Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Hybrid View

Default Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-i-status.html

Some of this is starting to make some sense. Many more moving parts to put into place...

2. Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post

Some of this is starting to make some sense. Many more moving parts to put into place...
    Would be a rather large jump for us. I think they would go the route of FCS if they do.

Honestly, I would rather us just keep building and stay a conference and playoffs contender in d2 than move up and get our heads pounded in. It’s a competitive market at the d1 level recruiting in Texas and even harder when you are a bottom feeder.

Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Hmmmmm. Dixie State, Tarleton and Augustana. That’s a large footprint for traveling. UTRGV would give you 4 teams. Still need 2 more for automatic playoff bid.

It would be FCS

Quote Originally Posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
    Would be a rather large jump for us. I think they would go the route of FCS if they do.

Honestly, I would rather us just keep building and stay a conference and playoffs contender in d2 than move up and get our heads pounded in. It’s a competitive market at the d1 level recruiting in Texas and even harder when you are a bottom feeder.

If they joined Dixie St. it would be FCS

Tarleton will go FCS... Southland Conference

Quote Originally Posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    Tarleton will go FCS... Southland Conference
    The Southland isn’t looking to expand. If you are content to stay D2 until the Southland is ready to take on another D2 move up, it’s a logical fit but will require patiently waiting it out....
    Last edited by catatonic; 10-31-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    The Southland isn’t looking to expand. If you are content to stay D2 until the Southland is ready to take on another D2 move ups, it’s a logical fit but will require patiently waiting it out....
    We have been patient since the first inquiry of 2004... I believe we can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    We have been patient since the first inquiry of 2004... I believe we can wait.
    Cool. ACU does not have a rival game with any of present members of the SLC. Playing a former LSC school like TSU every year would be great for us.

Cool. ACU does not have a rival game with any of present members of the SLC. Playing a former LSC school like TSU every year would be great for us.
    I'm surprised it's not UIW since they were in the LSC for a couple of years before they moved up. Also, Catholics vs C of C spells out all sorts of rivalry.

We aren’t feeling it.
    LMAO. Of course not....they beat ya 44-34 this year. HAHAHA HOW do you lose to UIW????????

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    LMAO. Of course not....they beat ya 44-34 this year. HAHAHA HOW do you lose to UIW????????
    Apparently you have not been keeping up with the Southland Conference this year. Nothing is predictable.

UIW has a freshman QB that’s a perfect fit for the Mike Leach style offense their new coach has installed.
    Last edited by catatonic; 11-05-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    I guess you could ask Sam Houston, or McNeese, or SLU, or SFA the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LSCfan1 View Post
    I guess you could ask Sam Houston, or McNeese, or SLU, or SFA the same thing.
    How good could UIW really be *checks standings* WHAT EVEN!? Kudos to Incarnate Word.

If West Texas is ever returning to D1, the WAC is the ticket.

If this did happen I wonder if Big Sky teams like Southern Utah, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and Weber State would move too the WAC?

Quote Originally Posted by the tav View Post
    If this did happen I wonder if Big Sky teams like Southern Utah, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and Weber State would move too the WAC?
    I could see the first three, but Weber is a charter member of the Big Sky, and have a close rivalry with Idaho State.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    I could see the first three, but Weber is a charter member of the Big Sky, and have a close rivalry with Idaho State.
    Only two I could feasibly see if N Colo and S Utah. Both are bottom feeders and this could give them a chance to compete for conference titles. TSU, Dixie State ( someone was geographically challenged when they named this school ) and most likely UTRGV adding a team. That would be 5 and WT could be enticed to join and have a conference. A lot still needs to happen, but it is feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Didn't think about the Weber State part of that. But say Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah leave the Big Sky. You know where I'm going with this right. Granted the money isn't there for the program and would be a HUGE struggle.... But...

Quote Originally Posted by the tav View Post
    Didn't think about the Weber State part of that. But say Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah leave the Big Sky. You know where I'm going with this right. Granted the money isn't there for the program and would be a HUGE struggle.... But...
    I know where you are going. Would be a fit with Portland State and EWU close, UM and MSU a short enough trip. But even if we tripled our current athletic budget, we would be on the short end of the stick in most sports. And that is before the needed upgrades to facilities.

I went to the Montana State v. Cal Poly game this weekend. While the Bobcats have probably the top facilities overall in the Big Sky, there is no comparison. CWU facilities would be near the bottom of the BSC.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast