Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SRU

Default Re: SRU

Kevin Reynolds was always garbage!!! I'll be the one to say it!

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post

What day does the garbage truck come to pick Kevin Reynolds up this week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yow ... That's big news. Most coaches don't come back from "Administrative Leave," save Urban Meyer from tOSU.

If this brings down Slippery Rock a peg or two, the question is now whether or not IUP will go undefeated in the PSAC West.

Could be the opposite.

Very talented roster now playing for a coach they want to play for ...

Ian Grady is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    Yow ... That's big news. Most coaches don't come back from "Administrative Leave," save Urban Meyer from tOSU.

If this brings down Slippery Rock a peg or two, the question is now whether or not IUP will go undefeated in the PSAC West.
    That's a tall order, considering that every team in the West brings (or should bring) their "A" Game against IUP.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Wasn't Reynolds suspended for a game a couple years ago for some administrative issue? I forget the exact circumstances, but something's got to be up at Slippy Rock if you're going to suspend your head coach a week before the season begins.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

8. Default Re: SRU

Wow! Nice comment to make. One would think that if you are going to call another man trash or garbage you would want to do it to him directly and not hiding under a forum name. Just sayin'

What exactly is he said to have done? Okay, I will admit that I don't know very much about him. I know that he was at IUP some moons ago and received a couple of graduate degrees while a GA.

-

9. Default Re: SRU

I recall a similar incident at IUP back in the fall of 2005 with Gary Edwards being placed on leave or suspension or whatever it was called. He did come back for the season but I believe that it was understood between him and the IUP brass that it would be his final season at IUP. I think that was over recruiting matters---using false instate addresses for out of state players to save on scholarship money (or something like that).

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Wow! Nice comment to make. One would think that if you are going to call another man trash or garbage you would want to do it to him directly and not hiding under a forum name. Just sayin'

What exactly is he said to have done? Okay, I will admit that I don't know very much about him. I know that he was at IUP some moons ago and received a couple of graduate degrees while a GA.

-
    Funny stuff... little do you know I have called him that to his face. To let you know, his players walked out on him and refused to practice because of the way he treats them. I'd be shocked if he coaches this year. His players basically said, if he coaches, they don't play.

Best part of their game in Indiana was watching him cry like a little biatch for 40 minutes.

12. Default Re: SRU

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Best part of their game in Indiana was watching him cry like a little biatch for 40 minutes.
    I played for Reynolds in the mid 90’s at IUP when we won titles and set the stage for the teams we see now. Let me tell you this, he was a class act. Case in point...when the 94-95 team was brought back to celebrate their Final Four championship team in 2015 Reynolds came back to Indiana to see his ex players...mind you Joe did not even show his face at the open gym we had, the pre-game meal/celebration we had at the KCAC or visit the suite we watched the game in. You guys have no idea how much he cares about his players. Kurt Kanaskie molded him into a great coach. I would play for him any day, no questions asked! I hope he is back on the sideline soon! He turned slippery rock into a contender and is a good man. That’s all there is to say. I know most of you on this board are Edwards/Lombardi watchers, but rest assured Kanaskie and Reynolds had legit teams that could flat out play the game....

13. Default Re: SRU

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    I played for Reynolds in the mid 90’s at IUP when we won titles and set the stage for the teams we see now. Let me tell you this, he was a class act. Case in point...when the 94-95 team was brought back to celebrate their Final Four championship team in 2015 Reynolds came back to Indiana to see his ex players...mind you Joe did not even show his face at the open gym we had, the pre-game meal/celebration we had at the KCAC or visit the suite we watched the game in. You guys have no idea how much he cares about his players. Kurt Kanaskie molded him into a great coach. I would play for him any day, no questions asked! I hope he is back on the sideline soon! He turned slippery rock into a contender and is a good man. That’s all there is to say. I know most of you on this board are Edwards/Lombardi watchers, but rest assured Kanaskie and Reynolds had legit teams that could flat out play the game....
    I don’t know the man personally at all. And with the entitled nature of kids/athletes today I certainly won’t assume he did anything seriously wrong. But clearly, as a head coach, he’s a guy not everybody can play for and this group for whatever reason has had enough. And with this SRU team, like pretty much all of his teams, being an almost entirely new group it makes you wonder how it went wrong so fast.

Funny stuff... little do you know I have called him that to his face. To let you know, his players walked out on him and refused to practice because of the way he treats them. I'd be shocked if he coaches this year. His players basically said, if he coaches, they don't play.
    I watched him play at Bloom under Coach Chronister. Coaches were tough in those days. Chronister once got so mad in practice he dropped kicked the ball, and it accidentally hit a star player in the head: practice was cancelled. Players have changed and most wouldn't want to play for Bob Knight anymore.

https://triblive.com/news/adminpage/...l-lawsuit-cell

Really a terrible situation. My prayers go out to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPTrackMan View Post
    https://triblive.com/news/adminpage/...l-lawsuit-cell

Really a terrible situation. My prayers go out to everyone.
    That story was from 2013. It has nothing to do with the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    I don’t know the man personally at all. And with the entitled nature of kids/athletes today I certainly won’t assume he did anything seriously wrong. But clearly, as a head coach, he’s a guy not everybody can play for and this group for whatever reason has had enough. And with this SRU team, like pretty much all of his teams, being an almost entirely new group it makes you wonder how it went wrong so fast.
    That roster (as it is yearly) is largely made up of players on their 3rd or 4th school. There are certainly reasons kids transfer 3 to 4 times but you certainly play with fire taking that many at the same time.

My observation over the years is when you rely on non-traditional recruits like multi school transfers or international students you better be darn sure things are done by the book. That's what took down Gary Edwards. Plus the nowhere community colleges that are basically athlete transfer facilitators have little regard for NCAA regulations.

I don't know what he did but more often than not coaches that rely on the non-traditional recruits eventually get burned by the practice.

This cannot be a sign of good things

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast