Thread: Huskies at Dragons

Contribute to D2

Default Huskies at Dragons

I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on the season finale between the Dragons and Huskies. Looking at the schedule, I have to believe this is the game of the week especially if there is a Mineral Water Bowl berth on the line! Both teams are 7-3 and both lost to UMD and Mankato. The difference is the Dragons beat Bemidji and lost to USF and St Cloud did the opposite. Stats appear to be close in every category and both teams are on the younger side. Dragons are at home but have yet to top the Huskies. There's an opportunity for coach Laqua and the team to accomplish 2 things that haven't happened in a very long time in beating SCSU and extending their season with a post season bowl game! Lots to be excited for for both teams but I'm curious what the experts have to say!

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: Huskies at Dragons

I'm no expert. I only saw the Mavs game at Moorhead, and SCSU twice- losses at home to UMD and on the road to MSU. This game is pretty much a tossup and when that happens I tend to pick the home team.

Neither team has been to the MWB! I’m picking MSUM for the win as I don’t believe the dragons have never played a post season game before! Correct me if I’m wrong

Should be a very competitive game. I would tend to go with the home team in this one, i.e. Moorhead St.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Neither team has been to the MWB! I’m picking MSUM for the win as I don’t believe the dragons have never played a post season game before! Correct me if I’m wrong
    I will. They were involved in the NAIA playoffs during the 80s for sure.

https://www.mnstate.edu/university-a...sc-sports.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    I will. They were involved in the NAIA playoffs during the 80s for sure.

https://www.mnstate.edu/university-a...sc-sports.aspx
    Thanks! Still pulling for Moorhead as SCSU has had postseason experience recently..

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Thanks! Still pulling for Moorhead as SCSU has had postseason experience recently..
    To me, Moorhead has been an up and coming team. They have had some setbacks, injuries and disappointments but they are still on the rise. It is good for the conference- and the Northern Division- to have them resurrect their program.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    To me, Moorhead has been an up and coming team. They have had some setbacks, injuries and disappointments but they are still on the rise. It is good for the conference- and the Northern Division- to have them resurrect their program.
    They definitely surprised me this year considering the expectations they had last year and fell short. They have a bright future.

A side stat:
    The last time MSUM beat SCSU was 1983. The score if that game was 22-21.

This will be the 63rd meeting and the series sits at 37-23-2 in favor of SCSU.

I'm blown away by the success of both Moorhead and a little less so of St. Cloud this year. Talking to parent of Moorhead players early in year they said how players don't feel the coach knows what's happening and they didnt think they'd be very good. Well, surprise! As a Northern fan, I cant like it, but congrats and good luck. NSIC has to stick together so beat those Huskies!

11. Default Re: Huskies at Dragons

[QUOTE=NSU4LIFE;2305396]I'm blown away by the success of both Moorhead and a little less so of St. Cloud this year. Talking to parent of Moorhead players early in year they said how players don't feel the coach knows what's happening and they didnt think they'd be very good. Well, surprise! As a Northern fan, I cant like it, but congrats and good luck. NSIC has to stick together so beat those Huskies![/QUOTE
    There has been lots of growth this year by MSUM. It’s been a fun ride and a bowl would be icing on the cake. It will be a tough game but if the go into it like they did this weekend it is mire than doable.
    Last edited by FootballMom4; 11-05-2018 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Spelling errors