Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    956
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    98076

    Default QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    https://www.cjonline.com/sports/2018...otball-program

    Good Lord this is a terrible whiny look for the kid. Also what the hell cjonline, do his parents work for the paper, what is this trash?
    Last edited by HookemHerd; 11-01-2018 at 09:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,961
    Blog Entries
    59
    Rep Power
    484779

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    https://www.cjonline.com/sports/2018...otball-program

    Good Lord this is a terrible whiny look for the kid. Also what the hell cjonline, do his parents work for the paper, what is this trash?
    Peterson is a pretty common last name, but check the by lines.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    parkville, missourah
    Posts
    7,972
    Rep Power
    70199

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    he’ll regret that later in life
    character revealing
    the sense of entitlement is almost insufferable
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Planet Earth Somewhere
    Posts
    4,516
    Rep Power
    117609

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    He would be 8th on the depth chart at Pitt.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Allen, Texas
    Posts
    174
    Rep Power
    555

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    https://www.cjonline.com/sports/2018...otball-program

    Good Lord this is a terrible whiny look for the kid. Also what the hell cjonline, do his parents work for the paper, what is this trash?
    Sounds like TWO egos that collided and the coach wins. What a shock.

    Don't be so quick to judge the kid as there is probably plenty of blame on both sides to go around.

  6. #6

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Behind JRod with a broken leg, after giving up on our revolutionary 3 qb system ran by former high school linebackers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    Peterson is a pretty common last name, but check the by lines.
    His Bio from his Texas State Roster:

    Named a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, 247Sports.com and Scout.com ... earned Honorable Mention All-Centennial League honors as a senior ... accumulated 1,853 yards of total offense, including 1,542 passing yards in his senior season ... tallied over 1500 yards of total offense as a junior ... ranked among top 10 city leaders in both passing and rushing ... named Honorable Mention Class 6A All-State in 2013 and 2014 ... named the Topeka City Prep Star of the Week and Wendy’s Athlete of the Week after rushing for 157 yards and three touchdowns on 10 carries and completing 4 of 7 passes for 48 yards against Centennial in 2013 ... accounted for 964 yards passing and 577 yards rushing as a sophomore ... was a pitcher on Washburn Rural’s baseball team and a forward on the basketball squad ... threw a no-hitter as a junior pitcher.

    Personal
    son of Jeff and Gayla Peterson.

    I have a feeling you may be right.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,331
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Behind JRod with a broken leg, after giving up on our revolutionary 3 qb system ran by former high school linebackers.
    Not sure Peterson is a good enough punter to have that spot at Pitt.

  9. Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by JR Chaney View Post
    His Bio from his Texas State Roster:

    Named a two-star recruit by Rivals.com, 247Sports.com and Scout.com ... earned Honorable Mention All-Centennial League honors as a senior ... accumulated 1,853 yards of total offense, including 1,542 passing yards in his senior season ... tallied over 1500 yards of total offense as a junior ... ranked among top 10 city leaders in both passing and rushing ... named Honorable Mention Class 6A All-State in 2013 and 2014 ... named the Topeka City Prep Star of the Week and Wendy’s Athlete of the Week after rushing for 157 yards and three touchdowns on 10 carries and completing 4 of 7 passes for 48 yards against Centennial in 2013 ... accounted for 964 yards passing and 577 yards rushing as a sophomore ... was a pitcher on Washburn Rural’s baseball team and a forward on the basketball squad ... threw a no-hitter as a junior pitcher.

    Personal
    son of Jeff and Gayla Peterson.

    I have a feeling you may be right.
    Everything you two say makes sense, but... how can the author believe this helps the player???

    The cliff notes version is “Like every player on this team that isn’t a starter, I wanted to play more. When I didn’t get that chance I yelled at my coach and quit.”

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    35414

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    Everything you two say makes sense, but... how can the author believe this helps the player???

    The cliff notes version is “Like every player on this team that isn’t a starter, I wanted to play more. When I didn’t get that chance I yelled at my coach and quit.”
    It's somewhat important to note in the cliff's; he lost his job due to injury and the old adage, you don't lose your job to injury when you return...then again this might turn into Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady part duex

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,331
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Topeka is a dump. I say we give it to Nebraska.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chillicothe...Home of Sliced Bread
    Posts
    3,780
    Rep Power
    50474

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Is the coach's son the current starter at WU?
    IH8FERRIS

  13. #13

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    Is the coach's son the current starter at WU?
    Certainly is.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,331
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    Is the coach's son the current starter at WU?
    Yeah

  15. #15

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    It's somewhat important to note in the cliff's; he lost his job due to injury and the old adage, you don't lose your job to injury when you return...then again this might turn into Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady part duex
    Especially in this situation Tom Brady dad is the coach

  16. #16

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Topeka is a dump. I say we give it to Nebraska.
    Nah, it has more of an Arkansas feel.

    Peterson (the QB, not the writer) already transferred once, probably because of the same issue. He better find a crappy NAIA school that guarantees him to be the man for all 11 games next year.

  17. #17

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by Try II View Post
    Nah, it has more of an Arkansas feel.

    Peterson (the QB, not the writer) already transferred once, probably because of the same issue. He better find a crappy NAIA school that guarantees him to be the man for all 11 games next year.
    Is he a true Junior?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by Try II View Post
    Nah, it has more of an Arkansas feel.

    Peterson (the QB, not the writer) already transferred once, probably because of the same issue. He better find a crappy NAIA school that guarantees him to be the man for all 11 games next year.
    Good point. He will have to leave the NCAA system if he hopes to play. 4,4,4 rule would require him to sit otherwise.

  19. #19

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Topeka is a dump. I say we give it to Nebraska.
    I have proposed this before, but I say we pick up the entire state of Kansas with several million helicopters, drop it in the Pacific, making it another Hawaiian island. Then we fill the hole with water and use it as a lake for the rest of the Midwest to use for vacations.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    27095

    Default Re: QB Peterson leaves WU, is a giant baby

    Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    Especially in this situation Tom Brady dad is the coach
    Based on the number of SB rings on Tom Brady's fingers, Tom Brady is everyone's daddy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •