wants to play extended minutes at the point. It would've been interesting to see over the next 3 years if they ever went really small and quick with all 3 of them on the floor. Someone is going to get a nice player.

Sounds like it's a toss up between Zion and Witthus for the 1st pick in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Sounds like it's a toss up between Zion and Witthus for the 1st pick in the draft.
    Witthus helped his team go further in their tournament AND he had a hip pointer... I think the choice is obvious. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred33 View Post
    This is disappointing. As a true freshman he got some minutes which says a lot to me about what kind of talent he has. He showed some flashes of that ability through the year. My guess would be that with the other 2 small guard spots also being filled by freshman, playing time was a factor, especially if he wants to play extended minutes at the point. It would've been interesting to see over the next 3 years if they ever went really small and quick with all 3 of them on the floor. Someone is going to get a nice player.
    I hate to see him go but I don't blame him. He wasn't going to start and was looking at 10-15min of playing time per game. He would have been REALLY good depth at the guard spot though. :(

9. Default Re: NWMSU

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat97 View Post
    I hate to see him go but I don't blame him. He wasn't going to start and was looking at 10-15min of playing time per game. He would have been REALLY good depth at the guard spot though. :(
    Probably means NW now only wins national championship next year by 20 instead of 30 points.

No, I’d have to go with Zion; Joey’s development was delayed his first two years as a college player.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    No, I’d have to go with Zion; Joey’s development was delayed his first two years as a college player.
    This made me laugh out loud.

Great turnout for yesterday’s Championship celebration/photo op/autograph session. The line started forming 2 hrs before it started. All 4 trophies were on display and the local State Rep and State Senator were there with their Resolutions.

D1 Men’s Champions Virginia declined an invitation to visit the White House, NW should take their place.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    D1 Men’s Champions Virginia declined an invitation to visit the White House, NW should take their place.
    Make's me wish all the more the blatant double dribble had been called in the semi.

Would love for NW to get the invite so they could have the opportunity to decline as well.

16. Default Re: NWMSU

I hope it was players and coaches that made the decision not to go to White House and not ordered from higher ups in administration in order to make political statement. Not a big fan of mixing sports and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    I hope it was players and coaches that made the decision not to go to White House and not ordered from higher ups in administration in order to make political statement. Not a big fan of mixing sports and politics.
    Yeah, to me it should just be viewed as an honor. I'd go regardless of who is in office. Too much social media pressure on it being a referendum on either for or against whomever is president.

(Insert "sad" gif)

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Yeah, to me it should just be viewed as an honor. I'd go regardless of who is in office. Too much social media pressure on it being a referendum on either for or against whomever is president.

(Insert "sad" gif)
    These life experience lacking “woke” college athletes are fools. Even worse if some single minded academics who live off student debt and have never lived a day in the private sector are pulling the strings. How is the world going to change exactly by them passing up a memory of a lifetime?

The US Senate passed a Resolution recognizing the Bearcats on their 38-0 season. It passed 100-0...I’m surprised the CA senators voted for it ;-)

Looks like tentative date for NWMSU @ Duke is 10/26/19.