Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Contribute to D2

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    What will be the Vegas line on which happens first- the Southland adding a team or the Lone Star losing one?

I'd bet on the second.
    With 21 members it is a safe bet that someone is going to bail out of the LSC before the Southland adds
    Tarleton State Texan
    Texas State Bobcat

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisattsu View Post
    With 21 members it is a safe bet that someone is going to bail out of the LSC before the Southland adds
    21? I thought that there were 19?

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    21? I thought that there were 19?
    You're right. I was confused. 19 members still too many to keep a consistent vision for a long period of time
    Tarleton State Texan
    Texas State Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by chrisattsu View Post
    You're right. I was confused. 19 members still too many to keep a consistent vision for a long period of time
    Still, safe bet the Lonestar loses a school before the SLC adds one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    Unless the WAC starts FCS football, it'd have to be Southland. Only problem is they're full and I doubt they'd be willing to take two D2 schools again.
    From my understanding over the next 3+ years, they aren't inviting anyone. I am hearing could be 5+ years based on some strategic financial contracts just signed.

So TSU and/or WT would have to go else where. Not happening anytime soon.

But its fun chatter never the less.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    From my understanding over the next 3+ years, they aren't inviting anyone. I am hearing could be 5+ years based on some strategic financial contracts just signed.

So TSU and/or WT would have to go else where. Not happening anytime soon.

But its fun chatter never the less.
    Never said it'd be soon. Always said make sure you don't move up just to move up.

Never said it'd be soon. Always said make sure you don't move up just to move up.
    Who said it would be at all (other than alums)?

Southland isn’t going to add WT. All schools except one are a full day’s drive. WT has zero in common with any of those schools.

WT is forever D2 because of geography.

9. Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

The AD.

Who said it would be at all (other than alums)?
    No one, but odds are the SLC will lose a couple and look to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by gruesome View Post
    The AD.
    Provide the link.

Provide the link.
    It’s a known fact that the AD wants to move Tarleton to D1 around campus from the Alums that I know. He isn’t the only one. They want more visibility for the University and they believe D1 will give them that. Daddy War Bucks is on board also.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    It’s a known fact that the AD wants to move Tarleton to D1 around campus from the Alums that I know. He isn’t the only one. They want more visibility for the University and they believe D1 will give them that. Daddy War Bucks is on board also.
    No "Daddy War Bucks" (Warbucks) for Tarleton. I believe their endowment is only $40 something. WT is $70+ mil and ASU is $160+ mil.....to give perspective.

Yup....LOTS of Alum talk and speculation.

Until an official statement is made that Tarelton is moving up, its just talk. Several LSC schools Alum talk/have talked about moving to D1AA. A few schools have actually put time & money into research & task forces. Most come up with the same conclusion. TOO FINANCIALLY TAXING.

Have you seen the 2018 Task Force results for Tarleton??? Dottavio created the Task Force. He's leaving. READ BETWEEN THE LINES.
    Last edited by ASUPops; 07-14-2019 at 11:38 AM.

14. Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Pretty much this. Reisman always wanted to be a D1 basketball coach, but the only way that was going to happen is for him to take the entire University D1. Time passed him by there, but it has been vocalized at events, to alumni, and throughout the campus and student media that it is a focus. The task force, consultant group, etc. was all for D1 glory.

To your other point, Dottavio is leaving, and I believe it is in at least some part due to the D1 talk. I also believe there are underlying things that are not and will not be publicly reported (aka rumors). I've said on this board that I think some are growing tired of the D1 talk with no measurable action and desperate pleas to join the likes of the WAC just for the sole sake of being a D1 school. SLC isn't expanding anytime soon and Tarleton isn't getting that invitation until they do.

To another point, Reisman and Dottavio are not exactly best friends. There was certainly some friction between the two and I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the move to D1. It cannot be denied that the $28+ million spent on The Lonn was a major decision based on moving to D1.

No "Daddy War Bucks" (Warbucks) for Tarleton. I believe their endowment is only $40 something. WT is $70+ mil and ASU is $160+ mil.....to give perspective.

Yup....LOTS of Alum talk and speculation.

Until an official statement is made that Tarelton is moving up, its just talk. Several LSC schools Alum talk/have talked about moving to D1AA. A few schools have actually put time & money into research & task forces. Most come up with the same conclusion. TOO FINANCIALLY TAXING.

Have you seen the 2018 Task Force results for Tarleton??? Dottavio created the Task Force. He's leaving. READ BETWEEN THE LINES.
    Apparently, you don’t know who Daddy Warbucks is. I’m positive he can pay your way to D1. That being said, most universities have that one guy who can. I don’t think he will sustain you to be there. But, IMHO with the way the school is growing he won’t have to.

They will keep growing and positioning themselves until the invite comes. If you are comparing ASU to TSU it’s a fair comparison. They just don’t have the A&M backing which has allowed them to grow at a rapid pace.

Unless your daddy war bucks has $50-100 million to toss in, it ain’t enough.

A school would spend right through $5-10 million in a single year.

A $50 million gift would throw off $2.5 million a year in actual income. I don’t know if even that moves the needle much.

No one, but odds are the SLC will lose a couple and look to replace.
    Who would be your guess?

Quote Originally Posted by LSCfan1 View Post
    Who would be your guess?
    Not going to pretend that this will be accurate. UIW, Sam Houston and Lamar in Texas. Central Arkansas, UNO outside of Texas. Again, not really accurate.

I think it's going to depend on what the Big 12 does, doubt it'll make it past 2026 with current members
    Last edited by Vulpes88; 07-14-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Not going to pretend that this will be accurate. UIW, Sam Houston and Lamar in Texas. Central Arkansas, UNO outside of Texas. Again, not really accurate.

I think it's going to depend on what the Big 12 does, doubt it'll make it past 2026 with current members
    I mean if you are talking 7-10 years down the line, then yes, strong possiblity.

Apparently, you don’t know who Daddy Warbucks is. I’m positive he can pay your way to D1. That being said, most universities have that one guy who can. I don’t think he will sustain you to be there. But, IMHO with the way the school is growing he won’t have to.

They will keep growing and positioning themselves until the invite comes. If you are comparing ASU to TSU it’s a fair comparison. They just don’t have the A&M backing which has allowed them to grow at a rapid pace.
    Apparently I do.....I spelled it correctly. ;)

It's all subjective. I guess a $30,000 millionaire may be a Daddy Warbucks to some. *shrug*
    Last edited by ASUPops; 07-15-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast