Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: D1

Default Re: OT: D1

Some rumors swirling that 6-10 C Khadim Sy out of Daytona State College (formerly of V-Tech and Oak Hill) may commit to Pitt by the end of the week. Apparently he was said to be heading to LSU but the recent trouble there must have him reconsidering that choice. Stay tuned.

-

2. Default Re: OT: D1

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Buffalo isn't that bad if you can handle snow. Its starting to see a resurgence similar to Columbus. Tuscaloosa isn't bad either - but its in Alabama.
    I had some relatives who lived there. During one of those bad winters of the 1970s the dude goes out to clean off his car for work the next day. First he had to find the car. Think about that! That would be a LOT of freakin' snow to bury a car. LOL.

-

Late games are 24-16 at half and 10-10 with 8 minutes left in half. John Reilly is loving what he is seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    Late games are 24-16 at half and 10-10 with 8 minutes left in half. John Reilly is loving what he is seeing.
    One of the hosts on 93.7 The Fan (Pittsburgh) went on a tirade this morning about wanting Virginia knocked out as fast as possible. He went on and on about how watching a 51-47 game is terrible for basketball fans.

I couldn't help but think of Mercyhurst and Gannon. It made me laugh hearing their arguments.

The obvious downside to Mercyhurst and Gannon is they need exactly the right roster for it to be successful. At Virginia, Tony Bennett can just pick and choose. Mercyhurst had the perfect roster this year to run that style. Gary has had it before, too, but hadn't for the past couple seasons.

It's much harder at D2. That's why you see GU and Mercyhurst have some very, very good years but then those get mixed in with some very bad years (GU this year and two years ago) and more average years.

5. Default Re: OT: D1

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    One of the hosts on 93.7 The Fan (Pittsburgh) went on a tirade this morning about wanting Virginia knocked out as fast as possible. He went on and on about how watching a 51-47 game is terrible for basketball fans.

I couldn't help but think of Mercyhurst and Gannon. It made me laugh hearing their arguments.

The obvious downside to Mercyhurst and Gannon is they need exactly the right roster for it to be successful. At Virginia, Tony Bennett can just pick and choose. Mercyhurst had the perfect roster this year to run that style. Gary has had it before, too, but hadn't for the past couple seasons.

It's much harder at D2. That's why you see GU and Mercyhurst have some very, very good years but then those get mixed in with some very bad years (GU this year and two years ago) and more average years.
    I wonder if that same guy wanted Pitt knocked out as soon as possible back when they made themselves a relevant program by playing exactly the same way.

The B team as usual doesn't know sports! Doesn't shock me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    The B team as usual doesn't know sports! Doesn't shock me at all.
    The morning show is getting to the point of being hard to keep on the radio. I just can't find anything else to kill that ride from Indiana to Pittsburgh.

Luckily I get the Super Genius on the ride home.

Agree ... I really like watching Virginia. It's not a physical defense like Gannon. It's a group of players that can work together well enough that the opponent can never get any dribble penetration. It would be boring if every team played like them, but it would be boring if every team played 87-79 games.

9. Default Re: OT: D1

The morning show is getting to the point of being hard to keep on the radio. I just can't find anything else to kill that ride from Indiana to Pittsburgh.

Luckily I get the Super Genius on the ride home.
    The Fan morning show? Oh, you mean the four hours of commercials with occasional sports talk in between.

Did anybody catch the segment, I believe it was last Friday, where Madden did an in studio interview with some mimes? One of the greatest things i’ve ever heard on radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    Agree ... I really like watching Virginia. It's not a physical defense like Gannon. It's a group of players that can work together well enough that the opponent can never get any dribble penetration. It would be boring if every team played like them, but it would be boring if every team played 87-79 games.
    I will say the last 5 regulation minutes of Purdue vs TN was incredible.

Virginia is perceived as different so the masses turn on them. Same way the yinzers yapped about Jamie winning 25 games a year.

Carolina has a big problem

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    The Fan morning show? Oh, you mean the four hours of commercials with occasional sports talk in between.

Did anybody catch the segment, I believe it was last Friday, where Madden did an in studio interview with some mimes? One of the greatest things i’ve ever heard on radio.

Yes. It was legendary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Default Re: OT: D1

Carolina has a big problem
    It's all over. 97-80 loser to Auburn. Didn't see that one coming. Is the SEC becoming the next super hoops conference?

-

The yearly mass exodous from UMES (University of Maryland Eastern Shore) has begun.

This is a 'D1' school in Princess Anne, MD. For reference, they were blown out by D3 Salisbury earlier this year.

I mention this because this school has been a feeder system to Atlantic Region schools over the years.

That said, UMES wouldn't have a chance to win the PSAC.

15. Default Re: OT: D1

What a bummer! King Zion loses and is now exiled to the NBA to be the top pick in June.

He sure was something else. I may have to start watching the NBA a little to see what he does next.

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    What a bummer! King Zion loses and is now exiled to the NBA to be the top pick in June.

He sure was something else. I may have to start watching the NBA a little to see what he does next.

-
    Taken down by IZZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Default Re: OT: D1

Michigan State is a team I almost always have going a long way and in the last few years it seems they’ve been burning me. So this year I have them out in round 2 and of course they’re still going strong.

That was one heck of an Elite 8 round. I’m rooting for Virginia. After last year’s humiliation, this is quite the comeback.

Khameron Davis leaving Pitt.

19. Default Re: OT: D1

Khameron Davis leaving Pitt.
    Not really much of a loss for Pitt. He was by all accounts a great young man who did play decent in the tomato can games---but obviously not much of an ACC player to carry. He would be an awesome get for IUP. I think that he is from Denver, Colorado. I would imagine that he wants to stay D-I somewhere.

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Not really much of a loss for Pitt. He was by all accounts a great young man who did play decent in the tomato can games---but obviously not much of an ACC player to carry. He would be an awesome get for IUP. I think that he is from Denver, Colorado. I would imagine that he wants to stay D-I somewhere.

-
    That made me think of Joe's last big-school transfer. I think it was Mathis when he came from Gonzaga.

The P5 to D2 hoops transfer is fairly rare ... at least around here. Seems like we see lots of the mid-major types.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast