Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 112

Thread: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

  1. #1

    Default West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Warning: the following statement is purely opinion-based. In terms of making the playoffs, Saturday's game is the biggest regular-season home game for Slippery Rock since Nov. 9, 2002. The only other one that comes close to meaning as much as this weekend's game does and as much as that one did in 2002 was the championship against Bloomsburg in 2014. And I wasn't on the field that day in 2014, so my vote goes to 2002.

    I expect a close game Saturday. I haven't seen West Chester much this year, but undefeated is undefeated. So they'll be tough, no doubt. My question is, have they seen an offense like they one they'll see Saturday? I'm not sure they have. If the offense is clicking and the defense keeps playing as well as it has lately, I just don't think West Chester will score enough to beat us. I also think that, while it doesn't really matter at most D2 schools, we have an advantage playing this game at home. If the fans turn out like normal (I live less than an hour from West Chester, so I'll be traveling over 5 hours to be there) that will give our guys a boost. It won't be a cakewalk, but I like our chances: Slippery Rock 44-31

    Go Rock!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, West Virginia
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    4750

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    I still like the Rock.

    RELENTLESS

    Did the Rock have the "Relentless" saying when you played. I think it was something Lutz brought in when he was D-Coordinator.

  3. #3

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I still like the Rock.

    RELENTLESS

    Did the Rock have the "Relentless" saying when you played. I think it was something Lutz brought in when he was D-Coordinator.
    Back then, he was our d-line coach. Those guys had a lot of slogans on a lot of t-shirts over there. I can't remember if that was one of them haha.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    17724

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    Warning: the following statement is purely opinion-based. In terms of making the playoffs, Saturday's game is the biggest regular-season home game for Slippery Rock since Nov. 9, 2002. The only other one that comes close to meaning as much as this weekend's game does and as much as that one did in 2002 was the championship against Bloomsburg in 2014. And I wasn't on the field that day in 2014, so my vote goes to 2002.

    I expect a close game Saturday. I haven't seen West Chester much this year, but undefeated is undefeated. So they'll be tough, no doubt. My question is, have they seen an offense like they one they'll see Saturday? I'm not sure they have. If the offense is clicking and the defense keeps playing as well as it has lately, I just don't think West Chester will score enough to beat us. I also think that, while it doesn't really matter at most D2 schools, we have an advantage playing this game at home. If the fans turn out like normal (I live less than an hour from West Chester, so I'll be traveling over 5 hours to be there) that will give our guys a boost. It won't be a cakewalk, but I like our chances: Slippery Rock 44-31

    Go Rock!
    Last game of the 2006 season? Make the field goal at the end of the game and go to the playoffs.

  5. #5

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Yea I’ll be traveling 6 hours, dad making flight from Atl, mom makin flight from NY just to see my bro Roland Rivers play

  6. Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I still like the Rock.

    RELENTLESS

    Did the Rock have the "Relentless" saying when you played. I think it was something Lutz brought in when he was D-Coordinator.
    Relentless came in between 2006-2009 - I think closer to 2009. I was there.

  7. #7

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
    Yea I’ll be traveling 6 hours, dad making flight from Atl, mom makin flight from NY just to see my bro Roland Rivers play
    Layer up it is going to be cold!!!! And may snow!!!

  8. #8

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    Warning: the following statement is purely opinion-based. In terms of making the playoffs, Saturday's game is the biggest regular-season home game for Slippery Rock since Nov. 9, 2002. The only other one that comes close to meaning as much as this weekend's game does and as much as that one did in 2002 was the championship against Bloomsburg in 2014. And I wasn't on the field that day in 2014, so my vote goes to 2002.

    I expect a close game Saturday. I haven't seen West Chester much this year, but undefeated is undefeated. So they'll be tough, no doubt. My question is, have they seen an offense like they one they'll see Saturday? I'm not sure they have. If the offense is clicking and the defense keeps playing as well as it has lately, I just don't think West Chester will score enough to beat us. I also think that, while it doesn't really matter at most D2 schools, we have an advantage playing this game at home. If the fans turn out like normal (I live less than an hour from West Chester, so I'll be traveling over 5 hours to be there) that will give our guys a boost. It won't be a cakewalk, but I like our chances: Slippery Rock 44-31

    Go Rock!
    The weather is not going to be favorable for a big turnout. Also the game is being televised on PCN.

  9. #9

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    West Chester has lost 7 straight State Title games.

    THE ROCK has won 4 straight title games against West Chester.

    If West Chester wins this week they will surpass IUP for most titles.

    https://psacsports.org/news/2018/11/...all-title.aspx

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, West Virginia
    Posts
    1,616
    Rep Power
    4750

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
    Yea I’ll be traveling 6 hours, dad making flight from Atl, mom makin flight from NY just to see my bro Roland Rivers play
    And you'll be there for the playoff games no matter where the Rock will playing. We traveled from Northern VA to IUP, to New Haven, and to Winston Salem in 2012. We would have went as far as the team went had they advanced. They were good adventures, well worth the effort.

    RELENTLESS

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    8,371
    Rep Power
    101174

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    And you'll be there for the playoff games no matter where the Rock will playing. We traveled from Northern VA to IUP, to New Haven, and to Winston Salem in 2012. We would have went as far as the team went had they advanced. They were good adventures, well worth the effort.

    RELENTLESS
    That's the best part.

  12. Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    I agree, Rock is the best team West Chester will have played all year, not discrediting Kutztown. But has SR seen a defense like West Chester's all year. Trust that their defense is as legit as the stats. Their D-Line gets a ton of pressure and Morrisey and Barnes are really good at LB. It is going to be a great game, but no way Rock's offense scores 44 on the WCU defense.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, Pa.
    Posts
    8,371
    Rep Power
    101174

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by PSACStatGuy View Post
    I agree, Rock is the best team West Chester will have played all year, not discrediting Kutztown. But has SR seen a defense like West Chester's all year. Trust that their defense is as legit as the stats. Their D-Line gets a ton of pressure and Morrisey and Barnes are really good at LB. It is going to be a great game, but no way Rock's offense scores 44 on the WCU defense.
    Think we heard that last year, too.

  14. #14

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Think we heard that last year, too.
    X 2 .. Didn't a less offensively talented SRU lay 50 on WC last year? .. how did that team get in the playoffs anyway? Lost to a mediocre SR team and a lousy Bloomsburg team while just getting by bottom dwellers Millersville and ESU ... not to mention getting the annual bye week vs Cheney... Tort needs to hire the WCU playoff selection committee lobbyist NOW! ... jus sayin

  15. #15

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    X 2 .. Didn't a less offensively talented SRU lay 50 on WC last year? .. how did that team get in the playoffs anyway? Lost to a mediocre SR team and a lousy Bloomsburg team while just getting by bottom dwellers Millersville and ESU ... not to mention getting the annual bye week vs Cheney... Tort needs to hire the WCU playoff selection committee lobbyist NOW! ... jus sayin
    Close. We beat them 49-42 last year. It feels like we hadn't played them in 100 years (back when my dad played in the 70s) and now we seem to play them every year haha. I never had a chance to play against West Chester.
    Last edited by Dozsa2; 11-07-2018 at 11:28 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Williamsport, PA
    Posts
    21,837
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    I know this is the "state game," but let's be honest, the IUP game is, always has been, and always will be the only game that matters. Duh!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Stroudsburg, PA
    Posts
    1,460
    Rep Power
    5063

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    You think somebody would consider making this a prime-time game??? The "Game" gets lost among all of the other Noon or 1pm games, IMO...Thoughts??
    Last edited by WarriorVoice; 11-08-2018 at 07:27 AM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    17724

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    X 2 .. Didn't a less offensively talented SRU lay 50 on WC last year? .. how did that team get in the playoffs anyway? Lost to a mediocre SR team and a lousy Bloomsburg team while just getting by bottom dwellers Millersville and ESU ... not to mention getting the annual bye week vs Cheney... Tort needs to hire the WCU playoff selection committee lobbyist NOW! ... jus sayin
    Close. 2 of the Rock's TD's came on special teams. But a less offensively talented WCU laid 42 on the Rock last year

  19. #19

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    You think somebody would consider making this a prime-time game??? The "Game" gets lost among all of the other Noon or 1pm games, IMO...Thoughts??
    What would happen if Ship was hosting?? Can't make it a prime time game because of time of year and the subsequent weather. I could see have all other games play at 12; then have state game @ 3 or 4 at latest. Ship put up some lights; gets dark around 5 with time change.
    Last edited by SRU 88; 11-08-2018 at 10:26 AM.

  20. #20

    Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

    Quote Originally Posted by shiplb54 View Post
    I know this is the "state game," but let's be honest, the IUP game is, always has been, and always will be the only game that matters. Duh!
    Nailed it! jus sayin

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •