Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SRU

Default Re: SRU

Missing a whole week of camp practice will take a long time to recover ... especially with a brand new roster. Likely a couple quit, too, if I had to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Missing a whole week of camp practice will take a long time to recover ... especially with a brand new roster. Likely a couple quit, too, if I had to guess.
    Depends on what the administrative violation was. Also it's not like they brought in a new coach to act as the interim HC. Grady has been with SRU for 10 years and as Reynolds top assistant, was probably heavily involved in the scouting, recruiting, signing and coaching of the players on the 18-19 SRU roster. Also playing against players quitting on mass is where are they going to go less than one week before the beginning of the season?

Provided it is a short leave, I don't see this being huge. Again Grady is Reynolds top assistant and was obviously intimently involved in the day to day practice through camp. I would hope he was also crystal clear about what Reynolds wanted to do with each player in game situations. Obviously the "in game" calls could be different but unless Grady absolutely sucks, I don't see a relatively short suspension being that big a deal from a W/L stand point (maybe 1 game??)...Now if it extends for a month or more, it could have a big impact.
    Last edited by boatcapt; 11-04-2018 at 10:08 AM.

There's a lot to this story that isn't on this message board. Stay tuned.

There's a lot to this story that isn't on this message board. Stay tuned.
    Can you put in on this message board?

5. Default Re: SRU

Reynolds’ placement on paid leave is not due to “administrative violations.” PSAC state school coaches are members of a union so paid leave is typically the first step of due process before discipline is imposed and a coach’s money is taken away. No one should be suprised that bringing in 7-8 new high retention risk guys every year creates no culture or continuity in the SRU program and, hence, no loyalty to the head coach. Players are refusing to practice or play for Reynolds. There appears to be a mutiny going on. Scrimmages have been canceled. It’s ugly.

That story was from 2013. It has nothing to do with the current situation.
    Thanks for catching the date on that and I’m sorry for supplying the link. Someone sent me those and I didn’t even look at the date.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Can you put in on this message board?
    No but it won't take long to come out.

8. Default Re: SRU

Two games in and KR isn't on the bench.

Just checked the SRU coach page. Grady is listed as the "Acting Head Coach"
    Reynolds' name is listed at the bottom as "Head Coach". No e-mail is listed for KR.

https://rockathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=mbball

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    Two games in and KR isn't on the bench.

Just checked the SRU coach page. Grady is listed as the "Acting Head Coach"
    Reynolds' name is listed at the bottom as "Head Coach". No e-mail is listed for KR.

https://rockathletics.com/coaches.aspx?path=mbball
    He's on official leave. He's not coming back anytime soon (if ever).

SRU student newspaper says his office is in the process of being cleaned out, citing sources close to the team.

https://www.theonlinerocket.com/spor...t-in-new-team/

Kevin Reynolds is gone, period. The school settled out the rest of his contract somewhere around $300,000 just to make all parties happy.

Take a 30-second timeout here. This story isn't over -- and the SRU newspaper story isn't accurate.

Was checking to see the stats on former Augustana Viking John Warren just out of curiosity and saw that he hasn't played in the last two games for SRU. Anyone know if that's due to injury or some other reason?

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Was checking to see the stats on former Augustana Viking John Warren just out of curiosity and saw that he hasn't played in the last two games for SRU. Anyone know if that's due to injury or some other reason?
    I've been trying to find out. Nobody seems to know. He didn't play much in their opener (22 minutes) and when he did play was lousy.

Not sure if he's hurt or even still there.

The Rock is a dissapointing 1-3 after yesterday's shocking home loss to District of Columbia.

That 1-3 is a couple points from 4-0 but regardless ... the damage is being done.

If they can hold it together I think they right the ship. A tough trip to Daemen is up next.

Not one technical foul yet for SRU ...

Times have changed.

Not sure the IUP vs Rock games will be the same without KR. Like him or hate him ... nobody could get the KCAC crowd more fired up than KR's sideline antics.

Not one technical foul yet for SRU ...

Times have changed.

Not sure the IUP vs Rock games will be the same without KR. Like him or hate him ... nobody could get the KCAC crowd more fired up than KR's sideline antics.
    Reminds me of the Gary Edwards days when he would visit McComb Fieldhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Reminds me of the Gary Edwards days when he would visit McComb Fieldhouse.

LOL .. yeah, Gary Edwards was a master of it.

The game I'll never forget with KR in Indiana was during the 2013-14 season. IUP won, 66-64, but that was the chance SRU had to break the endless streak of losses in Indiana (which continues to this day). It dates back to 1991 or something.

There was well over 3,000 at the KCAC that night. Big Saturday night game ... rare, fired up group. The crowd got on KR so hard that he finally blew up late in the second half and got a gigantic technical foul (he had it coming). Changed the whole game. No technical and SRU probably would have won that game. They played a tremendous defensive game.

That was probably the most exciting game and best atmosphere I've seen at the KCAC. Reynolds always put on a show. Got to give him that much.

LOL .. yeah, Gary Edwards was a master of it.

The game I'll never forget with KR in Indiana was during the 2013-14 season. IUP won, 66-64, but that was the chance SRU had to break the endless streak of losses in Indiana (which continues to this day). It dates back to 1991 or something.

There was well over 3,000 at the KCAC that night. Big Saturday night game ... rare, fired up group. The crowd got on KR so hard that he finally blew up late in the second half and got a gigantic technical foul (he had it coming). Changed the whole game. No technical and SRU probably would have won that game. They played a tremendous defensive game.

That was probably the most exciting game and best atmosphere I've seen at the KCAC. Reynolds always put on a show. Got to give him that much.
    It's tough to take someone seriously when they scream at the refs then retreat to sitting on a wooden stool during a timeout.

Like him or not he put good and some years very good teams on the court.

SRU could care less about basketball. KR obviously was a master at getting very creative in recruiting. He had less than half of Joe's money for scholarships. Some years less than a third.

He took lots of chances on guys IUP would have never even considered.

Yet, go back over his tenure and he gave IUP fits many, many times. Didn't win many in the series but blowouts were rare.

The KR factor certainly juiced up the IUP vs Rock rivalry. In my era under Gary Edwards SRU was a throw away game. Always blowouts and nobody even cared about the series.

With the budget the coach will be given ... SRU will take a major dive in the coming years. The new president there is going to want a good samaritan type.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast