Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NWMSU

Default Re: NWMSU

We are all chasing NW. Is it 5 straight league titles and top 5 in the country? It's NW then everyone else.
    Last edited by mosofan1; 12-08-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mosofan1 View Post
    We are all chasing ME. Is it 5 straight league titles and top 5 in the country? It's NW then everyone else.
    On paper, perhaps. I actually think MOSO is the one everyone is chasing this current year.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    NW wins 85-78. Not sure about the Silent Night promotion. Telling crowd to make no noise until team scored 10 points seemed to take away home court advantage from the start. Credit Lincoln for hitting tough shots all night.
    So it didnt go this well in Maryville?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...903480832?s=19

Default NWMSU

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post

Maybe it’s just my advancing years, but I don’t get it. Get off my lawn, your music is too loud, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post

The home crowd and NW bench kept quiet but the Lincoln bench made as much noise as they could. I just felt it put pressure on the NW players to get to 10 pts asap. We sit next to the NW parents and they weren’t too excited about the promotion

NW over LWood 87-53. Hawkins had another double-double and leads the MIAA in rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    NW over LWood 87-53. Hawkins had another double-double and leads the MIAA in rebounds.
    Hawkins playing lights out. Lincoln game a wake up call? Maybe things a little too easy lately for NW.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Hawkins playing lights out. Lincoln game a wake up call? Maybe things a little too easy lately for NW.
    The kid does not ever stop moving and never gets tired! He is fun to watch. Has a quick release too.

Hawk also has great court awareness.

After watching the game with Lindenwood, I am wondering how they managed to stay so close, in a sense to Bellarmine?

I am shocked how up and down Lindenwood has been this season. They have played so very good teams close. NW must have played very well but I expected Lindenwood to contend this year with all that they have back and the pieces that they have added. I think they return the most experience of anyone else in the MIAA this season. Bottom line--NWMS is playing very well and are really tough at home.

Northwest rolls in next to last game in 2018, 85-46 over Texas A&M International. 5 players in double figures. Curious to know where Starzl was this evening. Did not see him on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Northwest rolls in next to last game in 2018, 85-46 over Texas A&M International. 5 players in double figures. Curious to know where Starzl was this evening. Did not see him on the bench.
    He was on the bench, just not dressed out.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    He was on the bench, just not dressed out.
    Thanks, obviously missed it.

Dray suffered an injury in practice. Hawk had another double/double(14 pts/10 rebounds) in 31 minutes. NW hit 16 3’s.
    The Dustdevils are coached by former NW player/asst coach Joel Taylor. Tapp was at the game with his family. It was great to see him again.

16. Default Re: NWMSU

The win against TAMI lowers Northwest's Performance Indicator and will drag the Bearcats down a little throughout the year as I doubt TAMI will finish with a .250 or better win percentage. Southern has at least one of these as well against Minot State but it was a PI point better since it was a neutral site win for the Lions.

The PI is fun to watch. For example, if UMSL (St Louis) had one more win and had Minnesota State beat Upper Iowa last week, Missouri Southern would now be sitting at #1 in the region based on Performance Indicator.

But hey, if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

As expected NW easily handles Simpson College 108-58. Hawkins(29) & Bernard(17) both had career highs. Now on to OK for 2 games.

Haven't watched every game but what I have seen NW continues to play a beautiful style of basketball. Tough and smart on the defensive end coupled with spectacular spacing and movement on the offensive end. There will be a night where a hot shooting team gets them but there won't be many Ls taken this season.

I agree I think you guys are going to have a very good season but I think you guys will feel the departure of all of those good seniors as we get into the grind of conference season. I think just going on the road will be tougher because of not being so senior-laden and experienced as last year's squad.

Any win on the road is a good win. On to UCO.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast