Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Cock Power

  1. #1

    Default Cock Power

    There are rumblings in Cock Nation that there is a movement by some people to eliminate the 'Cock Power' t-shirts and using 'Cock Power' signs/cheers. What is your opinion on this and the tailgate environment that has been created in Fayette by the PTA?

  2. Default Re: Cock Power

    Quote Originally Posted by cidpeacock View Post
    There are rumblings in Cock Nation that there is a movement by some people to eliminate the 'Cock Power' t-shirts and using 'Cock Power' signs/cheers. What is your opinion on this and the tailgate environment that has been created in Fayette by the PTA?
    Personally I think it's funny but I can certainly see how the prudes could be offended by it. I remember the last time the Peacocks played in Bemidji and about 10 minutes before kickoff a Peacock fan yells out really loud...."let's go Cocks, stick it to 'em" I immediately looked at my wife and started laughing and then said to her....."that doesn't quite sound right".......lol.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,827
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Cock Power

    What would they like to replace it with?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    5,246
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Cock Power

    Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    What would they like to replace it with?
    Probably not "Pea Power."

  5. #5

    Default Re: Cock Power

    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    Probably not "Pea Power."
    Haha, actually made me laugh out loud!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Cock Power

    Quote Originally Posted by cidpeacock View Post
    There are rumblings in Cock Nation that there is a movement by some people to eliminate the 'Cock Power' t-shirts and using 'Cock Power' signs/cheers. What is your opinion on this and the tailgate environment that has been created in Fayette by the PTA?
    I have a Cock Power shirt I acquired in trade from Mr. Lesan. Probably not something the school should be apart of but they should let the students make them if they choose.

    As discussed in a different thread, has there ever been an outcry of why the women arent called the peahens? I figured in today's world this would have resulted in a protest by now.

  7. Default Re: Cock Power

    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    Probably not "Pea Power."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,827
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Cock Power

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    As discussed in a different thread, has there ever been an outcry of why the women arent called the peahens? I figured in today's world this would have resulted in a protest by now.
    St. Peter's of Jersey City, NJ are the Peacocks and Peahens.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_...ks_and_Peahens

  9. Default Re: Cock Power

    There hasn't been a clear replacement identified. It feels like, surprisingly a administration and teachers led movement yet nobody is speaking out about it. There have been reports of students being told to tell the athletes not to wear their Cock Power gear. Suggestions have included having the school do a buy back of all the Cock Power gear the school has sold or to put their money where their mouth is a make a sizable donation to a woman's organization as a sign of support. It isn't going to go well.

    Favorite cheer I have heard, @Augie, Peacocks line up for a field goal, Augie student section 'block those cocks'

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,827
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Cock Power

    Quote Originally Posted by cidpeacock View Post
    There hasn't been a clear replacement identified. It feels like, surprisingly a administration and teachers led movement yet nobody is speaking out about it. There have been reports of students being told to tell the athletes not to wear their Cock Power gear. Suggestions have included having the school do a buy back of all the Cock Power gear the school has sold or to put their money where their mouth is a make a sizable donation to a woman's organization as a sign of support. It isn't going to go well.

    Favorite cheer I have heard, @Augie, Peacocks line up for a field goal, Augie student section 'block those cocks'
    My next question- who gets to decide which women's organization?

  11. #11

    Default Re: Cock Power

    I have enough.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Cock Power

    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Man View Post
    Probably not "Pea Power."
    Well, really, peacocks are only males. The women’s teams *should* be the Peahens. The non-gender-specific name is Peafowl. “Fowl Power” has a certain ring to it, no?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    863
    Rep Power
    189220

    Default

    Looking for one XL “Cock Power” t-shirt before the Ministry of Truth confiscates them all. PM me

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •