Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 161 to 174 of 174

Thread: OT: D1

  1. #161

    Default Re: OT: D1

    This LSU story is getting better by the hour.

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,462
    Rep Power
    22497

    Default Re: OT: D1

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    This LSU story is getting better by the hour.
    That they are good?

  3. Default Re: OT: D1

    Goodbye Will Wade. Shocking that there is corruption in college athletics. Insert laugh track.

    Looks like the last regular season game for Pitt tomorrow against Notre Dame. Rough ACC portion of the season as everyone knew it would be.

    They should have had those old Batman TV show captions for their games--- POW! BAM! SPLAT! WHACK!

    It was painful! Hopefully the recruiting helps for next year. The ACC is just unreal!

    -

  4. #164

    Default Re: OT: D1

    Let's go Pitt !

  5. Default Re: OT: D1

    End of an era. Dick Groat called his final game as Pitt’s radio color analyst. Quite a career in sports Mr. Groat had. Cheers.

  6. Default Re: OT: D1

    Pitt gets another commit from a recruit with Justin Champagnie coming aboard. Apparently his twin Julian will do a prep year and then sign on with Pitt in 2020. The Champagnie twins are from Brooklyn. Their last name is pronounced Sham-Penny to the best that I have been able to ascertain. Justin is projected as a SF.

    That puts Pitt commits at three with SG/SF Gerald Drumgoole and PF Karim Coulibaly having already committed. I saw one recruiting ranking system list Pitt thus far as seventh in the ACC recruiting and 35th nationally in the recruiting process up to this point. For whatever that is worth. I take all the ranking and ratings with a major grain of salt.

    But when you consider how Jeff Capel took a 8-24 (0-19 in ACC) team and improved them to 14-19 and 4 wins in ACC games and look at his recruiting thus far you have to say that this guy has done about as good a job here as one could possibly do.

    A few more offers have been extended to potential recruits from Capel. 6-9 post Oliver Robinson Nkamhoua and 6-4 SG (trey specialist) Sean McNeil. I have no info on either player.

    -

  7. #167

    Default Re: OT: D1

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Pitt gets another commit from a recruit with Justin Champagnie coming aboard. Apparently his twin Julian will do a prep year and then sign on with Pitt in 2020. The Champagnie twins are from Brooklyn. Their last name is pronounced Sham-Penny to the best that I have been able to ascertain. Justin is projected as a SF.

    That puts Pitt commits at three with SG/SF Gerald Drumgoole and PF Karim Coulibaly having already committed. I saw one recruiting ranking system list Pitt thus far as seventh in the ACC recruiting and 35th nationally in the recruiting process up to this point. For whatever that is worth. I take all the ranking and ratings with a major grain of salt.

    But when you consider how Jeff Capel took a 8-24 (0-19 in ACC) team and improved them to 14-19 and 4 wins in ACC games and look at his recruiting thus far you have to say that this guy has done about as good a job here as one could possibly do.

    A few more offers have been extended to potential recruits from Capel. 6-9 post Oliver Robinson Nkamhoua and 6-4 SG (trey specialist) Sean McNeil. I have no info on either player.

    -
    Call Aunt Becky

  8. Default Re: OT: D1

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Call Aunt Becky
    I would at least consider it if I had one. LOL.

    I also wanted to say that Pitt looked awesome in those gold uniforms. It would be great if they would adopt those full-time.

    -

  9. #169

    Default Re: OT: D1

    Oregon dropping the hammer on Washington

  10. Default Re: OT: D1

    It literally just occurred to me that the D1 bracket comes out tonight. I’ll be flying more blind than ever making my picks this year. I suppose Duke winning it all is always a sound choice.

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    21272

    Default Re: OT: D1

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    It literally just occurred to me that the D1 bracket comes out tonight. I’ll be flying more blind than ever making my picks this year. I suppose Duke winning it all is always a sound choice.
    I'm a huge Blue Devils fan but this team is so hot and cold. Zion could drop 30 points, 15 boards and block 3 shots and if the other guys are cold we won't make it out of the sweet 16. That said I think with such an open field I like our chances. Locally I would love for Temple to make it to the Sweet 16 as Fran Dunphy retires and passes the torch to Aaron McKie. Just glad the committee didn't set precedence by letting a .500 Texas team into the field. That would have been terrible if they got in over a 20+ win NC State, Temple, Belmont, Arizona State team

  12. #172
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,379
    Rep Power
    69258

    Default Re: OT: D1

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I would at least consider it if I had one. LOL.

    I also wanted to say that Pitt looked awesome in those gold uniforms. It would be great if they would adopt those full-time.

    -
    I actually think the basketball uniforms look better in the old script Pitt logo and vintage color scheme than the football uniforms. I remember being maybe 12-14 and wanting one of these (although I remember them being a lighter shade of blue)


  13. Default Re: OT: D1

    Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    I'm a huge Blue Devils fan but this team is so hot and cold. Zion could drop 30 points, 15 boards and block 3 shots and if the other guys are cold we won't make it out of the sweet 16. That said I think with such an open field I like our chances. Locally I would love for Temple to make it to the Sweet 16 as Fran Dunphy retires and passes the torch to Aaron McKie. Just glad the committee didn't set precedence by letting a .500 Texas team into the field. That would have been terrible if they got in over a 20+ win NC State, Temple, Belmont, Arizona State team
    I think Duke has a pretty favorable draw. I have Liberty making a Cinderella run to face them in the Seeet 16, but in the likely event I’m wrong I don’t think VA Tech or Mississippi State presents a huge challenge to them either. And I don’t trust Michigan State to get to that regional final.

    I ended up with Duke, Michigan and Kentucky in the Final Four and I took a flyer on Cincinnati to be my big Cinderella and get there I have UK over Duke in the final. I expect my bracket to be completely busted by mid afternoon on Thursday.

  14. #174

    Default Re: OT: D1

    Verbal Commits is great to watch this time of the year ... mass transfers being announced.

    UMKC had (8) departures today.


    On the D2 side, Davis and Elkins is having a mass exodus, too.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •