Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A New PSAC Record????

Contribute to D2

Default A New PSAC Record????

but not the kind you'd want....
    through 10 games at Millersville.....61 sacks -384 yds...!!!!
    That's 163 yds more in sack lost yardage than the top rusher @ 221 yds.
    I'm a bit perplexed, considering you have a HC and an OC that are strong offensive/QB guys.
    total rushing 552 yds, total passing 2200. OUCH
    I sure hope this ship can be righted for the '19 campaign, or it's going to be a hard pill to swallow.

Default Re: A New PSAC Record????

Coach Morgan will build their offensive line up and snag a few recruits via HS and JUCO to cut that sack number down drastically next year. Remember he got the job in the spring I believe early April so he had 0 input in their recruiting class which was already signed and he also got a late start on installing the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    Coach Morgan will build their offensive line up and snag a few recruits via HS and JUCO to cut that sack number down drastically next year. Remember he got the job in the spring I believe early April so he had 0 input in their recruiting class which was already signed and he also got a late start on installing the offense.
    while I admire your undying devotion to JC et al, there are 2 (maybe) problems. I have watched 7 of the games this year. The O line is weak, at best. But doesn't an experienced OC (Morgan) and even worse, an experienced QB in Tomasetti, tell his QB's to dump the damn ball instead holding it for a sack. 2 and 10 is better than 2 and 17..!!!!!! That's my point. The coaching is lacking as well.
    I do agree though, that his own recruiting class should help.
    I think we can also both agree that if JC was hired when he should have been, it may be (somewhat) different. Again, a big shout out to the dopey AD, Miles Gallagher for manufacturing this whole mess in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by QBWR View Post
    while I admire your undying devotion to JC et al, there are 2 (maybe) problems. I have watched 7 of the games this year. The O line is weak, at best. But doesn't an experienced OC (Morgan) and even worse, an experienced QB in Tomasetti, tell his QB's to dump the damn ball instead holding it for a sack. 2 and 10 is better than 2 and 17..!!!!!! That's my point. The coaching is lacking as well.
    I think we can also both agree that if JC was hired when he should have been, it may be (somewhat) different. Again, a big shout out to the dopey AD, Miles Gallagher for manufacturing this whole mess in the first place.
    Your ageist attitude toward the Millersville AD is embarrassing. Don't you have a front lawn to protect?

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Your ageist attitude toward the Millersville AD is embarrassing. Don't you have a front lawn to protect?
    What was ageist about his comment?

Are coaches hired exclusively by the AD or is there usually a committee of people involved?

Hey thanks Fighting Scot. Let's clear one issue up. The definition of ageist is discrimination based on age, usually aimed at the older people. Perhaps you meant to use another term, as this one does not apply in anyway to my post.
    And, is it you who's embarrassed? I certainly am not. Now, as for my post, do you have anything worthwhile to contribute, other than using some term you found in today's cross word puzzle?
    Okay, that's it....go back to your poker game.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    What was ageist about his comment?

Are coaches hired exclusively by the AD or is there usually a committee of people involved?
    His criticism of the Millersville AD is rooted in the AD's age.

How so?

How so?
    Going back to when Breitbach was reassigned he made comments about the AD being incompetent because of his age.

Actually I focused on his inexperience and the horrendous way he handled the whole process. As I predicted, everyone involved suffered.
    Shoot me your address, I'm going to mail you a Dictionary/Thesaurus.
    AGEIST...lol i'm still laughing...

How so?
    He is unable to answer your question....look back at my original post. You'll see.

A new PSAC record is redundant. You wouldn't be writing about an old PSAC record.

Actually I focused on his inexperience and the horrendous way he handled the whole process. As I predicted, everyone involved suffered.
    Shoot me your address, I'm going to mail you a Dictionary/Thesaurus.
    AGEIST...lol i'm still laughing...
    Anytime you have a 30 year old AD he's going to have less experience than a 60 year old AD. He was interim before they gave him the job so obviously you don't share the opinion of the leadership at Millersville. Plus as I explained in the old thread, the whole process is dictated by the union. It creates a lot of extra red tape we don't see at the D1 level when most coaches are on individual contracts. Besides, everything is public record so nothing is preventing anyone from learning the truth about why the coaching change took place.

Ageism isn't exclusive to prejudice toward the elderly. Look it up in your dictionary. No need for the thesaurus.

14. Default Re: A New PSAC Record????

we talking about sacks allowed, yards allowed on sacks, disparity of sacks yards vis a vis rush yards, or age of AD?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinTheSnackBar View Post
    we talking about sacks allowed, yards allowed on sacks, disparity of sacks yards vis a vis rush yards, or age of AD?
    Can't we just talk about IUP like we do in every thread that starts here? jus sayin

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    JC Morgan got the job a couple of weeks AFTER their Spring Game. So he did not established his coaching staff and install the offense until Fall Camp! That puts the team's offense VERY far behind. You can put much blame on Morgan, he was dealt a pretty bad hand. Sean McVay, Lincoln Riley or any good offensive-mind coach could not flourish in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Can't we just talk about IUP like we do in every thread that starts here? jus sayin
    Ha Ha

18. Default Re: A New PSAC Record????

You can be happy about the number 1 defense in passing yds allowed. LOL. Unfortunately, that can also just mean your a horrible team and no one has to pass ...and the other team is just running the clock out. Still number 1 in something technically good.

Seriously, this is why more people don't post on this board. A guy cant have a legitimate *****. It seems fair to say the HC situation was a cluster **** last spring.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    It was just a matter of time.

And I admire your undying criticism for JC et al. I would imagine, if you talk to any of his players, they are completely sold on him as a coach, and believe and buy-into what he is doing.

I agree, that doesn't, alone, make you an effective coach. But it's a huge first step. He will definitely have to show improvement next year--and knowing JC, he holds himself accountable for that more than anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast