Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LSC Men's Basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    No lie, saw the picture/article come up on Twitter and assumed WT had signed like a Make A Wish kid or something like that, then I read the story!
    Brown and staff seem to find players that fit their style. David Chavlovich was not highly recruited out of high school. Actually, he was hardly recruited at all. Brown's first signee at WT. Worked out pretty well!

2. Default Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    It looks like everybody else will be playing for second place. I don't see how anybody can come within 10 points of Commerce. Maybe 15. Let's get that trophy engraved now.
    Ha!

Chip, you have posted near daily of how the Lady Buffs already look like an elite 8 squad... yet let a few excited Lions get to you???

The season is weeks old. Your Buffs will get a chance to prove Jake wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    Ha!

Chip, you have posted near daily of how the Lady Buffs already look like an elite 8 squad... yet let a few excited Lions get to you???

Im pretty sure I only said that I liked what I saw out of Commerce against a D1 squad. I dont remember predicting anything. lol

Ha!

I said we were a Final 4 team. Then our 6'5 starter post went down for the year with an ACL. After her injury, I said we were maybe a regional finalist type team. Without Parker, it'll be a lot tougher. I still see the Lady Buffs winning at least 27/28 games.

I said we were a Final 4 team. Then our 6'5 starter post went down for the year with an ACL. After her injury, I said we were maybe a regional finalist type team. Without Parker, it'll be a lot tougher. I still see the Lady Buffs winning at least 27/28 games.

Anybody associated with Commerce know why the men's game against ASU started at 11 this morning?
    Also Rams are up 9 with 10 minutes left

Anybody associated with Commerce know why the men's game against ASU started at 11 this morning?
    asu up by 1 with 2 minutes left

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    asu up by 1 with 2 minutes left
    Down 1 with 1:30 left

We picked a bad time to go 3 minutes without scoring

Commerce wins 81-72. ASU did not score last 3:30 while Commerce was on 17-0 scoring run.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Commerce wins 81-72. ASU did not score last 3:30 while Commerce was on 17-0 scoring run.
    I believe that is 2 games in a row that we have had extended scoring droughts to end games. Luckily against Adams State it didn't end up costing us a game, but that is a trend I don't like

12. Default Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Today's promotional was Education Day. With the game starting early there were lots of grade school kids.

I went to the Commerce/ASU game this afternoon. Fun atmosphere with the fieldhouse totally full of grade school kids screaming their heads off for the full game. As far as the game goes, it was a strange one. Looked like Von Rosenberg was experimenting with different lineups throughout. We ended up down 11 with 4 minutes left & he finally put the best athletes on the floor & we were able to clamp down enough on D to squeak out the win. Looks to me like we could use more size than we have. Rebounding could become an issue this season.

Today's promotional was Education Day. With the game starting early there were lots of grade school kids.
    That's really cool!

That's really cool!
    It was fun. They bussed kids in from 3 or 4 surrounding towns. Kids all got shirts with their school colors and their expected college graduation class year on the back. It was weird seeing "Class of 2026" on the backs of shirts tho. They brought lots of energy. Probably my favorite game to go to every year. If y'all aren't doing it, you should.

Eastern 1-0 in conference to start!
    Last edited by Boohaha; 11-30-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Their is some definitive separation in the LSC men's side. WT is 24-3, 13-1 conference. Commerce is 19-5, 11-3. Angelo and Tarleton have fallen off the pace. WT goes to Tarleon and Commerce next week. That should decide the conference champion and seeding for the LSC tournament.

Regional rankings come out next week. Right now the top 3 teams should be WT, St. Edwards, and Colorado Mines. In what order, I don't know. Maybe Casual_Observer has the numbers?

Their is some definitive separation in the LSC men's side. WT is 24-3, 13-1 conference. Commerce is 19-5, 11-3. Angelo and Tarleton have fallen off the pace. WT goes to Tarleon and Commerce next week. That should decide the conference champion and seeding for the LSC tournament.

Regional rankings come out next week. Right now the top 3 teams should be WT, St. Edwards, and Colorado Mines. In what order, I don't know. Maybe Casual_Observer has the numbers?
    What an azz whoopin!! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    What an azz whoopin!! Wow!
    Tonight's WT game with Angelo was not as close as the 20 point victory margin for WT. The Buffs had a 31 point lead with about 6 minutes left. Coach Brown called off the dogs and played the end of the bench and Angelo hit 5 treys in the last 5 minutes.

I noticed that Angelo had 11 transfers. WT has 2. Tom Brown's plan to recruit HS kids and stay away from the transfer market has paid off. WT used to go the transfer route. It was like a new team every year. I didn't think Brown could go against the grain and go the HS route. He proved me wrong. Our former 20 year coach, Rick Cooper, now the AD at Wayland Baptist, told me today he thinks the Buffs will again make a deep run in the playoffs.

So Wiley College has Tarleton listed as Texas A&M- Tarleton State. When did we add the Texas A&M?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast