Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51

Thread: PSAC championship game: a question

  1. #1

    Default PSAC championship game: a question

    Is it a must-win for Slippery Rock?

  2. #2

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    I think it is. Even if Hillsdale loses next week to Indy;they are in with their win today.

    THE ROCK may stay in 8th of the regional rankings; with Tiffin and Hillsdale just switching positions based on today's result

  3. #3

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    I think it is. Even if Hillsdale loses next week to Indy;they are in with their win today.

    THE ROCK may stay in 8th of the regional rankings; with Tiffin and Hillsdale just switching positions based on today's result
    That’s what I was thinking, too

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, West Virginia
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    5365

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Yea, A one loss Kutztown gets in over a two loss SRU. An SRU win makes it interesting. WCU and SRU in and Ktuz out?

  5. #5

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Yea, A one loss Kutztown gets in over a two loss SRU. An SRU win makes it interesting. WCU and SRU in and Ktuz out?
    Crazy to think a 1-loss PSAC team could be left out.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,190
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    The playoffs have started for Slimey. There is no luxury for a loss now.

  7. #7

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Yea, A one loss Kutztown gets in over a two loss SRU. An SRU win makes it interesting. WCU and SRU in and Ktuz out?
    A lot depends on the Gmac games, and who loses the Post New haven game. Its very possible that both Hillsdale and Tiffin lose next week. If Rock wins, Hillsdale loses and new haven loses, I think the Psac gets 3 teams in. THough Edinboro is not a gimme for KU.

  8. #8

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    A lot depends on the Gmac games, and who loses the Post New haven game. Its very possible that both Hillsdale and Tiffin lose next week. If Rock wins, Hillsdale loses and new haven loses, I think the Psac gets 3 teams in. THough Edinboro is not a gimme for KU.
    Tiffin loses again they may be out, too.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,520
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    A lot depends on the Gmac games, and who loses the Post New haven game. Its very possible that both Hillsdale and Tiffin lose next week. If Rock wins, Hillsdale loses and new haven loses, I think the Psac gets 3 teams in. THough Edinboro is not a gimme for KU.
    If Edinboro can't figure out it's passing attack they'll nudge Kutztown toward the playoffs. The teams are too similar statistically speaking for Edinboro's offense to be as one dimensional as it was against IUP.

  10. #10

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    I would say 4 teams have already locked their playoff participatation. Notre Dame, West Chester, New Haven, Post. Hillsdale is probably the only team that may get with 2 losses. I think the only way the Psac gets 3 teams is if Findlay beats Tiffin.

  11. #11

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    If Edinboro can't figure out it's passing attack they'll nudge Kutztown toward the playoffs. The teams are too similar statistically speaking for Edinboro's offense to be as one dimensional as it was against IUP.
    Edinboro QB was under relentless pressure all day long. Pressure can cover a lot of coverage issues. At least 2 of the int's were tipped balls where a defender got in the passing lanes to get a hand on it. IUP defense played pretty well I was surprised to see the stats for the RB, looks like he had a good day but felt during the game they bottled him up pretty good. The most disappointing play to me was the 4th and 12 or 13 at the end that Edinboro picked up, brought back bad memories from the SRU game. jus sayin

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fennville, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    54149

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Tiffin loses again they may be out, too.
    Opens the door for a 9-2 Ohio Dominican.

  13. #13

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by chargerblue View Post
    Opens the door for a 9-2 Ohio Dominican.
    Maybe. They took an SOS anchor yesterday. Another one next week.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Fennville, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    5,765
    Rep Power
    54149

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Maybe. They took an SOS anchor yesterday. Another one next week.
    True.

  15. #15

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    You may have Shepherd, ODU, IUP and Fairmont all with 2 losses. The math can sort it from there.

  16. #16

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    You may have Shepherd, ODU, IUP and Fairmont all with 2 losses. The math can sort it from there.
    Unless the both get in the rankings this week; they have no chance.

    I think with both THE ROCK and Hillsdale winning eliminated IUP. ( Root hard for Findlay & Boro)

    The loser of Post/New Haven will fail only to 6th or 7th depending on other results. The NE-10 is getting 2 teams in.

  17. #17

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    Unless the both get in the rankings this week; they have no chance.

    I think with both THE ROCK and Hillsdale winning eliminated IUP. ( Root hard for Findlay & Boro)

    The loser of Post/New Haven will fail only to 6th or 7th depending on other results. The NE-10 is getting 2 teams in.
    Its possible that no 2 loss teams get in. Rock, WCU, KU, New haven, Post NDC Tiffin, and even Hillsdale could have 1 or 0 losses.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,657
    Rep Power
    24070

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Its possible that no 2 loss teams get in. Rock, WCU, KU, New haven, Post NDC Tiffin, and even Hillsdale could have 1 or 0 losses.
    and 6 of those teams are average squads!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Martinsburg, West Virginia
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    5365

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Its possible that no 2 loss teams get in. Rock, WCU, KU, New haven, Post NDC Tiffin, and even Hillsdale could have 1 or 0 losses.
    That's what sitting in the back of my mind. SR1 has - if I counted correctly - eight teams with no more than one loss.

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    and 6 of those teams are average squads!
    That never seems to matter come selection time.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,657
    Rep Power
    24070

    Default Re: PSAC championship game: a question

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    That's what sitting in the back of my mind. SR1 has - if I counted correctly - eight teams with no more than one loss.

    That never seems to matter come selection time.
    I know this. This is why this region won't have a chance in the final 4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •