Thread: The Battle of not finishing Last Place

Contribute to D2

Default The Battle of not finishing Last Place

Thought this game deserved a thread as in the minds of Mary and crookston fans, this is a big game for them! The loser of this game will finish last (if Mary wins then crookston finishes last due to h2h).

Mary is a team clearly rebuilding for the future and I think they’ll be good in a few years with a very young HC and a commitment to increase scholarships to 36.

Crookston on the other hand is looking for their first 2 win season in 5 years. Most of us on here know about their history. If crookston is able to get that 2nd win, the season would be considered a successful season.

For the first time ever, I’m picking crookston in this one as their QB is decent and they have more experienced players than Mary.

Crookston wins 21-14

Default Re: The Battle of not finishing Last Place

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Thought this game deserved a thread as in the minds of Mary and crookston fans, this is a big game for them! The loser of this game will finish last (if Mary wins then crookston finishes last due to h2h).

Mary is a team clearly rebuilding for the future and I think they’ll be good in a few years with a very young HC and a commitment to increase scholarships to 36.

Crookston on the other hand is looking for their first 2 win season in 5 years. Most of us on here know about their history. If crookston is able to get that 2nd win, the season would be considered a successful season.

For the first time ever, I’m picking crookston in this one as their QB is decent and they have more experienced players than Mary.

Crookston wins 21-14
    I'm also picking Crookston. Their QB is athletic and their D is probably better than it has been in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post

Crookston wins 21-14
    ...but Crookston beat Minot and Minot beat Mary, correct? So Mary would have h2h over Crookston, Crookston has h2h over Minot, and Minot has h2h over Mary. Therefore, three way for last.

Quote Originally Posted by HumRsky View Post
    ...but Crookston beat Minot and Minot beat Mary, correct? So Mary would have h2h over Crookston, Crookston has h2h over Minot, and Minot has h2h over Mary. Therefore, three way for last.
    Ugg good point. To me, Minot is better than their 1-9 record and didn’t realize they’re very young with only 4 seniors. Regardless I feel both teams will treat this game as to not finish last place. However if crookston wins then Mary will have finish solely in last.

Who do you guys got in this one?!