Thread: Upper Iowa vs. Minnesota St.

Contribute to D2

Default Upper Iowa vs. Minnesota St.

Can’t believe it’s already the last game of the season! Time flys! Mavs need to finish strong and go undefeated for the regular season! Doing so will likely get’em the #1 seed, but........ I thought so too last year so I won’t fully believe it until I see it.

I can’t say this is a potential trap game but the Peacocks are “wildly” unpredictable, so you don’t know what team will show up. The one that has beaten essentially two top 25 teams or the one that lays eggs on bottom feeders? Who knows! Hard to believe two out of their three wins are against strong squads.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: Upper Iowa vs. Minnesota St.

If this was in the middle of the season, or in Fayette, I would be more concerned. No one has been more Jekyl and Hyde than the Peacocks. If the story about taking away all of the Cock Power shirts is true it might be like Delilah cutting Sampson's hair or Lex Luthor putting kryptonite in Superman's phone booth. Now UIU may fill the air with footballs and it all depends on MSU's pass rush, coverage and ability to create turnovers.

Yes, MSU may be looking past UIU and needs to keep their focus. Take care of business at home, Mavs- be ready to play.

If the Mavs play from the start with the intensity they have shown the last five games or so, I feel they should be able to get the victory Saturday at home. UIU has shown they can beat some good teams, so can't take anything for granted.
    After Ekowa's fine performance Saturday at QB, I would expect him to get the start this Saturday.

We have never played well against Mankato - no matter how good of team we have....seems like it's a whooping each year (there may have been a year or two where we were somewhat competitive, but too lazy to go look :)). Disappointing year for UIU...easily could have 4 more wins. Beat Wayne across the board if you look at stats...but give up 2 special team scores (kick return and punt block, plus an INT taken back to our 5 and a score right away...21 points), lose to Moorhead, stopped at end of game on 4th and 2 inside our 10 down by 6, SMSU lose by one - driving at end of game, within FG range and throw an INT, Auggie up 24-0 and then can't stop them and lose by 3, SCSU two 4th and goal from the 1 that were stopped - at time of game would have made it a much, much different game. Then we go beat Bemidji and Winona. Tough year....some very good football at times where we competed with anyone, but some lapses in each game that cost us dearly. I'm guessing Mankato by 3-4 TD's.

Blog Entries

9 days ago I watched UIU look like they didn't wanna be in Sioux Falls. Their run defense was fairly solid and their D-line did fairly well limiting Watson (outside an 80 yard scamper)....but the wideouts weren't showing great effort going after passes....and it kinda looked like they were mailing it in. I'm convinced they are better than that....but that's what I saw. With this being the last game of the year, it does make you wonder if they'll mail it in at Mankato also..considering USF dominated the Peacocks and the team ahead of them should do every bit of that....so it's kinda hard if you've UIU to feel like you've got a fighting chance.

Have they proven they can upset good teams....certainly....but this is at the Blake. I just don't see it.

Early weather forecast- 32 degrees, cloudy, wind out of the south at 16 mph. Snow Friday night. Could the wind and cold have an effect?

It may, but I believe the Mavs have a good O-line and several capable backs to use the three-yards and a cloud of dust offense if needed in case passing conditions are less than optimal.

Mankato weather- game time- 28 degrees, wind 17 mph out of the southeast.

I doubt if it will get that warm. Current temp is 7. Bundle up!

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Mankato weather- game time- 28 degrees, wind 17 mph out of the southeast.

I doubt if it will get that warm. Current temp is 7. Bundle up!
    Gives me flashbacks to the playoff game last year, no thanks!

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it’s freaking cold out here..... reminds me of our playoff game vs Emporia St. in 2015.

Another long Td by Taormina. I’ve stated this multiple times this season, Im still curious why he hasn’t gotten more carries after rushing for 1000 yards last year.

Mankato struggling half way through the first I see...

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Mankato struggling half way through the first I see...
    Struggling? We put up 21 points in seven minutes, you call that struggling?

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Struggling? We put up 21 points in seven minutes, you call that struggling?
    Sarcasm my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Sarcasm my friend...
    Sarcasm can be a hard thing to see and understand online haha

Overall pretty good game from start to finish. However blocking for our kicker has been struggling....

Quote Originally Posted by msumavfan View Post
    Another long Td by Taormina. I’ve stated this multiple times this season, Im still curious why he hasn’t gotten more carries after rushing for 1000 yards last year.
    Agree. He has great speed and talent, and makes a great additional offensive weapon along with Gunn. And we have a few other good RB's also.
    Overall good effort by the Mavs today. Hopefully they can correct whatever is causing the blocked place kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Gives me flashbacks to the playoff game last year, no thanks!
    It never got even close to being as warm as predicted. I think that the wind chill was 3 at kickoff. About halftime it started snowing and felt colder because of the wet damp feel. I went up those steep steps twice- then the pizza arrived after halftime and I ate it down by the end line. The ref even asked us if we had a fire in that waste paper basket but I told him it was a flat spot to put our plates. I even offered him a piece but he thankfully declined. I think both teams were glad when the second half was done.

It took me about a half of the basketball game across the street to warm up.