Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: NWMSU

Contribute to D2

Default Re: NWMSU

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    More officiating controversy...you make the call.

https://t.co/1cJMxRjlp6
    Was definitely out of his hand. Shot clock went to zero with the ball on the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Was definitely out of his hand. Shot clock went to zero with the ball on the way up.
    Not trying to fan the flames of another controversy :)

DEFINITELY out of his hand in time. But he appeared to move his pivot foot as he rolled on the floor. Probably should have still been a turnover but absolutely NOT a shot clock violation. You guys have said much about the MIAA officials, and after this week, I get it. Haha

He's an ESPN highlight reel. And we have him for another 3 years.
    I was really surprised when he signed with NW prior to his senior year. I really thought he was a D1 kid. Still do. The only thing he lacked was height and it must have kept D1s away.

Dowis is a very good athlete and has bright future with NW football. The Hounds have pretty good basketball team this year. The usual road blocks from KC area aren't as good this year. The Hounds have a better than decent chance getting to Columbia I think.
    I've watched several of Maryville's HL from this season and the one thing that stands out besides the dunks is how gawd awful of defense the teams they are facing play. Lots of unmotivated standing around.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    I've watched several of Maryville's HL from this season and the one thing that stands out besides the dunks is how gawd awful of defense the teams they are facing play. Lots of unmotivated standing around.
    I wouldn’t exactly call Maryville’s defense stifling. 90% of high school kids could care less about playing defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    I wouldn’t exactly call Maryville’s defense stifling. 90% of high school kids could care less about playing defense.
    +1 I find it hard to watch sometimes. The Bearcats show more fire in their pregame warmups than the high school team plays with. Too cool to play hard is what I've heard said a few times. I also find it annoying how the kids today have to go talk to the official every time they get called for something. That or they stand there and look incredulous that they got called for something at all. When did all of this change? When I was a kid, if I had looked at an ref funny, if my coach wasn't on my a**, my dad would have been. It's out control... maybe, I'm just old. I don't mean to take away from their talent and athleticism... this team can do some things when they want to and have the potential to go farther than they have in a long time.

Justin Pitts was amazing player for us in his four years, no question. Even more than that, was a great representative for the university with the way he handled himself. He seemed like he'd be nearly impossible to replace, but Hudgens has stepped in and exceeded all expectations. I was just playing around and looking at some numbers and found this interesting. Compare the stat line from Pitts' National Player of the year season to what Hudgens has done this year thus far. He's right there with Justin's POY season. Because of the year Joey is having, he's not even the guy on this team that people are talking about for conference player of the year... we're in good hands at the point guard position for a while.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2blew91cyw...ge001.png?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred33 View Post
    Justin Pitts was amazing player for us in his four years, no question. Even more than that, was a great representative for the university with the way he handled himself. He seemed like he'd be nearly impossible to replace, but Hudgens has stepped in and exceeded all expectations. I was just playing around and looking at some numbers and found this interesting. Compare the stat line from Pitts' National Player of the year season to what Hudgens has done this year thus far. He's right there with Justin's POY season. Because of the year Joey is having, he's not even the guy on this team that people are talking about for conference player of the year... we're in good hands at the point guard position for a while.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2blew91cyw...ge001.png?dl=0
    He also plays with the same demeanor. Going to be fun to watch for the next 3 years.

NW down 26-28 against Ucm at half. Only the second halftime deficit of the year for NW.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    NW down 26-28 against Ucm at half. Only the second halftime deficit of the year for NW.
    I suppose they might only win by 17 tonight then.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    The way they've played on offense so far, just getting the win would be nice. Team has been in offensive funk last 3-4 games. Is it just a funk or is only playing 6 guys finally having an impact? Time will tell I guess.

NW will be lucky to win. Refs are their usual inept selves and NW is cold from 3pt range again tonite.

We got a heat check on MrMr!

14. Default Re: NWMSU

We have a winner...17 indeed. 67-50.

67-50 NW. Got any info on some lotto numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    We got a heat check on MrMr!
    I should get some credit for the early tailing! Haha

Nailed it! NW was down 7 late in 1st half but came out on fire to start the 2nd. UCM players/head coach whined at the Refs the entire game. Late in the game I heard a NW fan yell at one of the UCM players as he whined to the Refs: “he’s a referee not a counselor” ;-)

Game was physical throughout, I’m sure part of Central’s plan. The Flagrant 1 on #5 for Central late in the game may have partly been a result of frustration, but it was unnecessary. Credit to the Central’s coaches for taking him out and pointing out that it wasn’t the proper way to handle his frustration.

No credit to #5 for how he handled the handshake line—instead of shaking Hawk’s hand he choose to give him a nice hard elbow to the ribs.

Next week in the Burg could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    Game was physical throughout, I’m sure part of Central’s plan. The Flagrant 1 on #5 for Central late in the game may have partly been a result of frustration, but it was unnecessary. Credit to the Central’s coaches for taking him out and pointing out that it wasn’t the proper way to handle his frustration.

No credit to #5 for how he handled the handshake line—instead of shaking Hawk’s hand he choose to give him a nice hard elbow to the ribs.

Next week in the Burg could be interesting.
    What a stark contrast in the way the UCM team/coach behaved and the way the NWMSU team/coach behaved. Hats off to Ben and the boys!

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Nailed it! NW was down 7 late in 1st half but came out on fire to start the 2nd. UCM players/head coach whined at the Refs the entire game. Late in the game I heard a NW fan yell at one of the UCM players as he whined to the Refs: “he’s a referee not a counselor” ;-)
    This post seems ironic from the guy whining about the refs at halftime in post #252 of this thread.