Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Quote Originally Posted by the tav View Post
    If this did happen I wonder if Big Sky teams like Southern Utah, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and Weber State would move too the WAC?
    I could see the first three, but Weber is a charter member of the Big Sky, and have a close rivalry with Idaho State.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    I could see the first three, but Weber is a charter member of the Big Sky, and have a close rivalry with Idaho State.
    Only two I could feasibly see if N Colo and S Utah. Both are bottom feeders and this could give them a chance to compete for conference titles. TSU, Dixie State ( someone was geographically challenged when they named this school ) and most likely UTRGV adding a team. That would be 5 and WT could be enticed to join and have a conference. A lot still needs to happen, but it is feasible.

Didn't think about the Weber State part of that. But say Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah leave the Big Sky. You know where I'm going with this right. Granted the money isn't there for the program and would be a HUGE struggle.... But...

If this did happen I wonder if Big Sky teams like Southern Utah, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and Weber State would move too the WAC?
    The question remains about how long the WAC will survive as a viable conference and if they can find enough schools willing to jump before the clock expires. The clock is not slowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    The question remains about how long the WAC will survive as a viable conference and if they can find enough schools willing to jump before the clock expires. The clock is not slowing down.
    Yup, It's 4:20 somewhere. My bad wrong clock.

Didn't think about the Weber State part of that. But say Northern Colorado, Northern Arizona and Southern Utah leave the Big Sky. You know where I'm going with this right. Granted the money isn't there for the program and would be a HUGE struggle.... But...
    I know where you are going. Would be a fit with Portland State and EWU close, UM and MSU a short enough trip. But even if we tripled our current athletic budget, we would be on the short end of the stick in most sports. And that is before the needed upgrades to facilities.

I went to the Montana State v. Cal Poly game this weekend. While the Bobcats have probably the top facilities overall in the Big Sky, there is no comparison. CWU facilities would be near the bottom of the BSC.

7. Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    How good could UIW really be *checks standings* WHAT EVEN!? Kudos to Incarnate Word.
    Well they have the best D Coordinator and Secondary Coach in all of FCS...

I know where you are going. Would be a fit with Portland State and EWU close, UM and MSU a short enough trip. But even if we tripled our current athletic budget, we would be on the short end of the stick in most sports. And that is before the needed upgrades to facilities.

I went to the Montana State v. Cal Poly game this weekend. While the Bobcats have probably the top facilities overall in the Big Sky, there is no comparison. CWU facilities would be near the bottom of the BSC.
    Yup, The budget is not there and would be a struggle. But like you said Portland, Spokane, Moscow, Pocatello, Missoula, Bozeman are bus rides.

Yup, The budget is not there and would be a struggle. But like you said Portland, Spokane, Moscow, Pocatello, Missoula, Bozeman are bus rides.
    My plan, had I won the billion dollar Mega jackpot, was to fully fund the transition, endowing the additional budget needs, upgrade to Tomlinson (Runnin' Cat Field at Tomlinson Stadium has a ring to it...), and a new baseball stadium. This would be after buying the 25K acre ranch in the Shields Valley.....

My plan, had I won the billion dollar Mega jackpot, was to fully fund the transition, endowing the additional budget needs, upgrade to Tomlinson (Runnin' Cat Field at Tomlinson Stadium has a ring to it...), and a new baseball stadium. This would be after buying the 25K acre ranch in the Shields Valley.....
    I had the same plan on those two jackpot's with Mega Millions and Power Ball. HAHAHA. I guess I can put all my focus now on the Publisher Clearing House Giveaway Prize.

Quote Originally Posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    Well they have the best D Coordinator and Secondary Coach in all of FCS...
    Still, wasn't expecting them to be near the top

12. Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

Would love to see FCS WAC with New Mexico State, Tarleton, WT, Northern Arizona, Dixie State, Southern Utah and maybe CSU Pueblo and then maybe if Grand Canyon and Utah Valley would start teams...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalodad View Post
    Would love to see FCS WAC with New Mexico State, Tarleton, WT, Northern Arizona, Dixie State, Southern Utah and maybe CSU Pueblo and then maybe if Grand Canyon and Utah Valley would start teams...
    UTRVG would be more likely than GCU. At this point the WAC would rather die a slow death than add FCS football. Not sure what is holding them back. One thing is for sure the WAC in its current state is a house built on sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalodad View Post
    NMST will not go FCS, too much money and prestige tied up in playing UTEP and UNM every year. Like Techster said, I am curious about UT-RGV as an FCS school though. They completed the study, but would it be favorable for them to start?
    Tarleton State Texan
    Texas State Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    UTRVG would be more likely than GCU. At this point the WAC would rather die a slow death than add FCS football. Not sure what is holding them back. One thing is for sure the WAC in its current state is a house built on sand.
    I know that Angelo State did an evaluation study a few years back and decided the cost was too much to move to FCS. Most people at ASU like the fact that they can compete for National Championships in all sports (Softball, baseball, tennis, soccer, etc.). However if both WT and Tarleton leave to go FCS, with the lack of replacements in the wing, they might reconsider it. I don't think it is preferred, but the loss of two, or more, LSC football schools would really hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by texcap View Post
    I know that Angelo State did an evaluation study a few years back and decided the cost was too much to move to FCS. Most people at ASU like the fact that they can compete for National Championships in all sports (Softball, baseball, tennis, soccer, etc.). However if both WT and Tarleton leave to go FCS, with the lack of replacements in the wing, they might reconsider it. I don't think it is preferred, but the loss of two, or more, LSC football schools would really hurt.
    I agree with you on all accounts. I seriously believe Tarleton and WT are the next two that will make the jump in the near future.

I agree with you on all accounts. I seriously believe Tarleton and WT are the next two that will make the jump in the near future.
    Whats the near future? 2 years?

To what conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    To what conference?
    Unless the WAC starts FCS football, it'd have to be Southland. Only problem is they're full and I doubt they'd be willing to take two D2 schools again.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    Unless the WAC starts FCS football, it'd have to be Southland. Only problem is they're full and I doubt they'd be willing to take two D2 schools again.
    What will be the Vegas line on which happens first- the Southland adding a team or the Lone Star losing one?

I'd bet on the second.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast