Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NWMSU

Contribute to D2

Default Re: NWMSU

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Do yourself a favor and stop at Central Dairy for a sundae or banana split before the game - close to campus - WELL worth it ...
    Been there many times, Frosty. Only live an hour away from Jeff City. You are right, best ice cream in the state.

Great game as Lincoln held the lead for about 13 min of the first half. NW turned up the D and pulled away to an 8 point lead at the half. Came out with a big run to start the 2nd half and it was game over in a few minutes. Yes, the Barnard dunk brought the NW fans to their feet on a steal and slam. Fun group to watch.

check out this insane statistic: NW had ONE turnover...a shot clock violation with 1:50 left in the game with the backups burning some clock. Amazing.

This was the poor shooting game we’be been fearing. 40% from the field and 18% from 3 equals an 18 point road victory against the second place team in the conference. These guys are pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    He's an ESPN highlight reel. And we have him for another 3 years.
    We’ve been spoiled with sweet dunks here in Maryville this season. The high school team has a 6’2” guard that could give Diego a run for his money in a dunk contest. He gets, it seems, at least 1 a game. Has had a few games with 4 or 5, they run plays to get him alley oops... he’s an impressive athlete who coincidentally signed his LOI this week to play WR for the Bearcat football team.

6. Default Re: NWMSU

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred33 View Post
    This was the poor shooting game we’be been fearing. 40% from the field and 18% from 3 equals an 18 point road victory against the second place team in the conference. These guys are pretty decent.
    Lincoln is in fourth place (now).

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Lincoln is in fourth place (now).
    I’m aware.

https://twitter.com/npnowzetmeir/sta...194912256?s=21

Just in case you didn't watch the video. Basket interference or not? Bearcats up big at end of game...make the call.
    Do I have to? I havent watched yet so if I do, I'm going to watch once and make an instinct call. Just dont yell at me, you guys are all so angry over here even with an undefeated squad. Ha

Eli recently had 6 dunks in 1 Qtr(7 for the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Been there many times, Frosty. Only live an hour away from Jeff City. You are right, best ice cream in the state.
    Have you been to Dari-B in Excelsior Springs?

https://twitter.com/npnowzetmeir/sta...194912256?s=21

Just in case you didn't watch the video. Basket interference or not? Bearcats up big at end of game...make the call.
    Unless you used the wrong link all I see is a rebound and a dunk. But I'm not sure what anything is to fuss over with anything going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred33 View Post
    We’ve been spoiled with sweet dunks here in Maryville this season. The high school team has a 6’2” guard that could give Diego a run for his money in a dunk contest. He gets, it seems, at least 1 a game. Has had a few games with 4 or 5, they run plays to get him alley oops... he’s an impressive athlete who coincidentally signed his LOI this week to play WR for the Bearcat football team.
    Dowis is a very good athlete and has bright future with NW football. The Hounds have pretty good basketball team this year. The usual road blocks from KC area aren't as good this year. The Hounds have a better than decent chance getting to Columbia I think.

Dowis is a very good athlete and has bright future with NW football. The Hounds have pretty good basketball team this year. The usual road blocks from KC area aren't as good this year. The Hounds have a better than decent chance getting to Columbia I think.
    Agreed. Hogan Prep has been the thorn and they’re down. St. Pius gave us a pretty good game up here and they’re hosting districts, so that could be the matchup to watch. Im not 100% certain, but I think they moved the final 4’s back to Springfield last year.

As far as athletism goes, he is freakish! If he’s willing to put in the work, the ceiling is as high as he can jump, which for those who haven’t seen him play, is very high!

I like to look at Massey ratings just to see how that ranking system stacks up all the teams in the region. No surprise, but NWMSU is #1. What I did find amazing is that the difference between #1 and #2 is the same as the difference between #2 and #128!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Have you been to Dari-B in Excelsior Springs?
    No, don't think I have. Where in town is it located?

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    check out this insane statistic: NW had ONE turnover...a shot clock violation with 1:50 left in the game with the backups burning some clock. Amazing.
    I just watched a video clip of that possession. Tyler Dougherty ends up with the ball as he is sitting on the floor in the lane. He throws up a desperation shot and it somehow hits the rim—and almost goes in. Pausing the video the ball is 3 feet out of his hand and there is still one second on the shot clock. Not that it’s a huge deal; but in reality it shouldn’t have been called a violation and NW would have finished with 0 turnovers. I don’t know how to post videos, so for now you will have to take my word.

Catfan88 has the clip too now. I know he is tech savvy—maybe he can post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    No, don't think I have. Where in town is it located?
    Very east side. It's awesome. I'd be interested to see how you think it compares.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    I just watched a video clip of that possession. Tyler Dougherty ends up with the ball as he is sitting on the floor in the lane. He throws up a desperation shot and it somehow hits the rim—and almost goes in. Pausing the video the ball is 3 feet out of his hand and there is still one second on the shot clock. Not that it’s a huge deal; but in reality it shouldn’t have been called a violation and NW would have finished with 0 turnovers. I don’t know how to post videos, so for now you will have to take my word.

More officiating controversy...you make the call.

https://t.co/1cJMxRjlp6

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Very east side. It's awesome. I'd be interested to see how you think it compares.

Yes, I have by the way, but that was back in the 80's when we lived in Richmond. Really don't remember that far back! :)

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post

I was at the game and saw it with my own eyes, but at that point, really didn't think to much about it, other than the fact the ball seemed to stay on the rim for awhile. Crowd around us (NW crowd) were abuzz!