Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    121
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    26068

    Default Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    New Regional Rankings out. First column In Region, second D2

    1 Minnesota St. 10-0 10-0
    2 Tarleton St. 8-0 9-0
    3 Minn. Duluth 10-0 10-0
    4 Colo. Sch. Of Mines 9-1 9-1
    5 Colorado St.-Pueblo 9-1 9-1
    6 Tex. A&M-Commerce 6-2 8-2
    7 MSU Texas 6-2 7-2
    8 Central Wash. 7-1 8-1
    9 Azusa Pacific 7-2 7-2
    10 Chadron St. 7-2 7-2

    Barring upset, looks like Pack at Nerds, Part 2

    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    26068

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Other big question is does Azusa vs CWU winner jump MSU Texas for 7 spot, or does the GNAC winner need West Texas to save their playoff bacon?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    180516

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    We'll see if they leave it at 2 conference games the first round.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    26068

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Don't see anyway around RMAC v RMAC without someone losing. CWU in at 7 could remove LSC vs LSC, assuming you keep Tarleton at 2.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    180516

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    Don't see anyway around RMAC v RMAC without someone losing. CWU in at 7 could remove LSC vs LSC, assuming you keep Tarleton at 2.
    There is a simple way to avoid it, it's called human input.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    26068

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    There is a simple way to avoid it, it's called human input.
    But do you really put Mines (or CSUP) ahead of an undefeated team? I suppose jumping CWU up to 5 solves that, but seems odd to me. I know they want to avoid conference match-ups in the first round, but 2018 seems to be shaking out in a way to make it unavoidable. Unless of course we can get Chadron and WTAMU to step up and bail the committee out. Side note. How awful will Chadron feel if they win and end up at 8 and missing the playoffs due to A ams loss?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Barring any upsets, I think this is how it finishes:

    1 Minnesota St.
    2 Tarleton St.
    3 Minn. Duluth
    4 Colo. Sch. Of Mines
    5 Tex. A&M-Commerce
    6 Colorado St.-Pueblo
    7 Central Wash.

    They'd prefer not to have intra-conference in the first round, so I think they will push CSUP lower. Plus, this would make for some interesting match-ups. I believe Midwestern will be left out, basically screwing themselves with 10 D2 games.

    But, we've also seen upsets the last week before, so it could get crazy too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    180516

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    But do you really put Mines (or CSUP) ahead of an undefeated team? I suppose jumping CWU up to 5 solves that, but seems odd to me. I know they want to avoid conference match-ups in the first round, but 2018 seems to be shaking out in a way to make it unavoidable. Unless of course we can get Chadron and WTAMU to step up and bail the committee out. Side note. How awful will Chadron feel if they win and end up at 8 and missing the playoffs due to A ams loss?
    If it doesn't change home/away much then yes, I'm not going to drop Duluth to 5th but 3rd to 4th and avoiding 2 conference match-ups in round 1 can happen if they want. You could also drop Mines to 6 and slide a team up. Angelo could easily knock Commerce off if they show up to play. Honestly, Chadron gets killed by any of the SR4 teams currently in the top 7 so they might not feel too bad (Mines excluded as we are about to find out about if they get back to being for real). Chadron @ Duluth would be embarrassing, no offense to Chadron but they are not there yet.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    180516

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Barring any upsets, I think this is how it finishes:

    1 Minnesota St.
    2 Tarleton St.
    3 Minn. Duluth
    4 Colo. Sch. Of Mines
    5 Tex. A&M-Commerce
    6 Colorado St.-Pueblo
    7 Central Wash.

    They'd prefer not to have intra-conference in the first round, so I think they will push CSUP lower. Plus, this would make for some interesting match-ups. I believe Midwestern will be left out, basically screwing themselves with 10 D2 games.

    But, we've also seen upsets the last week before, so it could get crazy too.
    This isn't possible, they'd have to switch Pueblo and Commerce.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    ^ Forgot about CSUP H-H over Commerce, so....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    26068

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    This isn't possible, they'd have to switch Pueblo and Commerce.
    Agreed. 2 loss Commerce ahead of 1 loss Pueblo, when 1 of the 2 Commerce losses was to Pueblo? 1st round conference games be damned. I will scream to the high heavens if they do that. And I doubt I will be alone.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    This isn't possible, they'd have to switch Pueblo and Commerce.
    Yep, so you are right, maybe they swap Mines and Duluth, but that would be a shocker if UMD is undefeated.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    180516

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Yep, so you are right, maybe they swap Mines and Duluth, but that would be a shocker if UMD is undefeated.
    Agreed, it's that or 2 first round conference games barring any big upsets. Guess we will see what they decide to do here in 6 days.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Maybe Duluth at 2, Tarleton 3, Mines 4, CWU 5, CSUP 6, and Commerce 7. Basically push the only 2-loss team to last spot, somewhat penalize Tarleton for 10 games, and gift CWU the 5-spot to help with schedules. That probably makes much more sense overall.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    Maybe Duluth at 2, Tarleton 3, Mines 4, CWU 5, CSUP 6, and Commerce 7. Basically push the only 2-loss team to last spot, somewhat penalize Tarleton for 10 games, and gift CWU the 5-spot to help with schedules. That probably makes much more sense overall.
    I'd like to see CSUP at Tarleton, could be very interesting. CWU at Mines would be a good game as well. Decent travel all the way around.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    2,143
    Rep Power
    1616

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Mines plays Chadron State this weekend and I would not be surprised if Mines loses giving Pueblo the 4th seed. Then it would increase Pueblo's chances of playing a home payoff game.

    This will be a fun playoff season for me!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,170
    Rep Power
    180516

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Mines plays Chadron State this weekend and I would not be surprised if Mines loses giving Pueblo the 4th seed. Then it would increase their chances of playing a home payoff game.
    Yes, being the 4 seed does increase chances of a home game because the 4 seed plays...at home.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13,436
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Yes, being the 4 seed does increase chances of a home game because the 4 seed plays...at home.
    But how much does it increase the chances?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    2,143
    Rep Power
    1616

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Yes, being the 4 seed does increase chances of a home game because the 4 seed plays...at home.
    Oh lol ok. Obviously I still get confused on that part

    I was thinking more about later on when they play the other super region. If a lower ranking team gets in then it would be in Pueblo. That happened the year Pueblo won the national title.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    26068

    Default Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    But how much does it increase the chances?
    I checked with a former Maury guest, and he was A MILLION PERCENT certain that being Number 4 didn't matter. But apparently he was the father after all, so I'll stick with #4 is going absolutely be the host in Round 1.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •