Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: LSC Men's Basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    At first, I thought that WTAMU would've been able to pull off hosting both tournaments completely by having the women's quarterfinals on Friday, the men's quarterfinals on Saturday, then both semis on Sunday and both finals on Tuesday. Then again, I hadn't factored in the availability, or lack thereof, of the court for practices. Hence, the split tourneys for both the men's and women's Regionals.

Still, that's a heck of an accomplishment for WTAMU hoops. Hopefully, that karma finds its way over to the football stadium sooner rather than later...
    Man, the WT FB faithful are hoping like hell FB can become solid year-in-year-out top tier again.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Man, the WT FB faithful are hoping like hell FB can become solid year-in-year-out top tier again.
    It's ALL about football.....this here is TEXAS!

Looks like WT vs Commerce again... Should be a good game. Myself and the family will be there. Was happy to see that Angelo was able to keep up with St.Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffTough View Post
    Looks like WT vs Commerce again... Should be a good game. Myself and the family will be there. Was happy to see that Angelo was able to keep up with St.Edwards.
    That was a tough game for Commerce. Glad to see them gut out that win. I think WT has too much fire power for us, but its March, and anything can happen I guess. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    That was a tough game for Commerce. Glad to see them gut out that win. I think WT has too much fire power for us, but its March, and anything can happen I guess. Looking forward to it.
    Commerce was actually the one team I was hoping WT wouldn't have to face again. I honestly believe if Commerce was in the other bracket with St.Edwards that it would be another LSC regional. It's going to be a good game.

Commerce was actually the one team I was hoping WT wouldn't have to face again. I honestly believe if Commerce was in the other bracket with St.Edwards that it would be another LSC regional. It's going to be a good game.
    Agreed. I wasn’t impressed with St Ed’s yesterday. They were bailed out by some calls and Angelo made some bad decisions with the ball at critical times yet they still had a chance at the end. This is going to be a good game today. Commerce i believe will try to slow it down and attempt make it a half court game. They can’t get in a up and down game with the Buffs. The guards are just too good in transition. In comparison the Buffs will need to rebound the ball better and get out in transition when ever possible. It is going to be a fun one today.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Agreed. I wasn’t impressed with St Ed’s yesterday. They were bailed out by some calls and Angelo made some bad decisions with the ball at critical times yet they still had a chance at the end. This is going to be a good game today. Commerce i believe will try to slow it down and attempt make it a half court game. They can’t get in a up and down game with the Buffs. The guards are just too good in transition. In comparison the Buffs will need to rebound the ball better and get out in transition when ever possible. It is going to be a fun one today.
    Commerce worries me. We need to keep our foot on the pedal today for sure.

WT men move on to the sweet16. Congrats Commerce on a great season.

Buffs fans call your friends, relatives and find anyone else who likes basketball to show up on Tuesday for one last time to see this team play at home. Some unbelievable talent and great kids on this squad. Tonight was a nice win against a good team. It’s tough to beat a good team 4 times but the Buffs did it. Gonna need all the fans possible on Tuesday. St Ed’s looked totally different today. It’s gonna be a battle. Go Buffs!

Quote Originally Posted by fanofnsic View Post
    Buffs fans call your friends, relatives and find anyone else who likes basketball to show up on Tuesday for one last time to see this team play at home. Some unbelievable talent and great kids on this squad. Tonight was a nice win against a good team. It’s tough to beat a good team 4 times but the Buffs did it. Gonna need all the fans possible on Tuesday. St Ed’s looked totally different today. It’s gonna be a battle. Go Buffs!
    I will say St Edwards played a different LCU team than the one that whipped them not to long ago and beat WT earlier this season. They kicked three players off the team and had one quit a week before the playoffs started. Not saying they aren’t good, because the Hilltoppers are, but they looked different today for a reason.

WT did a great job on defense against Commerce. They controlled Reggie Reid and didn't let him take over the game.

WT in transition is just so freaking hard to slow down for an entire game. Once they get rolling downhill, the quickness of our guards and the ability to kick it out and hit the 3, oh, and don't forget someone having to pin Quaid on the backside or he'll finish every time, makes the Buffs a tall order. I though Commerce played great defense in the first half. Their zone was making WT work hard. Commerce had decided they were not going to let Quaid beat them inside. It worked for a while.

@ 2,500 last night at the game. It rocked. It exploded at about the 2nd half 6 minute mark when Eric Mosesly's block of a Commerce stuff brought fans to their feet. What a play! If this Buff team can play like a mature senior team with our 2 freshmen guards setting the tempo, it has a chance to go all the way. I hope we have a great crowd Tuesday. The team deserves it.

I'm ready to hit the road to Evansville, if the Buffs take care of business Tuesday.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-17-2019 at 04:41 PM.

IF I didnt live 10 hr drive away I would be there Tuesday night, will be watching, up the local fans fill up the arena. How many does it hold?
    Making final 8 would be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by bufffan78 View Post
    IF I didnt live 10 hr drive away I would be there Tuesday night, will be watching, up the local fans fill up the arena. How many does it hold?
    Making final 8 would be exciting.
    FUBC holds about 4,000. Somer is masked for BB. I'd say a full house would be @3,500.

They have removed the black covering over the upper end seats for the regional. WT website says it holds 4700 for basketball. Please correct me if I’m mistaken.

I have a couple buddies I am bringing to the game with me. If last year set a precedent, I highly doubt the FUB sells out. I may be wrong considering we are out of spring break now. Hopefully it is more packed than last year.(even though that was the fullest I have seen for a sporting event) The players deserve to be in front of a full home crowd.
    Last edited by BuffTough; 03-18-2019 at 06:24 PM.

I have a couple buddies I am bringing to the game with me. If last year set a precedent, I highly doubt the FUB sells out. I may be wrong considering we are out of spring break now. Hopefully it is more packed than last year.(even though that was the fullest I have seen for a sporting event) The players deserve to be in front of a full home crowd.
    3,000 will be a very good crowd. Anything more will rock.

I agree! 3k would be awesome. Especially because students get in Free! I am bringing 3 guys who have never been to a WT basketball game even though they are all alums. Hoping they like the product because WT bball is no joke. Would be good to get some more alumni back involved.

Came down from Fort Worth and I’m bringing 4 people with me. Bought our tickets at the box office Sunday and had to get them in the upper level. Hoping for 3000+. Really looking forward to it. Go Buffs!

WT wins the region in front of a loud and proud crowd! I think it was around 3500. Fantastic game and fun environment.

WT wins the region in front of a loud and proud crowd! I think it was around 3500. Fantastic game and fun environment.
    CONGRATS to WT on a big win.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast