Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LSC Men's Basketball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: LSC Men's Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    followed by Kristen Mattio, who's had WT in 2 Elite 8's and 2 Sweet 16 finals in four years.
    Do you think she's in for the long haul? I sure hope so......

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    When they go the JUCO route, how are they leaving the program better than they found it? Look at UTPB for example.....
    This is his 2nd year. He came in last year with zero recruiting and managed to get a win in the NCAA tourney. And he isnt going anywhere yet. Lets give him a minute to build the program. When you start winning you attract better high school kids, but the winning generally needs to come first.

Do you think she's in for the long haul? I sure hope so......

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Best shooter you have EVER seen!

Curry, Allen, Kerr, Bird, Korver??? No, it's Grandstaff.

Ok.
    I think you're taking that a little literal....I wasn't talking global lol I was talking high school kids in person.

When they go the JUCO route, how are they leaving the program better than they found it? Look at UTPB for example.....
    Take a look at UTPB's roster this year haha

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Best shooter you have EVER seen!

Curry, Allen, Kerr, Bird, Korver??? No, it's Grandstaff.

Ok.
    You left out Magic J, Dr J and Micheal J.

LOL!

Commerce is playing at UTRGV at 7pm if anyone is interested. Free stream: http://www.wacdigitalnetwork.com/?bfplayvid=91828

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Commerce is playing at UTRGV at 7pm if anyone is interested. Free stream: http://www.wacdigitalnetwork.com/?bfplayvid=91828
    Lions down 45-33 at half time. I've seen a lot bigger crowds at LSC games.

UT Rio Grande Valley defeats Commerce men 91-84. Both teams looked pretty ragged early in the season (to be expected). Commerce has plenty of upside and plenty of talent. Obviously the team to beat in the LSC.

UT Rio Grande Valley defeats Commerce men 91-84. Both teams looked pretty ragged early in the season (to be expected). Commerce has plenty of upside and plenty of talent. Obviously the team to beat in the LSC.
    I was happy with what I saw. Great work on the boards against a bigger opponent, and lots of shots missed for the same reason. Commerce looks like we will be able to get up & down the floor & put points up in a hurry. The refs were whistle happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    I was happy with what I saw. Great work on the boards against a bigger opponent, and lots of shots missed for the same reason. Commerce looks like we will be able to get up & down the floor & put points up in a hurry. The refs were whistle happy.
    It looks like everybody else will be playing for second place. I don't see how anybody can come within 10 points of Commerce. Maybe 15. Let's get that trophy engraved now.

Not LSC related, but did anyone see Duke vs. Kentucky last night.... holy crap! Go Blue Devils

Quote Originally Posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    Not LSC related, but did anyone see Duke vs. Kentucky last night.... holy crap! Go Blue Devils
    Talk about playing for second place! If they stay healthy, they are going to be a tough out especially if Reddish and Williamson continue to shoot from 3 like they did last night.

They look to be the most athletic team in college basketball right now with a sizable gap between them and second.

WT announced an early signing, Zach Toussaint, Johnsburg, Ill. I met him a few weeks ago when WT played Southern Nazarene in an exhibition game. He had driven down with his mother. He told me he was a potential Buff. I asked myself, "For 2022?" The kid looked like he was 14.

Tuns out he's already scored nearly 1.500 points in two years. Made 91 threes last year, with 52 points in one game. So, I started doing some research. The local papers up there say he is a great ball-handler, good passer, and the best outside shooter is the state of Illinois. Cons: he's only about 5'10/5'11 and 150 pounds.

The nickname for him in the AAU travel team and high school ranks is "the baby-faced assassin." Ha! His full bio is on gobuffsgo.com
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-16-2018 at 02:35 PM.

WT announced an early signing, Zach Toussaint, Johnsburg, Ill. I met him a few weeks ago when WT played Southern Nazarene in an exhibition game. He had driven down with his mother. He told me he was a potential Buff. I asked myself, "For 2022?" The kid looked like he was 14.

Tuns out he's already scored nearly 1.500 points in two years. Made 91 threes last year, with 52 points in one game. So, I started doing some research. The local papers up there say he is a great ball-handler, good passer, and the best outside shooter is the state of Illinois. Cons: he's only about 5'10 and 150 pounds.

The nickname for him in the AAU travel team and high school ranks is "the baby-faced assassin." Ha! His full bio is on gobuffsgo.com
    No lie, saw the picture/article come up on Twitter and assumed WT had signed like a Make A Wish kid or something like that, then I read the story!

Tuns out he's already scored nearly 1.500 points in two years. Made 91 threes last year, with 52 points in one game. So, I started doing some research. The local papers up there say he is a great ball-handler, good passer, and the best outside shooter is the state of Illinois. Cons: he's only about 5'10/5'11 and 150 pounds.

For next year WT still needs to get a combo guard with some size/length and a couple of bigs. I've heard they're on some really good high school talents. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in one JUCO or D1 transfer (if they can find the right one that fits Brown's style).

The three freshmen they brought in this year are playing key roles. Qua Grant (Waxahachie) and JoJo Murray (Rowlett) are starting guards and are scoring mid-double figures. Murray had 20 last night against Lubbock Christian. They don't play like freshmen. The third, 6'4 Geddes (Fort Bend Hightower) is super athletic and getting 14-15 minutes a game PT.

For Buff fans, come on out to a game. The Buffs are a blast to watch!

By the way. last night's home win over LCU was impressive, 82-70. WT led by as much as 74-50. LCU got some garbage buckets at the end against our bottom five to make it look respectable. Buffs are 5-1.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-17-2018 at 11:01 AM.

For next year WT still needs to get a combo guard with some size/length and a couple of bigs. I've heard they're on some really good high school talents. I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in one JUCO or D1 transfer (if they can find the right one that fits Brown's style).

The three freshmen they brought in this year are playing key roles. Qua Grant (Waxahachie) and JoJo Murray (Rowlett) and starting guards and are scoring mid-double figures. Murray had 20 last night against Lubbock Christian. They don't play like freshmen. The third, 6'4 Geddes (Fort Bend Hightower) is super athletic and getting 14-15 minutes a game PT.

For Buff fans, come on out to a game. The Buffs are a blast to watch!

By the way. last night's home win over LCU was impressive, 82-70. WT led by as much as 74-50. LCU got some garbage buckets at the end against our bottom five to make it look respectable. Buffs are 5-1.
    I enjoyed the game last night, they seem more balanced overall this year. The freshmen definitely don't play like it. I was most impressed with Murray, he is really good. I was surprised Evans and Pennington didnt play more. Are they battling injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I enjoyed the game last night, they seem more balanced overall this year. The freshmen definitely don't play like it. I was most impressed with Murray, he is really good. I was surprised Evans and Pennington didnt play more. Are they battling injuries?
    I don't think so. Grant and Murray are playing so good, PT for the other two is hard to come by. Evans is still a bit challenged defensively, hence his fewer minutes. You saw how disruptive Grant and Murray can be on defense. They had like 6 steals last night and caused that many more turnovers. Quick hands, quick feet, anticipation, and reaction. The coaching staff's got them in position to make plays and take advantage of their skills.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-16-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    No lie, saw the picture/article come up on Twitter and assumed WT had signed like a Make A Wish kid or something like that, then I read the story!
    LMAO

I asked Brown last night when he started recruiting 14 year olds. He laughed and said he was a really early signee for 2022.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast