Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

Contribute to D2

Default Re: West Chester at SRU (PSAC championship game)

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    They should just play the game at the jewel of the PSAC every year ......... #TheMill ..... jus sayin
    Can't ... AD sucks.

Or, so I hear.

Edit ..
    Thought you meant Millersville.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Those are fun stories.

The grass field has become pretty rare. Trying to think ... any left in the PSAC?
    I don't think so. For some reason, I want to say Shippensburg was the last PSAC team to go to turf (not counting Cheyney).

Those are fun stories.

The grass field has become pretty rare. Trying to think ... any left in the PSAC?
    Cheyney had the last one...

Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    Garry, Raye, & Johnson; it was a pretty talented offense; the D is what let them down last year not the offense.
    The only guy I liked from WCU last year on offense was the Tailback and he's gone, o-line was out of shape and sloppy......Saw them 3 times......just sayin

Those are fun stories.

Not college, but we had a pretty good time last Friday night in Shippensburg.

Of course, they ripped up the field to the extent that they're having to move tomorrow night's home game to Trojan Stadium in Chambersburg.

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    Not college, but we had a pretty good time last Friday night in Shippensburg.

Of course, they ripped up the field to the extent that they're having to move tomorrow night's home game to Trojan Stadium in Chambersburg.
    That's a great facility.

I don't understand why every PSAC game isn't forced to be played at IUP stadium. Shouldn't everyone have to play there, and all the other non-IUP teams have to pay a steep annual royalty for the honor and privilege of playing in the same stadium and on the same turn on which IUP walks? Just seems to make sense, ya know?

I love joking with my IUP brothers! Y'all Rock (pun intended)--I hope Ship makes it a great game tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by shiplb54 View Post
    I don't understand why every PSAC game isn't forced to be played at IUP stadium. Shouldn't everyone have to play there, and all the other non-IUP teams have to pay a steep annual royalty for the honor and privilege of playing in the same stadium and on the same turn on which IUP walks? Just seems to make sense, ya know?

I love joking with my IUP brothers! Y'all Rock (pun intended)--I hope Ship makes it a great game tomorrow!
    IUP without Lenny next year, how will that play out?

This does seem like it should happen. The PSAC world does revolve around IUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post

Every cemetery is full of irreplaceable people.

Lenny had a great career. He will be an IUP Hall of Fame inductee.

But, the show goes on. That's college sports.

They brought in two highly regarded QB recruits this past recruiting season. They'll likely bring in a transfer QB to join the derby. The transfer wire will be full of QBs ... just have to find the right one.

IUP has a lot back next year. They aren't going anywhere.

I see Yahmir Wilkerson hasn't transferred out (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by IUP412 View Post
    The only guy I liked from WCU last year on offense was the Tailback and he's gone, o-line was out of shape and sloppy......Saw them 3 times......just sayin
    Agreed, WCU had a "Preseason All-American"(whoever decided that didn't watch tape) on the OL last year ... and he couldn't block anybody from IUP. In fact they lined him up at fullback for short yardage, lasted 2 games too slow to even get to the hole.

The O-Line has been below par again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
    They will be just fine. Judging by how most of you IUP haters think of Lenny, they will even be better off. jus sayin

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    I see Yahmir Wilkerson hasn't transferred out (yet).
    Why would he, at least until after the spring? Word I hear is that he just was not as "polished" at the position coming out of HS but has a great arm and athleticism. A year practicing at this level will help that, this position is far from nailed down by anyone right now. jus sayin

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but there’s no IUP vs. Ship thread—all the IUP posters must have been sick all week for us not to have been graced by a thread dedicated solely to IUP’s superior prowess.

I just got off the phone with Coach Mac (Ship HC) and he informed me how blessed he truly is to have the opportunity to travel to IUP, wake up this morning and eat a breakfast in the same town that Coach Tort eats, Coach in the same stadium that all the legendary IUP players—and fans—have excelled so much, and to play against such an admirable, quality, superior, and handsome team. He told me he was afraid coming into the season and after the SRU win that he may make the state game, or that IUP may make it and Ship wouldn’t, so it was truly an answer to prayer for all the stars to align and allow Ship to play IUP in the premier game if the season. He almost started crying considering what he would do if he was in the State game and had a playoff spot secured instead of having this great honor awaiting him today—God forbid!

He said in preparation for the game the team all stayed up late last night, watched classic football movies like Remember the Titans and crushed six packs while snacking on crispy bacon (in honor of the Legendary Rocky Rees’ dream finally coming true). He said there’s no hope in winning against a team like IUP, so you just try to soak it all in and enjoy it to the best of your ability—it’s like winning a free trip to Disney if Walt himself got to punch you in the face.

So, Congratulations to Coach Mac and the Ship players, you all really deserve this great honor—I’m sure you’ll cherish it for the rest of your lives!

thanks for putting up with my satire this morning. I only do it because you know I love you IUP guys. I hope it’s a good one today!
    Last edited by shiplb54; 11-10-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but there’s no IUP vs. Ship thread—all the IUP posters must have been sick all week for us not to have been graced by a thread dedicated solely to IUP’s superior prowess.

I just got off the phone with Coach Mac (Ship HC) and he informed me how blessed he truly is to have the opportunity to travel to IUP, wake up this morning and eat a breakfast in the same town that Coach Tort eats, Coach in the same stadium that all the legendary IUP players—and fans—have excelled so much, and to play against such an admirable, quality, superior, and handsome team. He told me he was afraid coming into the season and after the SRU win that he may make the state game, or that IUP may make it and Ship wouldn’t, so it was truly an answer to prayer for all the stars to align and allow Ship to play IUP in the premier game if the season. He almost started crying considering what he would do if he was in the State game and had a playoff spot secured instead of having this great honor awaiting him today—God forbid!

He said in preparation for the game the team all stayed up late last night, watched classic football movies like Remember the Titans and crushed six packs while snacking on crispy bacon (in honor of the Legendary Rocky Rees’ dream finally coming true). He said there’s no hope in winning against a team like IUP, so you just try to soak it all in and enjoy it to the best of your ability—it’s like winning a free trip to Disney if Walt himself got to punch you in the face.

So, Congratulations to Coach Mac and the Ship players, you all really deserve this great honor—I’m sure you’ll cherish it for the rest of your lives!

thanks for putting up with my satire this morning. I only do it because you know I love you IUP guys. I hope it’s a good one today!
    Basketball started last night.

Blog Entries

I'm getting cold just looking at Twitter pics from Western PA this morning. Its going to be an interesting day of football out there.

Dress warm.

Indiana is a combination of snow/sleet, strong wind and a real peachy temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Why would he, at least until after the spring? Word I hear is that he just was not as "polished" at the position coming out of HS but has a great arm and athleticism. A year practicing at this level will help that, this position is far from nailed down by anyone right now. jus sayin
    On one of the Tort Shows, he said Wilkerson was running the scout team, and really progressing. So we'll see.

LOL, According to Coach Tort, Mussina showed no interest in coming to IUP, and that IUP is looking forward to meeting him this afternoon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast