Thread: OT - Martin Luther College wins share of the UMAC

Default OT - Martin Luther College wins share of the UMAC

I saw this on Twitter and figured it was worth a share. I hope that's okay since they are in NSIC territory. D3 Martin Luther College in New Ulm won at least a share of the UMAC title today. They are currently sitting at 8-1. Their combined record for the years 2014-2017 is 9-31 (0-10 in 2016) and they have not had a winning season since going 5-4 in 2010.

https://mlcknights.com/news/2018/11/...-40-6-win.aspx

Also, in 1991, they were considered to be the worst team in college football.

http://www.startribune.com/another-m...677/495328501/

Kinda cool, I thought anyway.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: OT - Martin Luther College wins share of the UMAC

Was it two years ago that they were winless?

They play in a nice natural bowl up on top of the hill in New Ulm not far from Herman the German. Nice place to watch a ball game, very low key.

3. Default Re: OT - Martin Luther College wins share of the UMAC

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post

They play in a nice natural bowl up on top of the hill in New Ulm not far from Herman the German. Nice place to watch a ball game, very low key.
    According to this article yes, they were winless in 2016.
    http://www.d3football.com/columns/fe...r-thinking-big

Congratulations to the Knights, located just 40 miles or so from me. I recall seeing their women's BB team play a few years ago, and them advancing to the NCAA playoffs vs. St. Thomas. Very nice campus on the hill in New Ulm.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post

Yup, 2016.

The bowl is worth sharing. Notice how it butts up against a residential area -

Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the stands themselves. The pressbox sits on top of the bowl and back a bit. The seating is built into the bowl. I can't imagine it can hold more than 2-300.

Quote Originally Posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    Congratulations to the Knights, located just 40 miles or so from me. I recall seeing their women's BB team play a few years ago, and them advancing to the NCAA playoffs vs. St. Thomas. Very nice campus on the hill in New Ulm.
    The current school dates back only to 1995, but the campus itself (at least the original academic buildings) date back to the 1880s. I've only been inside of it once when I was in elementary school - we saw a play there or something. It's a neat little place. You'd have to know it was there, or else you'd miss it.

Some interesting pictures of the football setup there. I imagine this as sort of what most colleges originally envisioned collegiate football to be, and its' proper place in the overall collegiate experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't find a picture of the stands themselves. The pressbox sits on top of the bowl and back a bit. The seating is built into the bowl. I can't imagine it can hold more than 2-300.

More good shots here: https://mlcphotogallery.smugmug.com/...ecoming-92615/

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Thanks!

It looks like they draw a decent crowd.